Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

JT becomes bearmode Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    Awesome work! Keep it up

I know that feel of depression as well bro, it sucks Good to hear you're feeling much better, hopefully it works out well! Finished my on my meds back in September, haven't looked back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the support

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

2ct Pause Bench Press:

102.5*1
    112.5*2*2 @ 8

e1rm = 127.5

2ct Pause 1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

180*3*4

+lots of squat mobility stuff

Bench is getting a bit crappy. Things are getting sore and bicep tendonitis has returned over the past week

Also wtf why am I losing so much weight. Weighed 106.5kg today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Thursday:

Deadlift w/belt:

210*1
    230*4 @ 8
    230*1

e1rm = 276

Push Press:

92.5*3*1

2ct Pause Squat:

150*1
    160*5

Deadlift and push press were a bit meh. I think Deadlift will pick up though once I get back to the grind. Gonna be changing push press back to CG Inclines as I'm a bit bored of it now. Only problem is that there is only one incline in the gym at it is usually taken so I will have to try to work in with people.

Pause squat felt really good. Deffo @ 8 which would suggest gainssss. Part of the strength I think is returning to a wider stance. It feels awkward but it means I don't have to have ridiculous flexibility.

Not sure if it's placebo effect but my god after only a day on Fluoxetine I feel so much better. If this continues then I honestly feel like I've been cheated out of five years of my life.
    best of luck. on psych placement atm and mental health problems can be crippling

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat w/belt:

185*1
    195*2 @ 7.5
    190*2 @ 7.5
    190*2 @ 8

e1rm = 224

2ct Pause Bench Press:

120*1 @ 8.5
    120*4*1 @ 9

e1rm = 130

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

202.5*1
    222.5*2 @ 7.5
    222.5*2 @ 8
    215*2 @ 7

e1rm = 256

Squat is nearly back to where it was in terms of form so I'm somewhat please with that. Strength is still lagging a bit. Had a **** bar though today so it didn't feel that great today.

Deadlifts were pretty good. Pretty much back to where they were except I'm 3kg+ lighter in BW.

Bench was kind of meh as my bicep is still a pain.

As this has turned into a mental health and lifting blog I guess I should update that too lol - almost feels like the efficacy of the drug has worn off. Very slowly after the initial few days it feels like my mood is turning into what it was before. Maybe I need to up the dose once I go back to the doctor? idk.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat w/belt:

185*1
    195*2 @ 7.5
    190*2 @ 7.5
    190*2 @ 8

e1rm = 224

2ct Pause Bench Press:

120*1 @ 8.5
    120*4*1 @ 9

e1rm = 130

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

202.5*1
    222.5*2 @ 7.5
    222.5*2 @ 8
    215*2 @ 7

e1rm = 256

Squat is nearly back to where it was in terms of form so I'm somewhat please with that. Strength is still lagging a bit. Had a **** bar though today so it didn't feel that great today.

Deadlifts were pretty good. Pretty much back to where they were except I'm 3kg+ lighter in BW.

Bench was kind of meh as my bicep is still a pain.

As this has turned into a mental health and lifting blog I guess I should update that too lol - almost feels like the efficacy of the drug has worn off. Very slowly after the initial few days it feels like my mood is turning into what it was before. Maybe I need to up the dose once I go back to the doctor? idk.
    I had a crap bent bar today as well.

And give the drugs time, they take a while to kick in properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I had a crap bent bar today as well.

