215*4 @ 9

e1rm = 258

Pause CG Incline Press:

77.5*2*3

Pause Squat:

165*3 @ 8.5
    165*3 @ 9

e1rm = 190

Not bad day. Was hoping deadlifting would be a bit better but it wasn't too bad. Think I ate too much before going to the gym as the belt made me feel a bit nauseous lol. 227.5*2's next week though.

Pause Squat is stronger too. Squat has gone pretty well over the past few weeks.

Why do you hyperextend your neck at the top of the deadlift.

Also back in Norwich now. The gym has gotten so much more popular over the summer and not to mention bigger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Why do you hyperextend your neck at the top of the deadlift.
    Seems to be a force of habit to help me keep my back straight.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

110*2*3

Paused Oly Squat:

140*2*3

Paused CG Bench Press:

102.5*2*3

Tried using a board today to help stay more upright during oly squats. It works so I guess oly shoes would help but I still find it quite hard not to get some upper back rounding. High bar, not even once.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift w/belt:

232.5*2 @ 8.5
    232.5*2 @ 9

e1rm = 260

Pause Squat:

160*2*3 @ 7.5
    160*3 @ 8

e1rm = 189

Pendlay Row:

95*7

Was really pleased today. Had to go to the gym early which normally means a noticeable drop in performance but I actually bettered my deadlift from last week surprisingly. Had really good squatting too where I didn't seem to fatigue much which was odd.

Need to sort out my deadlift form I think. Kinda hitched that second rep very slightly. Actually thinking of doing some banded deads to help in the future.

btw that big guy behind me when I did deadlifting pulled 300*2 tng. Pretty cool to watch

ReputationRep:
    If you buy an rts shirt you must do the three pressure breaths before you begin deadlifting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illidan_Stormrage)
    If you buy an rts shirt you must do the three pressure breaths before you begin deadlifting.
    Ah yes I forgot about that. I also forgot to make choo choo train noises while moving my head to and fro when setting up for squatting

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Pin Press:

105*2*2

Snatch Grip Deadlift:

150*2*4

Paused CG Incline Press:

75*3
    70*3

Still don't know wtf is going on with my bench. Been trying to keep the volume low and keeping the RPE down but I still feel like crap. Was actually sore from Tuesday's workout upto today. Is it even possible to be injured without knowing it?

The only plus side of today was that my grip is improving quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat w/belt:

190*3 @ 8 (PB)
    190*3 @ 9

e1rm = 222

0.5 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

227.5*2 @ 8.5?
    227.5*2 @ 10

e1rm = 254

Pendlay Row:

100*5

Woop ez squat PR. Unfortunately I had my camera on the wrong setting so I just got a picture instead of video ¬¬

Hamstrings were toast from those sets and made the deadlifting feel pretty tough. Wasn't sure if the first set was actually @8.5 considering that the second was @10. I did do a long break between the two reps though as the first rep felt odd and slow. Might do less fatigue work on Thursday if I don't feel recovered.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

107.5*5

Pause Oly Squat:

132.5*5

Floor Press:

80*3
    90*2*2

meh didn't feel like doing much today. Also yoloing bench press movements. Floor press is surprisingly hard.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift w/belt:

230*3 @ 8
    230*3 @ 9

e1rm = 268

Pause Squat:

167.5*2 @ 8
    167.5*2 @ 9

e1rm = 190

Pendlay Row:

90*2*5

Awesome day. Changed my belt position to a bit lower on my deadlifts and it seems to have made a big difference! Reps felt solid and with not a lot of decrease in speed with that first set.

Thinking of switching up my fluff and pump exercise to side bends starting next week.

EDIT: I like the appropriate song that was playing while deadlifting ~0:19 :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Ply Press:

110*3*3

Snatch Grip Deadlift:

145*6

Push Press:

80*2

Ply press feels nice. Pecs don't feel that beat up from it.

Started push pressing again today after not doing any for nearly a year now I think. Are you happy danadd? :P. Only 10kg off my best 2rm despite being rather shaky.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat w/belt:

182.5*1
    195*2 @ 9
    185*2*2 @ 8

e1rm = 215

0.5 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

222.5*3 @ 10

e1rm = 245

Side Bends:

40*2*6

hmm tough day. Lost balance on squats which made the second rep at 195kg a lot harder. Also felt pretty exhausted at the end of squats and made deficit deads a lot harder.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Bench Press:

112.5*2*3

Paused Oly Squat:

137.5*2*3

CG Floor Press:

80*3
    90*2*3

Decided I'm just gonna do stuff close grip from now until some arbitrary time; possibly forever. Pecs just don't seem to like my normal grip.

Also gonna start doing a couple changes to add a new depth to my routine as my gains slow down. Gonna start varying the stress of my workouts. Will probably be something like:

w1: H
    w2: L
    w3: M
    w4: H
    w5: L
    w6: M

As a plus I get to do pretty high volume when starting my volume block and a nice low stress week before I do heavy singles. I'm going to only do 1 week of intensity stuff for squat next week as I think I'll need to resync my deadlift and squat cycles for this to work.

Also changing up my exercises a bit. I think atm my deadlift has gotten to the point where I am weaker at lockout than off the floor so I'm gonna switch from deficits to some banded pulls as well as changing my snatch grips to SLDL.

My Pause squats and oly squats have slowed too so I'm changing to doing some Squats with belt and wraps and paused front squats (paused so that I don't get any weird knee and quad problems again).

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift w/belt:

252.5*1 @ 9/9.5
    LMAO6PLAETE!!!!!*1 @ 10 (PB)

e1rm = 263

Pause Squat:

167.5*3 @ 9
    167.5*2 @ 9

e1rm = 190

Side Bends:

40*2*10

Decided to yolo after 252.5 and go for the big 6 plate pull .

Second set of pause squats was a bit iffy so I left it at 2 reps.

"COME ON JASON!!!"

ReputationRep:
    Awesome pull

ReputationRep:
    whats your bodyweight atm? some ridiculous pulling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    whats your bodyweight atm? some ridiculous pulling.
    Think it's like 105kg now. I started bulking a bit after starting RTS for a while. Should be around maintenance or slightly below atm.

ReputationRep:
    boom
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Holy **** awesome going mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

CG Ply Press:

107.5*2*3

Snatch Grip Deadlift:

147.5*3

SLDL:

140*5

Push Press:

80*3*3

Grip was slipping a bit on snatch grips so I just decided to do one set and then get some practice with the exercise I'm replacing it with. Quite a lot stronger at SLDLs than when I first did them.

Also today after reading http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems...out-a-Deadlift I decided that I'll be doing pause deadlifts at about knee level rather than banded deads as I think it hits my weak range better.

Also push pressing vid for danadd

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.