Rack Lockout:

69*1
    75*f @ 10

e1rm = 72.5

CG reverse band floor Press:

90*5*5

Chinups:

BW+11.5kg*2*4

hmm was feeling good after doing my reverse band presses but then felt kinda rubbish doing my rack lockouts. 69kg felt tough but idk I made the mistake of not backing down the weight after I thought that 75kg would be too much. Ah well at least I know that I have a good sense what I'm capable of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

235*1 @ 9.5
    LMAO5.5PLEATE!!!!*1 @ 10 (Mothertruckin PR)

e1rm = ~240kg
    Sweet.

ReputationRep:
    my overhead work is just focused on the bottom and mid range. Doing some pin presses from forehead height. Sucks but should lead to a PR.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

160*3 @ 9.5

e1rm = 179

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

220*2 @ 10

e1rm = 235

Front Squat:

75*5*5

Deadlift PR = Deficit Deadlift PR :sexface:. Feels pretty fun now that the bar properly bends.

I'm thinking of making a change to way I do my training based on my time doing it. And that change happens to be no change. By that I mean that I don't think I'll be so quick to change exercises every 6 weeks like the book suggests. I feel like it's not enough time for me to get any benefit out of the exercise as it takes at least that long for me to even get going tbh. The fact that my Deadlift has done so well may be because of this. I will change Thursdays squat variation slot with pin squats however. Front squats were only there due to being unable to do my reverse band squats due to an elbow injury + the setup being awkward and somewhat unsafe. I'll still be doing Front Squats on Mondays.

ReputationRep:
    So the bar bends at 5 plates then? I want to join the bending bar crew soon..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    So the bar bends at 5 plates then? I want to join the bending bar crew soon..
    Was probably just a ****ty bar. Was slightly thicker than usual and had a silvery look to it so I presume it's maybe more geared towards oly lifting? idk. But it looked cool when the first rep is easy and you can just awe at yourself in the mirror :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Press:

68.5*5 @ 9
    68.5*5 @ 9.5

e1rm = 82

Pin Press:

68.5*3 @ 8
    68.5*2*3 @ 8.5

e1rm = 80

DB Press:

27.5*2*5

DB Curls:

27.5*3*3

Low rep curls jus' 'cos I can :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

200*4*4 @ 8

e1rm = 247

Pin Squat:

131.5*5*2 @ 8

e1rm = 149

SLDL:

147.5*4*5

Good start to the volume phase of Deadlifting. Was a bit stiff and slow starting out but it went pretty well. Seems I still feel good at reps as I felt like I had 200*7 on at least one of those sets which gives me a nice e1rm of 247kg. Just need to keep that number there for a few weeks to nail a PR Unfortunately Xmas is round the corner which means I'll have to do next weeks Deadlifting on Wednesday or skip it which means probably a sub par session from being still unrecovered from Monday's deficit Deadlifting. We shall see.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm just now looked up the GBPF Deadlift records. 295kg for 93kg class and 305kg for 105kg class (under 23 division; I'm 21). Didn't realise that I could potentially contend with that if training goes well over the next couple years. Assuming my training e1rm gets to 250kg next intensity cycle and I pull that, then consider that if I used a belt I might get 10kg out of that extra, that's pretty close already. Damn non-natties inflating my perception of natty strength.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Reverse Band Press:

75*4 @ 8.5
    75*4 @ 9

e1rm = 89

Rack Lockout:

62.5*2*5 @ 8.5
    62.5*5 @ 8
    62.5*5 @ 9

e1rm = 76

Reverse Band CG Floor Press:

90*4*5

Chinups:

BW+5kg*2*4

The continuing story of the meh upper body sessions.

ReputationRep:
    8.5 rpe first set 8 second set seems legit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illidan_Stormrage)
    8.5 rpe first set 8 second set seems legit.
    It happens all the time to me. Something to do with post-activation potentiation I think.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

150*5 @ 8.5
    150*2*5 @ 9

e1rm = 182.5

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

197.5*4 @ 9.5

e1rm = 227

Front Squat:

77.5*5

Squatting was pretty good today. Unfortunately I haven't done sets of five in a while so it burnt me out a bit for the rest of the session. Was hoping on seeing something like 197.5*2*5/3*4 for deficits but was just too fatigued so I just did one set.

Can't Deadlift until Friday due to the damn xmas hols. Bah Humbug! Should hopefully be fresh to do triples with 212.5kg.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Press:

70*3 @ 8.5
    70*3 @ 9

e1rm = 80.5

Pin Press:

66*4 @ 8.5
    66*4 @ 9

e1rm = 78

Bench Press:

92.5*2

DB Curls:

27.5*3*3

I've finally decided that I'm gonna give OHPing a rest. Too frustrating that I keep spinning my wheels after many months. Gonna start working on my bench which I haven't properly trained for about 11 months. I will still OHP but it's gonna be a slow build up, like 10 weeks, before I get to PR weights.

Sorry to Illidan_Stormrage as I think you are specifically in this thread to see how my OHP is going :L

ReputationRep:

Gym is closed for two days in a row stopping me from doing the intermediate routine properly. Did 10% fatigue on two overhead movements to make up for it. I personally think that any assistance work for the press will be movements that emphasis strength off the bottom or at the forehead.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Deadlift:

212.5*2*3 @ 8
    212.5*3 @ 9.5

e1rm = 248

Pin Squat:

125*3*4 @ 8
    125*4 @ 8.5

e1rm = 150

SLDL:

147.5*4*5

Some strong pulling today. Third set suddenly became very tough though, might've gotten out of my groove or something. Think I'll be doing either 217.5/220 for doubles next week. 5 Plates for volume work does sound fun though.

ReputationRep:
    Saturday:

Bench Press:

83.5*5*5

Pin Press:

53.5*3*5

Chinups:

BW + 11.5kg*3*3

ReputationRep:
    Decided to analyse a bit of data from my training for fun.

Interesting things I've found were:

1. My Deficit Deadlift e1rm and volume fluctuate a lot for some reason whereas my Deadlift volume seems to be similar each cycle but my e1rm increases steadily.

2. Total volume from Deficit Deadlifting and Deadlifting has a downward trend despite e1rm going up. Partly the reason is because I've been stopping doing sets earlier than when I started the program as I've found that I get less beat down. I guess the data suggests that this was an appropriate change to make.

3. Based on my current progress I'll equal the record I was talking about a while back in 6 months aww yeah (In a perfect world).

Raw Data Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

Some Pretty Graphs:

Unfortunately google docs seems to format it weirdly to remove the titles and give the dates along the x axis as days since 01/01/1900 ¬¬

Titles are for each graph consecutively: Deadlift Volume, e1rm Deadlift, e1rm Deficit, Deficit Volume, Total Volume.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Ua...ZaY3lCakk/edit

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

157.5*2*3 @ 8
    157.5*3 @ 8.5

e1rm = 184

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

197.5*2*3 @ 8
    197.5*3 @ 9

e1rm = 230

Front Squat:

77.5*4*5

Squat is starting to get back to where it should be. e1rm of about 186/187 would be PR territory. Think Pin Squats might be helping as I feel a lot more comfortable getting out of the bottom than usual.

Deficits were not too bad today. About a 3kg e1rm increase from last week. Getting over 235kg would means gains are around the corner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.