Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Motivation to recover from a binge! Watch

I have bulimia and the Christmas/ New Year period has made my binge/purge tendencies so much worse than before! Now throwing up about 5 times a day rather than the 2 I was before

I feel so out of control of my eating. Today (NYE) I just couldn't stop - I was literally continuously eating, there wasn't a point where I wasn't eating something. I'm so ashamed. Ate maybe 4000 calories today and threw up 6 times.

Please post motivation to help me get my diet/eating back on track!!! I'm finding it really difficult to stop the binge/purge cycle. :ashamed2:

Want to make 2013 a healthy year!!! Please help!!

ReputationRep:
    Remember this. Every item of food you put in your mouth and every time you throw up is YOUR CHOICE. Take responsibility for your choices.

Good first step would be to go to your GP and get help. You are clearly struggling with this very much. Acknowledging that you have a choice over your actions and getting help with the mental stuff that makes you want to take those actions. This is what you need to do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.