Tuesday:

Bench Press:

90*5
    100*2

Press:

53.5*3*5

Pullups:

BW*3*5

Went in to just do 90*5 for bench but that felt easy so I did 100*2 too, which also felt somewhat easy.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

220*2*2 @ 8.5
    220*2 @ 9.5

e1rm = 246

Pin Squat:

127.5*4*3 @ 8

e1rm = 153

SLDL:

150*2*5

First set of Deadlifts might have been @ 8 but I don't want to overestimate my strength and throw my training numbers off. Next week I'll be trying for a PR of 225kg*3.

Cast your minds back to the 23rd of September when the outer sweep of my right quad was all weird and uncomfortable. Well it's happened again so I had to cut my sets short. Might have to start regularly doing some prehab to avoid this becoming a recurring thing. Last time I was able to go back to the gym and 'squat' off the soreness next session so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    mirin dl and ability to determine rpe to .5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illidan_Stormrage)
    mirin dl and ability to determine rpe to .5
    ty, I've found that I'm pretty in tune with what I'm capable of based on how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    Need more of your deadlift videos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thiseas)
    Need more of your deadlift videos.
    Yeah I've been thinking about getting a video camera as I would like to record my first 6 plate Deadlift ^_^

I'll think about it and people can feel free to tell me how much they want videos again :P

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Bench Press:

87.5*5*5

Pin Press:

56*3*5

Chinups:

BW*4*6

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

162.5*2 @ 8
    162.5*2 @ 9
    162.5*2 @ 8.5

e1rm = 184

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

202.5*3*2 @ 8,5
    202.5*2*2 @ 8

e1rm = 236

Front Squat:

80*5

Weird day. Stupid bent bar caused my second squat set to go to rubbish so that's why I hit a @9. Right quad seemed ok until I did front squats when I got that feeling that if I did another set I'd get that warm yielding feeling followed by dull pain. If I had to guess the reason why my quad might be acting up is that my limited ankle mobility is making me squat a bit funny and making my quad work in ways it probably shouldn't. I know that when I squat with my work shoes on my mobility to get a perfect deep squat is increased a lot (My work shoes seem to have a slight angle to them like toned down oly shoes) so I might start trying to wear them to see how it goes.

I'm attempting 167.5kg next week for squats. Hopefully 2/3 reps. Most weight I've ever squatted is 167.5*1 as this seems to be the brink of when my squat form just turns to ****.

My first three sets of deficits felt like I had 1.5 reps left and I felt kinda slow and sluggish. Then I changed my set up and immediately gained another 1.5 reps. So I kind of went from feeling weaker than last week, possibly having to wait a few weeks before things got back into gear into technically being the strongest I've felt on deficits ever. Pretty cool. Change I made was that originally I kind of squatted to the weight a bit too much so that my shins went a bit too far forward than I would ever consider for normal Deadlifting and this made it harder to get off the floor but then I started with my hips a bit higher up and my shins more vertical much like my normal Deadlift. Because it's from a deficit my back starts nearly horizontal yet I seem to be a bit stronger this way.

Hopefully this is a good sign for Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

97.5*5

Press:

56*3*5

Pullups:

BW*3*5

hmm BP felt hard today. Felt a bit stiff. Also not helped by the fact that I'm being greedy trying to get back to where I was a year ago.

oh yeah some guy called me the King of Deadlifting at the gym today which was pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

225*3 @ 9.5 (PB)

e1rm = 251

Pin Squat:

140*3 @ 9

e1rm = 159

SLDL:

150*4*5

aww yeah it was one of those days that I didn't really feel like going to the gym but it turns out I'm strong as fuark. 6 weeks ago I did 211*3 for Deadlifts so I'm roughly gaining 2.5kg/week which would be roughly the same as when I did linear progression stuff. 235*2 next week and if that goes well I'll try 250kg*1 the week after :cool:. If I pull 250kg I think that'll justify splashing out on a camcorder to start giving you guys some vids again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

225*3 @ 9.5 (PB)

e1rm = 251

Pin Squat:

140*3 @ 9

e1rm = 159

SLDL:

150*4*5

aww yeah it was one of those days that I didn't really feel like going to the gym but it turns out I'm strong as fuark. 6 weeks ago I did 211*3 for Deadlifts so I'm roughly gaining 2.5kg/week which would be roughly the same as when I did linear progression stuff. 235*2 next week and if that goes well I'll try 250kg*1 the week after :cool:. If I pull 250kg I think that'll justify splashing out on a camcorder to start giving you guys some vids again.
    lol don't you have a camera on your phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    lol don't you have a camera on your phone?
    Yeah but it'll be really ****, would probably need to find someone to film me doing the lifts too as I wouldn't be able to lay it down somewhere. By the looks of I would also have to buy one of those super mini usb cables to be able to connect it to the comp.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Pin Press:

58.5*3*5

Bench Press:

87.5*5*5

Chinups:

BW+5kg*3*5

OP updated with slightly late quarterly review.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

167.5*3 @ 9.5

e1rm = 187

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

215*2 @ 10

e1rm = 229

Front Squat:

60*1

Hmm this session started off great but then left me feeling somewhat hopeless at the end. First time I've ever done 167.5*3. Not a PR but I've never been able to do more than 1 rep with this weight for some reason. e1rm is the same as my PR e1rm (160*5). This would mean that I maybe have a hope of making some gains unlike OHPing but my damn quad again has ruined the fun again when I did front squats. It's the worst it's felt after doing 60*1 front squats ¬¬. Not sure what to do. Seems so weird that I can just load up ~170kg and back squat it no problem then 30 minutes later trying to do 60kg front squat with perfect form makes it just snap. fml.

Deficit Deads were slightly disappointing as I only got 2 reps. Looking at my training a similar thing has happened before where the last volume session turns out to be good with high e1rm and sets completed but then the following week my e1rm goes down only to rise again to a PR over the next two. Hopefully this will happen again. Doesn't look like it affected my regular Deadlifting however.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

100*5

OHP:

58.5*3*5

Pullups:

BW*3*5

aww yeah back in the 2 plate for 5 reps club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

100*5

OHP:

58.5*3*5

Pullups:

BW*3*5

aww yeah back in the 2 plate for 5 reps club.
    Nice job, man.
    It looks like it's been a good bench year for everyone so far. Hah.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

235*1 @ 10

e1rm = 235

Pin Squat:

100*2

SLDL:

150*5

well, pretty **** day lol

ReputationRep:
    It's a lot better than most people's good days though :P
    I'm nowhere close to pulling 235!

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Pin Press:

60*3*5

Bench Press:

90*5*5

Chinups:

BW*4*6

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

162.5*2*1 @ 9

e1rm = 173

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

207.5*3 @ 10

e1rm = 228

hmm squatting was crap presumably cos I'm injured + barely any squatting recently + fatigue considering the Deadlift performance lately. Also cut Front squats as they seem to aggravate my quad the most.

Hopefully training will get back to top condition in the next few weeks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.