Deadlift:

240*2 @ 10.5 (PB)

e1rm = 256

Pin Squat:

162.5*2 @ 9.5

e1rm = 176

Sumo Deadlift:

155*2*5

By @10.5 I mean 'omfg that was the hardest lift I've ever done'. The second rep got pretty round back and me struggling to lock it out and by the time I did my grip failed in one hand and ripped out the other so I was just standing there with everyone looking at me while I'm like 'wtf happened to the bar'. Could tell it was going to be tough as 225kg felt a bit heavy compared to the previous weeks. Probably won't do anymore max effort slots for the Deadlift for the current block. Guess fatigue is setting in from having had a pretty good few weeks of Deads.

EDIT: forgot to mention that my right bicep (the one supinated) felt a dull pain a couple minutes after the set so I should consider myself lucky that I don't need to get my bicep reattached this day... Feels fine now that I'm at home and have iced it.

In contrast pin squats were pretty good, upped my e1rm by 3kg mostly because my technique was really good today.

ReputationRep:
    You mother****er.
    Good job
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I can't even comprehend what 240 x 2 looks like :lol:

Insane strength man, good work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danadd9)
    You mother****er.
    Good job
    ty :P

(Original post by Angry cucumber)
    I can't even comprehend what 240 x 2 looks like :lol:

Insane strength man, good work!
    Thank you too! And welcome to my blog as I think this is your first time posting here.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Thank you too! And welcome to my blog as I think this is your first time posting here.

I'm a long time thread watcher of your deadlifting talents!

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Pause Bench Press:

110*2*2 @ 9
    110*2 @ 9.5

e1rm = 121

CG Incline Press:

70*6*2

Pullups:

BW*4*1

Well the good news is that my pause bench was very good today, effectively being a rep stronger than last week.

The bad news is that I aggravated my bicep from Pullups which caused me to kind of half arse the rest of my session as everything felt a bit uncomfortable. Guess I'll just do some abs for once instead of lats/biceps although I am most worried about how careful I'm going to have to be next time I Deadlift.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

180*3 @ 9.5 (9???) (PB)

e1rm = 201

Deadlift from 1.5 inch block:

212.5*3 @ 9
    212.5*3 @ 10

e1rm = 241

Oly Squat:

122.5*5

Wow today was one of the best days I've had in a while. Squat was seriously amazing. Added 2.5kg because I was feeling really strong and then it felt like I had about 1 rep on top of that...which would be like a 9kg PB in one week. Crazy. Flexibility and form was the best it has been in like a year too lol. Gonna count it as @9.5 though just to keep my ego in check for next week. Will be going for 192.5 for a few singles methinks.

Deadlifts from blocks felt really good too so I added 2.5kg on what I planned. Got +4kg e1rm on my best (which was last week). Focused on flexing my triceps hard as to not finish off my bicep unintentionally. Might've been the reason I was a lot stronger today on these.

If that weren't enough all day today and yesterday my nose has been stuffy and everytime I sneezed my right eye hurts and I've generally been feeling a bit under the weather especially after being a bit demotivated from Thursday (despite setting a Deadlift PB I felt a bit timid after realising I'm mortal).

Things are really moving along it seems. Guess my Deadlift last week was a blip considering how hard it was.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely squat triple

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

120*3 @ 9.5 (PB)

e1rm = 134

CGBP:

110*3 @ 9
    110*3 @ 10

e1rm = 124.5

Ab roller:

BW*many practice reps

Wooo set my first BP PR after coming back to doing the movement and it was relatively easy. Going for 127.5*1's or a double if I feel like I've gained another 2kg that week.

Ab roller was surprisingly hard. Can't actually do a full rep without cheating, which is pretty easy to do with this movement. Will just work on them.

This is probably the best week I've had since I started training seriously when I did the Madcow template in like April-September 2012. My lifts have gone a long way but I haven't set a PR in all three lifts within a week since that time period lol.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

225*3 @ 9 (8.5?)
    225*3 @ 10

e1rm = 257

Pin Squat:

160*3 @ 10

e1rm = 176

Sumo Deadlift:

155*3*5

Tough day today. Felt pretty tired coming in and out of the gym.

Wasn't sure if my first set was a 9 or 8.5. Speed on the last rep was decent and I had that feeling where my form was about to breakdown but doesn't quite, much like most of my 8.5's. On the other hand I fatigued really quickly so idk I just called it @8.75 xD which is my strength a couple weeks ago when I did 220*3 @ 8. Form was pretty good though today as I was able to keep my back locked quite well and focussed on straightening my arms. However I did notice even with the intention of straightening my arms that my right arm kind of bends right at the very top. Something I should try to eliminate.

Depending how I feel next week I may either go for 232.5*2's or work up to 245/247.5 ([email protected]) if I'm up to the challenge.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Pause Bench Press:

110*3 @ 9.5

e1rm = 123

CG Incline Press:

77.5*3*3

Ab Wheel:

BW*n*m

What a crummy day. My Bike broke on my way to the gym, then bench pressing aggravated my bicep. And then I was still a bit sore from tuesday's ab training that I hardly got that many reps today.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

171.5*1
    181*f
    171.5*1 @ 9.5

e1rm = 180?

