Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I once got ID'd for a big mac no lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare~Bear)
    No, but their face makes it obvious that they're over 18. But when you've got a young face big boobs make you look older.

I don't see the problem with being ID'ed. It's their job at the end of the day, and if they have ANY suspicion that somebody is consuming alcohol underage they have the right to ask for ID. No ID = kicked out, or at the very least your drink is taken away.

If I worked in a bar, I wouldn't care how big somebody's boobs were - if they looked young, I'd ID them.

What next, some 15 year old lad walking into a bar with a massive **** hanging out and not getting ID'ed because the bar manager says "Don't worry, he's well endowed so he's old enough!"

Boobs are not a measure of age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabian92)
    I don't see the problem with being ID'ed. It's their job at the end of the day, and if they have ANY suspicion that somebody is consuming alcohol underage they have the right to ask for ID. No ID = kicked out, or at the very least your drink is taken away.

If I worked in a bar, I wouldn't care how big somebody's boobs were - if they looked young, I'd ID them.

What next, some 15 year old lad walking into a bar with a massive **** hanging out and not getting ID'ed because the bar manager says "Don't worry, he's well endowed so he's old enough!"

Boobs are not a measure of age.
    I didn't have a problem. I was surprised. I'm only asking what I was actually IDed for considering I was drinking wine with a meal and the champagne was pre-paid for by an adult.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a problem. I was surprised. I'm only asking what I was actually IDed for considering I was drinking wine with a meal and the champagne was pre-paid for by an adult.
    I don't think it matters *who* pays for the champagne - it matters who is drinking it! Maybe the manager was just passing and saw and thought it best to ask, maybe someone was passing and made a comment. Who knows? For them - far better for them to be safe than sorry

ReputationRep:
    I think you should take a picture with these said boobs so we can deem exactly the reason why you were i.d'd.

without this information we are all making guesses with no real evidence to go by but your word.

ReputationRep:
    Just because the adult bought the champagne, doesn't mean you can't get IDed. Loads of 18+ people buy drinks for underage people. It's still not allowed, and adults who buy underage people drinks also risk getting a hefty fine themselves. It's up to the staff at the venue to stop this from happening, as well as preventing risking their license.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgeorge)
    I don't think it matters *who* pays for the champagne - it matters who is drinking it! Maybe the manager was just passing and saw and thought it best to ask, maybe someone was passing and made a comment. Who knows? For them - far better for them to be safe than sorry
    Doesn't matter - you can still get in trouble for drinking underage regardless of who bought it. It's a crime to attempt to buy underage as well as consume underage.

ReputationRep:
    Big boobs do not make you look older. I am 26 with F boobs and Tesco refused to sell me a bottle of wine the other day because I didn't have my ID. I don't think it's weird that you got ID'ed at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabian92)
    Doesn't matter - you can still get in trouble for drinking underage regardless of who bought it. It's a crime to attempt to buy underage as well as consume underage.
    I thought the rules are different if you're over 16 and are supervised by a parent or guardian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgeorge)
    I thought the rules are different if you're over 16 and are supervised by a parent or guardian?
    Technically, yes, they are but most pubs (or drinking establishments in general) have a policy of over 18's only just to have a blanket rule and not have exceptions etc, and to cover themselves legally.

You can drink at 16 in a pub with a meal, but only a glass of wine or weak beer. Not really worth it - if you want to get lashed, get a mate to go into Bargain Booze and find the nearest park.

ReputationRep:
    iwas i.d'd entering sports world once.

ReputationRep:
    You were probably ID'd for the wine, they can't have known for certain that you'd have champagne later in the night.

ReputationRep:
    This is looking a bit far in to it if I'm honest.

I work in a pub restaurant and our policy is challenge 25 so technically even if I think you look 21 I am supposed to ID you.

In that scenario no member of staff had actually served YOU any alcohol or anything so no one was responsible other than the manager on shift. Had you have been 17 and been caught out the manager on shift would be accountable as no other member of staff had served you, as well as your parents or whoever supplied you the alcohol.

Not in a harsh way but the manager was well within their right to ID you if they were unsure as it is their ass on the line. Had I have been in that position where you were drinking and looked under the age of 25, I would have done the exact same thing just to be safe as serving someone under age can come with a hefty fine and loss of a job which is worth a lot more than slightly offending someone about their age.

Sorry to be rude but I think they were right to do so, so please don't feel offended, it's just common policy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiejnd)
    This is looking a bit far in to it if I'm honest.

Not really, I'm just wondering what I was asked ID for, the wine or champagne?

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I'm just wondering what I was asked ID for, the wine or champagne?
    I don't think you're going to find your answer here to be honest.
    If you want to know which specific drink they ID'd you for, go back and ask them. We weren't there, so we don't know exactly what happened.

ReputationRep:
    because you look under 25, as is the law.

ReputationRep:
    >I was drinking alcohol
    >Why was I IDed?

ReputationRep:
    I was at a hotel/restaurant with my boyfriend, my parents, his parents and a couple of their friends. I am over 18 by the way.

The meal (including champagne at midnight) was pre-paid for. But we had to pay for drinks throughout the night.

My dad bought a couple of bottles of wine. At the end of my main course, I still had most of a glass of wine left. The manager then came up to me and asked my age and if I had ID. I had none as I wasn't paying for any alcohol - I'm a student plus my parents were there.

Was this about the wine I had at the time or the champagne at midnight?

Because you can have wine with a meal when you're a few years younger than 18, surely he didn't think I was less than 15 or whatever it is. (My boyfriends beard makes him look older, I had DD boobs, which my dress was showing off!)

So was it about the champagne? But even still, I hadn't paid for it.

BUT, I'm 19 and my boyfriend is a year younger. But he wasn't asked for ID or anything. He does look a bit older than me, but he does have chubby cheeks which make him look younger, so it's quite hard to guess his age. At the time he quite clearly had coke (but the manager wouldn't have known if it had spirits mixed in it without seeing the reciept/tasting it), but was going to get champagne at midnight like everyone else. He does sometimes get IDed, so he must look under 18/21 to some people.
    I bought alcohol aged 18, and paid for it. Then, after I'd sat down, I was asked for ID and I didn't have any on me (I'm useless at things like that). Then they took it away from me. Just took the alcohol I'd paid for away and didn't given me a refund.

I get ID'd all the time. I'm 22 and get mistaken for 15 all the time. What's worse is my boyfriend is 34 and looks it, he's been mistaken for my Dad before. Don't fret.

I was also ID'd for a can of soda water. So there you, people are silly sometimes. A lot of places in London have an over-21s policy too, sucks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by British-Student)
    >I was drinking alcohol
    >Why was I IDed?
    You're allowed to drink non-spirits with a meal if you're about 15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anony.mouse)
    You're allowed to drink non-spirits with a meal if you're about 15.
    16, not 15. You still need ID though to prove you're 16 or over, plus most pubs as a policy won't serve alcohol to under 18s anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.