Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wrote ******* on here a few years ago because it's in a band name and got a warning for spelling around it

ReputationRep:
    The rule with words is if the correct spelling turns into stars then don't use a misspelling to get around it.

Either leave it as stars which normally makes sense or switch words.

Or risk it. I tend not to give a ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Oly lifter. Pretty much see him every day in the gym. Think he actually does two sessions most days.
    ****. Where abouts do you train? I'm guessing if he does 2 a days he's pretty serious/high level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appeal to reason)
    ****. Where abouts do you train? I'm guessing if he does 2 a days he's pretty serious/high level.
    Bath Uni gym. Think he's won some welsh competition this month although I have no idea what. Best lifts I've seen him do are ~125kg snatch and 155kg C&J. He is probably the most dedicated person I've met though. The amount of time he puts in to mobility and the actual lifting as well as his focus and aggression is pretty admirable.

EDIT: There's actually quite a few high level lifters that I've seen around in the gym. Used to be a big roid head guy with I think 230kg Bench and 380kg Sumo dead. Another Oly lifter with 140kg snatch, 180 C&J. Another is an ex powerlifter turned oly lifter who has crazy strength like 250*3 Oly squat, 220*20 beltless deadlift lol. Don't see those three around anymore though so I guess I'm gonna have to fill the gap :P

Second edit...: Actually I still see Zoe Smith every Thursday xD

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Deadlift w/belt:

227.5*1
    247.5*2 @ 8
    247.5*2 @ 8.5
    235*2*2 @ 7.5
    235*2 @ 8

e1rm = 281

Push Press:

87.5*2*4
    85*4

Pin Squat:

157.5*1
    167.5*3 @ 8
    167.5*3 @ 8.5
    160*3 @ 8

e1rm = 195

Decent session today. Grip was being a bit funny with the deadlifts which was pretty annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Zoe Smith is yummy.
    Will be awesome to watch you pull 300 in a few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danadd9)
    Zoe Smith is yummy.
    Will be awesome to watch you pull 300 in a few months
    Still need to try 280kg which will potentially be on the 22nd depending on how well the week before went and how I feel warming up :P

300kg will maybe be like September or something if I'm lucky. I imagine my gains will eventually slow down and not just add 2.5kg a month until Tom Martin mode.

I am actually planning on maybe adding a 4th Squat/Deadlift session when I think the time is right. Maybe soon for the Squat as I feel I could do with some more work on it.

ReputationRep:
    Saturday:

2ct Pause Bench Press:

107.5*1
    112.5*3 @ 9
    107.5*3 @ 8

e1rm = 127.5

Snatch Grip Deadlift:

160*1
    170*f
    150*2*3

+ some weightless GHRs and reverse hypers

lol today was terrible. Had no strength at all. Two days out of gym = Can't handle anything. Hope I'm alright in a couple days when I have my hardest week out of the 6 week cycle that I do.

Also thinking of swtiching the snatch grip deads again. Bored of them already lol. Thinking of something with a tiny bit more specificity like paused deficit deadlifts :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat w/belt:

192.5*1
    205*1+f
    185*2*2 @ 8
    185*2 @ 7.5

e1rm = 210

2ct Pause Bench Press:

107.5*1
    117.5*2*2 @ 9
    117.5*2 @ 9/9.5
    115*2*2 @ 9
    115*2 @ 9/9.5

e1rm = 129

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

217.5*1
    235*2 @ 10
    210*2*2 @ 7.5
    210*2 @ 8

e1rm = 247.5

Hmm as expected I had quite a bit of performance decrease! Might just deload next week if the numbers still remain low. It's a bit of a pain having tonnes of exams with lots to revise for. That coupled with decreased performance and feelings of lethargy makes me think I should take it easy for the next few weeks.

That does mean no 280kg dead attempt but even if I maintain most of my strength until then I probably won't get it. Best to wait until after deload and new volume cycle where I'll be stronger. It will happen!...eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

2ct Pause Bench Press:

117.5*2*1 @ 9

e1rm = 123

2ct Pause Oly squat:

142.5*3*3

CG Floor Press:

90*1

Cba to train. Or live for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    holy **** you've had deadlift gains since I last was paying attention
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Damn strong everything

Very nice

How much you weighing these days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Damn strong everything

Very nice

How much you weighing these days?
    110kg
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    110kg
    Nice

Any plans on competing?

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were still in the mid 90's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Nice

Any plans on competing?
    Sort of wavering on it. Doubt I can be competitive when my pressing never improves. Also as I hinted at in today's post I'm battling with depression and can't be ****ed with anything atm tbh.

(Original post by danadd9)
    I thought you were still in the mid 90's!
    Haven't been mid nineties for over a year m9 :P. I think I was about 105kg in the vids I was posting over summer.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift w/belt:

235*1
    255*2 @ 8.5/9 (PB)
    255*2 @ 10
    237.5*2 @ 8.5
    237.5*2 @ 8.5/9

e1rm = 281

Push Press:

95*4*1

Pin Squat:

167.5*1
    177.5*2 @ 9
    170*2 @ 8.5
    170*2 @ 9
    165*2 @ 8.5/9

e1rm = 195

After three really crappy days where my performance was really bad I suddenly have today where it nearly felt like a best performance. Guess it goes to show that it takes a while to establish whether I should deload or not.

Also did 110*2*3 paused bench yesterday because yolo.

ReputationRep:
    Sort of wavering on it. Doubt I can be competitive when my pressing never improves. Also as I hinted at in today's post I'm battling with depression and can't be ****ed with anything atm tbh.

Haven't been mid nineties for over a year m9 :P. I think I was about 105kg in the vids I was posting over summer.
    You would probably be more competitive than you think. What's your total atm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
    You would probably be more competitive than you think. What's your total atm?
    Never really max out but 225-230/127.5/280 is probably where I'm at atm. 615kg total is probably a safe bet if I were to do a meet.

ReputationRep:
    Only just noticed this. Having depression as well I know how difficult it can be to go to the gym and give some effort. Stick through it, you get stronger and more close to success each time you train.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.