225*3*1 @ 9
    225*1 @ 9.5

e1rm = 240

Oly Squat:

130*5

Wtf was today. Seriously. Like over 10% decrease in squat strength from last week when I did 180*3 @ 9.5. I know I came in early today because the gym closes early but I didn't think ~4/5 hours difference in training time would make that much of a difference unless some other effects combined today e.g. overreaching, dehydration etc. Dunno what weight I'll pick next week. I guess I'll just have to guesstimate based on RPE of certain weights.

However after that it felt like my body woke up and I got a decent Deadlift session in. I must say however that I think I nearly passed out on the 4th single. On all 4 sets after I walked away from the bar and my vision was really cloudy which is usual a lot of the times but on the 4th single my torso was having a spasm or something and I had to grab onto something as I wasn't sure if I was gonna fall over or not lol.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

118*1
    127.5*1 @ 9.5
    122.5*1 @ 9
    122.5*1 @ 9.5

e1rm = 134

CGBP:

117.5*1 @ 9
    117.5*1 @ 10

e1rm = 125

Random Ab Machine:

X*whogivesaratspatooty

hmm Bench was alright today. Even tried out fatigue percents. Was pretty draining however.

Didn't do the ab roller things as it seems like it strains my bicep too, the non injured one as well for some reason lol. I think I might just stop doing exercises that are causing discomfort now as it doesn't seem to be going away :/ Might use it as a chance to experiment with increasing my frequency of squatting or something. If that hadn't gone down the ****ter lately either ¬¬.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

232.5*1 @ 9.5

e1rm = 242

Pin Squat:

165*1 @ 9
    165*1 @ 9.5

Sumo Deadlift:

155*5*5

Hmm guess I have overreached! Will probably try seeing if I can work my way through it just by adjusting weights but if not I might just deload for 2/3 weeks. Pin Squat and Deadlifts from blocks doesn't seem to be affected as much though which is surprising. Somehow was even bothered to finally do 155*5*5 with sumos today :P

Thinking about implementing a few changes. First is using fatigue percents instead of fatigue stops as it's meant to be more accurate. And for some reason I overreached pretty quickly after deloading 6 weeks ago on the Deadlift.

Second is a slight definition change of the Epley formula I've been using to calculate my e1rms. Normally when I do a single and feel like I have half a rep I'll plug it in as 1.5 reps so I get the intensity as ~95.3% with 2 reps being 93.75% however I don't feel it's that accurate and doesn't make much sense conceptually so I'm gonna bump it up to 96-96.5% which will hopefully be more accurate.

Third, are some exercise changes if I overreach/get bored of the assistance ones I'm doing now. Thinking about Pause Squats in place of Pin Squats, Pause Deadlifts in place of Deadlifts from blocks, and Snatch grip Deadlifts in place of sumos. Pause Deadlifts are Deadlifts where you pause at a sticking point (a couple inches of the ground for me) for time and then continue the lift. They sound brutal.

Lastly, I might start undulating my supplement stuff as well. Normally I just do sets of 5 until I'm bored but I think I'll probably make better gains if I undulate like everything else, albeit at a lower intensity. Indeed, apparently Mike changed this over time as his book is a little out-dated in some parts.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Pause Bench Press:

115*1 @ 8.5
    115*1 @ 9

e1rm = 124.5

CG Incline Press:

77.5*2*5

Random Ab Machine:

Something*some*some

Hmm apparently doing random curls all day errday with a band actually makes my bicep repair rate x2 as fast. Only started to get a bit of pain after my second incline set but I was done by then. Even got stronger today too apparently. Particularly pleased with the incline even if it is a supplementary lift as for some reason I've found these really difficult in the past.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

155*5

195*5

Oly Squat:

130*6

Not bad I feel better than last week. Might get back to normal training starting next week. Think I'll keep block Deadlifts though as I feel I can still reap the benefits of doing these.

I am enjoying the enhanced recovery ability of this style of programming. When I was doing TM and madcow when I had days where I just lost 10% strength it takes 4-6 weeks to get back to normal.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

115*4 @ 8.5
    115*4 @ 9.5

e1rm = 136

CGBP:

107.5*4 @ 8
    107.5*4 @ 9.5

e1rm = 129

Ab Roller:

some

Mis-grooved the third rep of the second set of close grips so my RPE shot up a lot more than it should have. Still a pretty good day! +2kg onto normal bench and +4kg onto close grips. Can't argue with that.

ReputationRep:
    Did you end up giving the paused deadlifts a go? Very popular in Russia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thiseas)
    Did you end up giving the paused deadlifts a go? Very popular in Russia.
    I'm thinking of trying them after I feel I am finished with Deadlift from blocks. Which hopefully will at least be another 6 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift:

200*5

Pause Squat:

147.5*3

Sumo Deadlift:

150*7

hmm guess I will do another week of no repeats or load drops. Deadlift was pretty hard still which was surprising given Monday's performance. Also as it's a bank holiday next Monday meaning I'll have to train early again which might mean I'm not up to strength again.

On the plus side all those weeks of pin squatting have made pause squatting really easy. Probably close to or at the same strength as them which should mean when I start properly training it, it will go up quite a bit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.