Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Very strong DL

Any idea what your 1RM is?
    I find that the Epley formula generally works well for me at least for repetition work (1RM=W+WR/30) which would put me at 218.5kg, however I tend not to do so well at heavier weights, so I doubt that even with a taper I would hit that. 210-215 might be a reasonable estimate I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Sunday:

Deadlift:

132.5*5
    152.5*5
    172.5*8 (PB)
    Those 5x8 deads must have been real fun, huh? Hah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thiseas)
    Those 5x8 deads must have been real fun, huh? Hah.
    It was only one set, not five. But still it does require a good few minutes to feel better again!

ReputationRep:
    I'm awful at high-rep deadlifts. Even fives were a stretch for me back when I was doing 110 or something. Naff.
    Do you plan on competing in the future?
    I hate that you're heavier, taller, stronger but younger than me .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danadd9)
    I'm awful at high-rep deadlifts. Even fives were a stretch for me back when I was doing 110 or something. Naff.
    Do you plan on competing in the future?
    I hate that you're heavier, taller, stronger but younger than me .
    Possibly might compete, I don't think I'm that great of a lifter though so I don't expect any records to be broken soon :P. I mostly lift because I enjoy the process of incrementally getting better.

And lol but I have probably been lifting longer than you, although not that seriously.

As a general question to everyone reading, should I try to post some pics? I'm not amazingly lean (obv @ 97kg 6ft natty) but it feels like it would make the blog slightly more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly might compete, I don't think I'm that great of a lifter though so I don't expect any records to be broken soon :P. I mostly lift because I enjoy the process of incrementally getting better.

And lol but I have probably been lifting longer than you, although not that seriously.

As a general question to everyone reading, should I try to post some pics? I'm not amazingly lean (obv @ 97kg 6ft natty) but it feels like it would make the blog slightly more interesting.
    Yes please! Would love some pics.

Yes homo.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah get them clothes off boy...
    N-no homo.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

PC:
    75*f,2+f
    77.5*6*1

BB curls:

40*3*6

Squat:

65*3*5

GM:

50*3*5

Was a bit fatigued from yesterday and it seems like my PC doesn't want to go up so I decided to do something different.

Also, Pics!:

u mirin dat dere dreamer bulk?

EDIT: btw the white stuff on the mirror is just limescale (honest!) lol

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

PC:
    75*f,2+f
    77.5*6*1

BB curls:

40*3*6

Squat:

65*3*5

GM:

50*3*5

Was a bit fatigued from yesterday and it seems like my PC doesn't want to go up so I decided to do something different.

Also, Pics!:

u mirin dat dere dreamer bulk?

EDIT: btw the white stuff on the mirror is just limescale (honest!) lol
    Sure it's just limescale

When are you thinking of cutting?

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I get bored of trying to get stronger tbh. I've always been fat really and I don't have any intention to become shredded.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

PC:
    75*1
    77.5*1
    80*1,1,f,f,f
    75*2*1
    77.5*2*1
    80*1

PP:

70*6*3

Squat:

85*5

GM:

60*2
    62.5*2*5

Nearly took two hours to do this!

Squatted 70,75,80*5 yesterday too. Wouldn't say I feel any pain atm but my knee feels iffy so I will probably not go too heavy. If my knee just doesn't want to heal fast enough I might try a wide stance powerlifting squat or maybe box squats. Better that than nothing tbh. Got my TK bands on monday as well. Knees feel warm and stable ^_^

Found it interesting that backing off slightly in the power clean and then working back up allowed me to nail 80kg again.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Powerclean:

75*1
    77.5*2*1
    80*4*1
    82.5*1,f,f
    80*3*1

BB curls:

47.5*3*6

Press:

52.5*2*5

Wide stance squat:

80*2*3
    90*3

GM:

52.5*8

Press still feels heavy lol.

Wide stance squat allowed me to squat without knee pain to parallel (used a box for reference but didn't sit on it). Will probably continue doing these as it allows me to train. They're also a lot easier in terms of lifting weight than oly squats that's for sure, at the expense of being a little more harsh on the lower back.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

PP:

82.5*1+f

Deadlift:

142.5*3
    162.5*3
    182.5*6 (Minor PB)

WS Squat:

80*3
    90*3
    95*3
    100*3

Was pretty annoyed about Push Press. Was all rather easy until today when I just couldn't seem to get the leg drive and lockout going. Oh well, Will up volume day slightly and try again next week. Might have been that I just lacked aggressiveness as I felt a bit dazed today and could not get into the mood.

Still, managed to set a minor Deadlift PB. Maybe 195*4 next week.

Low back felt a bit fatigued yesterday and today so will give the Good Mornings a rest.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

PC:

75*1
    77.5*1
    80*2*1
    82.5*f,1,1,1
    85*1
    82.5*f,f,1

BB curls:

40*7,6,6

Was warming up thinking 'pfft I'm not sure I'll even be able to power clean 80/82.5' then I actually managed to work up to a PB of 85kg. Moral of the story here is that you should beleive in urself.

ReputationRep:
    Was warming up thinking 'pfft I'm not sure I'll even be able to power clean 80/82.5' then I actually managed to work up to a PB of 85kg. Moral of the story here is that you should beleive in urself.
    Very important message. Positive thinking and visualization are very important to pretty much everything in life. I've busted a few PR's after having some failed attempts as well.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

PC:

77.5*1
    80*1
    82.5*1
    85*3*1
    87.5*f,f
    82.5*f,f
    80*2*1
    82.5*1

PP:

71*6*3

WS Squat:

80*3
    90*3
    100*3
    105*3
    110*3

PC felt promising but I just seemed to crash after I tried 87.5kg.

PP felt a bit hard at first but sets 4-6 started feeling easy.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

PC:
    77.5*1
    80*1
    82.5*1
    85*f,f,f
    80*1,f,f
    75*2*1
    77.5*2*1

BB curls:

47.5*7,6,6

Press:

55*2*5

WS squat:

80*3
    90*3
    100*3
    110*3
    115*3

PC session was pretty awful today, technique seemed to be all over the place.

Sick workout music brahs:

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

PP:

82.5*2+f

Deadlift:

152.5*5
    172.5*3
    195*3

WS Squat:

80*3
    100*3
    110*3
    120*3

gah! nearly got the last rep of push press but it's like a brick wall is there.

Deadlift was a bit too round back for my liking, but I managed 3 reps. Took a lot out of me, so much so that I nearly didn't get my last squat rep.

ReputationRep:
    Do you seriously listen to Bellini and Liszt when you lift??

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I don't listen to anything :L

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.