Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

We're really close friends (both in same year at Uni) and a month ago he kissed me and told me he wanted to be with me, he could see himself loving me, if I was with anyone else he didn't know what he'd do.

I told him I felt the same way, but because I'd been hurt before I wanted to take it really, really slowly - so I told him I wouldn't sleep with him until I was ready. He's the only person who knows I was raped.

Then we were both busy for a while, and when I finally got to chat with him he told me 'I never really liked you; I dont think you're worth it.'

He's now seeing another girl (prettier, sportier, funnier, the works..) and they slept together the first time they kissed.

So (a): what am I supposed to make of this?!
    (b): I still like him so much; he's the closest to perfect I'll ever get.

How do I forget about him?

ReputationRep:
    a) he's an *******, forget about him.
    b) there are better than him. you'll find the perfect one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warfarin)
    a) he's an *******, forget about him.
    b) there are better than him. you'll find the perfect one.
    Couldn't put it better myself

ReputationRep:
    and a happy new year, of course^^ ur probably not in the best shape right now, but the new year will be better. Promise!

ReputationRep:
    What a ****. I'm really sorry :hugs:

No. He is not the best you are going to get. You deserve better than him, much, much better. I feel sorry for the girl he's with. Don't let him keep you down, and please, do not listen to him. You are worth it, and don't let anyone tell you different, especially someone who is meant to be your friend but says such horrible things.

You'll find better. Don't you worry.

ReputationRep:
    “Life laughs at you when you are unhappy ….. Life smiles at you when you are happy ….. But life salutes you when you make others happy.” ~ Charlie Chaplin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

Don't worry, be happy! Life is beautiful!
    • TSR Support Team

what an absolute douche bag, you are better off without him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We're really close friends (both in same year at Uni) and a month ago he kissed me and told me he wanted to be with me, he could see himself loving me, if I was with anyone else he didn't know what he'd do.

I told him I felt the same way, but because I'd been hurt before I wanted to take it really, really slowly - so I told him I wouldn't sleep with him until I was ready. He's the only person who knows I was raped.

Then we were both busy for a while, and when I finally got to chat with him he told me 'I never really liked you; I dont think you're worth it.'

He's now seeing another girl (prettier, sportier, funnier, the works..) and they slept together the first time they kissed.

So (a): what am I supposed to make of this?!
    (b): I still like him so much; he's the closest to perfect I'll ever get.

How do I forget about him?
    There are over 6 billion people on this planet, trust me, he is not the perfect one, no one is perfect. Enjoy university, and forget about what happened in 2012. Its a new year, its a new start, just have fun and enjoy the best three years of your life at uni.

Thank you guys!! Yea i need to man up a bit I guess haha.

Although he has just booked train tickets to come down and see me without telling me?! It's a 6 hour train journey, said he wanted to surprise me -.- but I'm getting sick of his messing so I've invited other people to make it less awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Wow what a prick.

Give him the cold shoulder, that was a horrid thing to say especially when you trusted him with such information. You will find someone else, I feel sorry for the girl he's with right now too ugh.

ReputationRep:
    A) he doesn't deserve you , you will do much much better
    B) there is a perfect one for all of us , so you will find some one much better than him

ReputationRep:
    hey i'm sorry to be intruding in your thread but actually, i have/had the same problem too. except i thought we were becoming a least friends when (that person) suddenly when all quiet and uninterested on me..( this guy at my school..)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Cut him out of your life completely. No contact, via text, facebook, in person or anything . Don't shy away from tackling the issues mentally either, it's just putting off dealing with it to a later date. It will take time, but you will move on.

ReputationRep:
    Just really take a look at what you've typed here. The guys an ********. New year, new start

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.