And give the drugs time, they take a while to kick in properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel like part of the problem may be the way I ingest them. You're meant to swallow them whole so that the drug is released slowly but I just can't swallow it before it has disintegrated in my mouth :/ Think I've only been able to do it once out of 10 times or so

ReputationRep:
    I feel like part of the problem may be the way I ingest them. You're meant to swallow them whole so that the drug is released slowly but I just can't swallow it before it has disintegrated in my mouth :/ Think I've only been able to do it once out of 10 times or so
    Try asking your GP for a different formulation

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

2ct Pause Bench Press:

worked up to 110*1

Pause Squat:

Worked up to 140*1

lol so my everything hurt today. Right bicep hurts when benching, and for some reason both my biceps and my right hamstring hurt when squatting. Just **** it all really.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

2ct Pause Bench Press:

Worked up to 120*1

+ random assortment of pressing exercises

Well looks like I'm gonna be taking time off benching again. This video basically summarises my experience:

What's more annoying is that I'm either gonna have to drop low bar squatting for a while and do high bar or I'm gonna have to try do low bar squats with a wide grip which is hard due to some of the bars not having center knurling so I basically don't have a shelf to rest the bar on :/

Guess deciding on not competing in April was a good idea.

Danadd might be happy. OHPing doesn't seem to give bicep pain so might start taking that up again. Haven't tried dumbbell bench either so might try that.

EDIT: Maybe elbow sleeves will help?

ReputationRep:
    Elbow sleeves have made my pressing movements feel more comfortable, though when my tendon happens to flare it's on the back of the arm, so I'm not sure if the same could be applied to you. No reason not to try it, however!
    My experience in the gym tends to be a mix of strength gains and silly injuries that force me to work around them

ReputationRep:
    Put them in your mouth then immediately take a big drink?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Put them in your mouth then immediately take a big drink?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tried many times but haven't succeeded using that method. Food seems to work better. Did actually manage it today somehow!

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried getting a spoonfull of yogurt, popping a pill on/in it and wolfing down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Back when I had to take acne medication on a daily basis I had this too. You have to chase it with lots of water, quickly.
    I had to down like ~ 1/2 litre of water else it'd lodge and it break open before I could swallow it.

ReputationRep:
    Can't swallow tablets crew checkin in

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Deadlift w/belt:

222.5*1
    242.5*2 @ 8
    235*2*2 @ 7.5

e1rm = 275

2ct Pause Incline Bench Press:

80*3*5

2ct Pause Squat:

172.5*2 @ 7.5
    172.5*2 @ 8
    167.5*2 @ 7.5

e1rm = 198

hmm deadlift feels like I've lost how to lift heavy. Warmups feel fast but then top set is slow.

Inclines seem like they don't give me bicep pain which is nice. Seems like only at the very bottom of a bench press is when it happens. Surprising how fast you adapt to a new exercise. Like last week I think I did like 80*5*2 and it was actually somewhat challenging yet just after that one small session I can do 80*3*5 rather easily. Almost wish I was a noobie again so I could see gains like that more often.

Was playing with fire with squats. Widened my grip width to the maximum I could which was ok since this bar had center knurling but I was somewhat close to causing more bicep pain. Seems like the cause of it is the unconscious use of my arms when I fall forward as I noticed that today I didn't fall forward as much and when I did, if I thought about not using my arms then my biceps felt ok. Something to work on I guess. Still today was surprising as it's the strongest my pause squats have ever been despite the handicaps

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Pause Bench up to 110*1, pause Incline up to 90*3*1, OHP up to 60*1,70*2*1

2ct Pause 1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

190*3*3

Squat:

160*1
    170*5/6*1
    160*3/4*1

Deadlift felt really good today. 'tis a nice sign.

Also lots of squat singles to try and improve form. Didn't really feel like I made much improvement today though. Maybe I should go lighter.

And apparently inclines do affect my bicep if I go heavy enough on them

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat w/belt:

182.5*1
    192.5*3 @ 8.5
    180*2*3 @ 7
    180*3 @ 8

e1rm = 221

OHP:

60*1
    70*1
    72.5*1
    75*1
    70*2*1

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

200*1
    220*3 @ 8
    220*3 @ 9
    210*3 @ 7.5

e1rm = 257

Been working from 9-7:30 and had to finish gym quickly so wasn't really the best of conditions but it wasn't a bad session tbh. Barely ate today too

Apparently 75kg is my 1rm for OHP atm though lol

ReputationRep:
    In to watch OHP gainz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danadd9)
    In to watch OHP gainz
    eh, probably not :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.