Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for number 1 MCQ? I remember reading in my revision guide that a Bank Loan is a capital good but everyone i know says its wrong ? isit?

ReputationRep:
    Has no body still not got the answers for multiple choice?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    I put the hospitals because in the hospitals, the (positive externalities + private benefits) MINUS (negative externalities + private costs) = the highest of all the rest
    Oh OK that makes sense! I was panicking a bit about the time then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra's Box)
    Yes good idea, you have to be careful. Do you think that even if one case study got much worse results the grade boundaries for both would be the same, if you see what I mean?

Say Case Study A gets on average 10 more marks than B. Someone who gets 40/50 on A and 30/50 on B and same marks on MC would get the same grade? Or would B just be unlucky they picked the harder one.

Not saying that's the case, but theoratically (sp?)
    The last exam had a really hard question on buffer stocks and they just had a lower grade boundary for the whole paper to like 58/75 or s/t for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prayforbetterdays)
    What did everyone put for number 1 MCQ? I remember reading in my revision guide that a Bank Loan is a capital good but everyone i know says its wrong ? isit?
    I put the land

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra's Box)
    Oh OK that makes sense! I was panicking a bit about the time then
    I needed litteraly only 5 minutes more to finish one more issue and conclude in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haccounts2012)
    My timing for this paper was really bad. Multi-choice questions were fine as well as questions a, b and c for the first context. However, completely ran out of time for the 25 marker, wrote about a third of my answer. My plan I did for it was really detailed though, had evaluative points, methods of intervention, development points I was going to include etc. I wrote an introductory paragraph showing understanding of the question, wrote 2 definitions and did a positive externality graph when discussing a subsidy. Then started my next paragraph on taxing non-efficient methods of transport. Would I get rewarded marks for my detailed plan or not?
    Exactly the same here!!!
    I buzzed through the Multiple choice, didn't think they were difficult, I read the two sets of DRQ's and chose the 2nd one (about government intervention on rising obesity) and I answered the 5/8/12 markers really well, I wouldn't be surprised if I got all the marks available for those, but then I was sat quite far away from the clock and I could see it properly, so I thought I had longer than I did. I did about 1 page, roughly a third of the answer for the 25 mark when the guy called 5 min left. I had to quickly rush through all the evaluative points in bulleted paragraphs. Luckily the guy didn't collect my paper untill almost last in the whole room and so I got almost 5 additional mins from when he said to put pens down (**** that when marks are at stake hah!), still I think the essay was skeletal in comparison to what I felt was a really meaty question; could have written happily for 15-20 mins longer on that one.

ReputationRep:
    I needed litteraly only 5 minutes more to finish one more issue and conclude in the end
    You seem to have done well anyway from the answers you have submitted here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenWalker)
    Exactly the same here!!!
    I buzzed through the Multiple choice, didn't think they were difficult, I read the two sets of DRQ's and chose the 2nd one (about government intervention on rising obesity) and I answered the 5/8/12 markers really well, I wouldn't be surprised if I got all the marks available for those, but then I was sat quite far away from the clock and I could see it properly, so I thought I had longer than I did. I did about 1 page, roughly a third of the answer for the 25 mark when the guy called 5 min left. I had to quickly rush through all the evaluative points in bulleted paragraphs. Luckily the guy didn't collect my paper untill almost last in the whole room and so I got almost 5 additional mins from when he said to put pens down (**** that when marks are at stake hah!), still I think the essay was skeletal in comparison to what I felt was a really meaty question; could have written happily for 15-20 mins longer on that one.
    Im sure you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    I did that too!, I wrote about three policies, dont know if its right:
    Subsidies - describe + costs government a lot, might work based on elasticity of demand, it did work according to the article

Taxes - describe + inequality, revenue

High minimum price for cars - Describe with graph + excess supply leads to black market, stops new buyer and enable them to use rail and bus
    Yeah i only did 2 of them policies, i was running out of time but i did them in detail. Hopefully i dont drop too many marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    You seem to have done well anyway from the answers you have submitted here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully!, I am just hoping for the best, I thought that the MCQ some of them were tricky but some I remember from past papers, wat about you?

ReputationRep:
    wat about the 12 marker?, I put a fairly inelastic demand curve (for peak travel times) and talked about it in context of the question.
    Yeah 12 marker i did inelatic demand curve. What did you compare for the 8 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishi_Sood11)
    Yeah i only did 2 of them policies, i was running out of time but i did them in detail. Hopefully i dont drop too many marks
    do you think that my last policy made sense?, the whole point was to raise the minimum price so high in order to get rid off demand for cars which leads to a lowered congestion

ReputationRep:
    Yeah 12 marker i did inelatic demand curve. What did you compare for the 8 marker?
    with figures, I compared:
    -petrol usage reduced overall from 2000 to 2011 whereas Diesel usage rose from 2000 to 2011

-Petrol rose from 200 - 2004 then just kept dropping whereas Diesel continually kept rising throughout.

Do you think those where do enough to get the marks?
    What did you compare?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully!, I am just hoping for the best, I thought that the MCQ some of them were tricky but some I remember from past papers, wat about you?
    Yeah same here..I was so happy when I saw the repeated ones though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    Yeah same here..I was so happy when I saw the repeated ones though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, it actually made me smile and think that AQA will never change

ReputationRep:
    do you think that my last policy made sense?, the whole point was to raise the minimum price so high in order to get rid off demand for cars which leads to a lowered congestion
    Yeah i think thats fine you should get marks for that, i said about introducing maximum price on public transport tickets so prices dont rise too high which may encourages consumers to use public transport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljc123)
    The last exam had a really hard question on buffer stocks and they just had a lower grade boundary for the whole paper to like 58/75 or s/t for an A
    Really? OK. Just have to wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenWalker)
    Exactly the same here!!!
    I kind of had the opposite problem, I don't know what it was (in hindsight it was probably spending the whole morning revising or something that tired out my brain) but normally I find the MC questions a cake walk but today I had to read each question and the answers 2 or 3 times before it sunk in what the question was asking. So by the time I reached the 25 mark question what I wrote felt really barebones and rushed compared to what I could have written.

If I have to retake/when it comes to Unit 2 I'll know to do the essay FIRST.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think thats fine you should get marks for that, i said about introducing maximum price on public transport tickets so prices dont rise too high which may encourages consumers to use public transport
    That makes sense, you should definitely get rewarded

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.