102.5*1
    115*6
    85*12

BB Curls:
    45*7,6,6

Monday:

Press:

30*3*10

Think I'll probably just reset and start TM for squat this Wednesday, will at least coincide with the deload for much of everything else. Opinions welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

Squat:

95*5
    97.5*5
    102.5*5
    105*5
    107.5*5

Bench:

45*5
    57.5*5
    70*5

Row:

60*7
    85*5
    102.5*1
    120*1
    112.5*6
    85*8

+a few light power cleans

Will probably be doing a few random powercleans every time I go to the gym as I might replace the rows with them as they're stalling and I'm bored of them.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Squat:

80*2*5

Press:

30*5
    37.5*5
    45*5

Deadlift:

77.5*5
    97.5*5
    115*5

Nothing interesting, although this deload did feel easier than usual.

On an unrelated note, I've been offered two interviews for a job to work for either MBDA or Stirling dynamics

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

Squat:

120*5

Pause Bench:

65*8*3

Row:

60*7
    85*5
    102.5*1
    115*6
    85*12

BB curls:

45*7,7,6

Monday:

Pause OHP:

40*8*3

Bench felt pretty good today, even reduced the rest times to around 45 secs.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

Squat:

102.5*5*5

Bench Press:

75*5
    87.5*5
    100*6

Row:

60*7
    85*5
    102.5*1
    120*1
    112.5*5
    85*8

Not sure wtf is up with my benching, that was pretty much a rep max right there. Not sure if it is my left pec to blame from a couple of weeks ago as it feels like it's under a lot of strain yet I don't feel any pain. That, and the fact that I'm probably de-conditioned, oh well .

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Press:

50*5
    57.5*5
    65*4+f

Deadlift:

130*5
    150*5
    170*7

Squat:

82.5*2*5

+ light chest flies

Right, so my pec is flaring up while OHPing and I'm pretty sure it's the reason why I sucked. I think my body might be telling me to give it up and rest. So regretfully that's what I'll be doing . Plan of action will be:

1. Find a pressing exercise I can perform that doesn't aggravate my pec, will be trying to see if the push press will work first.
    2. Do some light chest flies/benching and more foam rolling to stretch my pecs and get blooding moving, hopefully to speed up recovery.
    3. Cry myself to sleep out of frustration.

Deadlift had at least a rep or two in the tank left, so kinda happy with that.

Didn't mean to make a blog of me just nagging btw . Empathy comments welcome :console:.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay Schopenhauer, I have a crappy body too :console:

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

Squat:

125*5

Push Press:

40*5
    50*3
    55*1
    60*3
    50*3

Power clean:

60*5*3

BB curls:

45*3*7

Squat felt a bit hard while VD (volume day) felt easy, presumably means I should start ramping up VD.

Push Press was quite easy so will start increasing the weight soon.

ReputationRep:
    Squat:

107.5*5*5

Push Press:

60*3*3

Power clean:

62.5*5*3

I find it interesting that my squat sets get progressively easier set after set, must take me a while for my CNS to kick in.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Power clean:

65*5*3

Push press:

62.5*3*3

Squat:

85*2*5

BB curls:

45*8,7,7

ReputationRep:
    Strong lifts. How come your bench is so far ahead of your other lifts? Genuine question, have you trained it more before this blog?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EonBlueApocalypse)
    Strong lifts. How come your bench is so far ahead of your other lifts? Genuine question, have you trained it more before this blog?
    Squat sucks because I only started training it around April last year when I got back into lifting (used to train at home so squats were kinda impractical), and because I simply suck at them anyway lol. I have no idea why my bench made such fantastic progress on madcow. When I started around april-mayish I was at about 80*5 then upped that to around 105*5 (25kg increase in one cycle by using microplates!) by September, then added another 7.5kg to that over the next couple of months, then stalled/mildly injured.

Other than that I think my OHP, Deadlift and Bench numbers in the OP are at roughly similar advancement.

ReputationRep:
    Impressive progress, would you recommend micro plates? I've always been thinking of buying them. My bench lags behind my other lifts and I'm struggling to make progress with it. It's currently at 90*5 but I've been at that for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need a program that is likely to get you 2.5kg weekly increases, even for a week or two (i.e. something that will work) before microplates come valuable, as I think it allows you to milk the program you're on by making small steps once big steps become too hard rather than itself being a solution to a stalled lift.

I use some old 0.5kg plates that came from a spin-lock dumbbell set from home, and just tie a string around them so that they can fit onto an olympic size bar. Or if I forget them I try and use some collars from around the gym.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

Squat:

130*5

Push Press:

65*3*3

Deadlift:

140*3
    160*3
    180*4

Squat is feeling a lot harder than I would like it...hope this thing works out . Deadlift predictably suffered as a result of putting them on the same day as squats, hopefully I'll acclimate.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

Squat:

112.5*5*5

Push Press:

67.5*3*3

Power clean:

67.5*5*3

Squat was a bit hard so maybe I have the volume right this time. Might reduce the volume of the push press as it starts to get harder.

ReputationRep:
    Pec(s) feeling alright?

ReputationRep:
    Seem to be ok but I haven't done much that would aggravate them. Keep forgetting to do some light flies and benching at the end of each workout .

Did Bench 80*3 today however and felt fine (and rather quick). I'm kinda curious to also see how my push pressing will carry over once I start benching again. From what I can gather, if I can hit 87.5*3 and beyond in theory I would've made some pressing strength, esp since my squat kinda sucks so I probably don't have good leg drive. 20kg on top of what I'm doing now though seems quite far away in terms of what I think I can manage. We shall see!

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Power clean:

70*5*3

Push Press:

70*3*3

Squat:

90*2*5

BB curls:

47.5*6,5,5

Maybe my power clean form is crap, or that the motor engram is already in place from deadlifting, but I find it easier to power clean starting with my hips quite high rather than low as seems to be the 'correct' form.

ReputationRep:
    I saw that comment you left on the Andy Bolton training vid (Youtube).
    Got downthumbed to hell.
    Yikes

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.