Pin Press:

51.5*5
    62.5*5

Bench Press:

97.5*2

Pullups:

BW*2
    BW*1

Only got 2000 calories yesterday so I decided to not do much today but I feel much better today so hopefully should be back to normal training soon.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

155*2*3 @ 8

e1rm = 181

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

192.5*2*3 @ 8

e1rm = 225

Gotten over the food poisoning thing but I seemed to have developed mild cold symptoms as well ¬¬ Moving to Stevenage seems to be the worst thing for my health ever lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Monday:

Squat:

155*2*3 @ 8

e1rm = 181

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

192.5*2*3 @ 8

e1rm = 225

Gotten over the food poisoning thing but I seemed to have developed mild cold symptoms as well ¬¬ Moving to Stevenage seems to be the worst thing for my health ever lol.
    have you maxed out squats before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    have you maxed out squats before?
    Not intentionally. Tends to be something where I'll try for a 3RM and I'll just be so crap that I just get 1 rep @10. tbh I thinking of taking a break from normal squatting as well just like the OHPing. It seems to be the exercise where I have do lots of warming up and a bit of stretching for and yet I don't seem to make terribly great progress atm.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

110*3

Press:

51.5*5
    62.5*5
    67.5*5

Chinups:

BW+7kg*3*5

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

217.5*2 @ 10

e1rm = 232

Pin Squat:

155*2 @ 10

e1rm = 166

Sumo Deadlift:

150*5

Thinking of doing a sort of deload over the next 3 weeks for the Deadlift as I seem to be overreaching quite a bit as well as the fact that I want to change exercises. Planning on doing Sumos for assistance and Deadlifts from 1-1.5 inch block as a secondary main.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Bench Press:

95*5*5

Pin Press:

53.5*5
    61*5
    70*4

Pullups:

BW+5kg*3*4

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

170*2 @ 9.5

e1rm = 184

Deadlift from 1.5 inch block:

170*5

nb day. Deadlifts from a block are fun. They feel properly 'dead' now

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

110*4

Press:

53.5*5
    61*5
    70*5

Chinups:

BW+13.5kg*2*3

Low rep chins cos yolo.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

190*5

Pin Squat:

150*3 @ 10

e1rm = 165

Sumo Deadlift:

150*5

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Bench Press:

97.5*3*5

Press:

53.5*5

Pullups:

BW*3*5

Wanted to do pin presses but this guy took at least an hour using the squat rack (surprisingly for squats). Better than last week where a group of guys were just doing floor presses with it with like 10 minute breaks between them. Felt a bit weak today so I did a bit less.

ReputationRep:
    Strong lifts!

What are pin presses and how come your chins are pretty low?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugby234)
    Strong lifts!

What are pin presses and how come your chins are pretty low?
    I'm basically doing an overhead press but instead of doing them touch-and-go I rest the bar on the safety pins between each rep.

I'm not that great at chinups cos:

1. Never really been a staple of my routine
    2. I'm somewhat fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    I'm basically doing an overhead press but instead of doing them touch-and-go I rest the bar on the safety pins between each rep.

I'm not that great at chinups cos:

1. Never really been a staple of my routine
    2. I'm somewhat fat
    Yeah I get you, and fair enough, good to see you getting them in though, one of my favourite exercises, good luck with them!

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

167.5*4 @ 10 (PB)

e1rm = 190

175*5

Well tickle my anus and call me Samantha, I actually set a squat PB today. Previous PB was 160*5. Was meant to do 3 but I felt good and didn't feel like leaving anything on the table today. Possible contributors (for my reference) as to why I suddenly might start making gains again:

1. Been stretching hip flexors and abductors before each squat session as they are tight as ****
    2. Changed my form a bit as I can now put my hands narrower as my elbow doesn't hurt anymore from when I injured a while back. Can get a lot tighter now.
    3. Stuck with the pin squats for a while now so maybe the traits developed from doing the movement are transferring over finally.

Going to do 180kg next week either for a few singles or if I'm really up for it, a double. Going straight to 190kg having only done 172.5kg for a single before and never having done a 1rm seems a bit unwise considering I don't gain much from doing it. Should be good to do the mythical squatting of 4 plates :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

110*4+f

Press:

53.5*5
    62.5*5

Chinups:

BW+11.5kg*3*4

hmm was annoyed that I didn't get 5 reps. Thought I just about had it in me :/ Probably gonna spend next couple weeks with a 'deload' weight then start RTS with it. Think I might replace the Press with some bench supplement too. Not sure what secondary exercise I will be doing though. Most likely either pause bench or close grips.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

195*5

Pin squat:

165*1 @ 10

Sumo Deadlift:

150*2*5

ooh nice I actually was able to get 165 with pin squats today.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Pause Bench:

91.5*2*3

Press:

53.5*5
    65*3

Pullups:

BW+4.5kg*3*5

SOMETIMES I LIKE TO DO PAAAUUUUUSSEEEEDDD REPS.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

LMAO4PLAETE!!!!!*2 @ 10 (PB)

e1rm = 192

180*5

Milestone achieved. I finally squatted 180kg and for a double too just like when I first pulled 220kg. Second rep was a bit atrocious though. Kind of came down too upright then because of the instability the weight fell forward and made me good morning the weight. But hey 180kg good morning is good too . 20kg more and I equal Illidan_Stormrage?

Deadlift from blocks felt pretty easy today compared to last couple of weeks so that presumably means my body has learnt the movement and I'm ready to kick ass when I start volume next week \o/

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Pin Press:

53.5*5
    61*5
    70*3

Bench Press:

100*5

Chinups:

BW+16kg*2*3

Noooo my Uni recently got a powerlifting society and I won't be back until this October (since I'm on placement). At least it gives me time to wow them with a 260kg+ Dead and maybe 200-220kg Squat

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.