Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danadd9)
    Yeah the bar's pretty low. I sorta obsessed over it when I was reading SS .
    Idk, maybe I messed them up when I started doing (well, trying) handstand pushups months ago. Even a bit of pressure hurts them now.
    Not too sure what I can do now to help rehabilitate.
    Anyways...do you think you'll be benching again soon?
    I've never had any wrist problems and don't know much about it so I'm as lost as you really.

Idk when I'll start benching again. I think I'm probably recovered by now but I just don't feel like benching atm until I get bored of push pressing. If I do I think I'll just do CGBP or floor press. Wide grip benching (I have my middle fingers on the rings) seems to beat up the pec tendons and shoulders quite a bit. I seem to be quite prone to having problems so I'd much rather play it safe considering I'm not going to be competitive anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

Session 1:

Squat:

80*3
    100*3
    120*3
    132.5*3
    145*a negative
    145*1+f

PP:

76*6*3

Session 2:

PC:

85*5*2
    85*1+f
    85*1+f

Felt tired going into squats today. I also screwed up quite badly. I raised the safety bars because I thought they were too low but in fact I raised them to a position that was too high and the bar just came off my back at the bottom position. Felt interesting. Probably screwed myself over for getting this squat until probably sunday.

Something interesting in my gym today. A seemingly mentally disabled man (srs) proceeded to load up a bar to 270kg, unrack it and take a step back and do a 0.5 inch squat rep with it and then had one of the gym staff guide him back to the rack lol. He looked shaky as ****. Was terrifying to watch. Was ****ing worse that some of the gym staff were there and stroked his ego just after he nearly gave himself a hernia lol.

Also, interesting vid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Wednesday:

Session 1:

Squat:

80*3
    100*3
    120*3
    132.5*3
    145*a negative
    145*1+f

PP:

76*6*3

Session 2:

PC:

85*5*2
    85*1+f
    85*1+f

Felt tired going into squats today. I also screwed up quite badly. I raised the safety bars because I thought they were too low but in fact I raised them to a position that was too high and the bar just came off my back at the bottom position. Felt interesting. Probably screwed myself over for getting this squat until probably sunday.

Something interesting in my gym today. A seemingly mentally disabled man (srs) proceeded to load up a bar to 270kg, unrack it and take a step back and do a 0.5 inch squat rep with it and then had one of the gym staff guide him back to the rack lol. He looked shaky as ****. Was terrifying to watch. Was ****ing worse that some of the gym staff were there and stroked his ego just after he nearly gave himself a hernia lol.

Also, interesting vid:

Haha, I've seen normal people do the same, what's their excuse

Also interesting video, I've subscribed to that guy, looks like he has some good training info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Haha, I've seen normal people do the same, what's their excuse

Also interesting video, I've subscribed to that guy, looks like he has some good training info.
    Yeah I really like him. He writes some great articles too on his website, t-nation, elitefts and jtsstrength

ReputationRep:
    Oh you're subbed to Mike T, too .
    Love his videos.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Session 1:

Squat:

80*3
    100*3
    120*3
    132.5*3
    145*1

Press:

65*2*5

Session 2:

PC:

87.5*1+f,1+f,2,1+f,1+f

Clean High Pulls:

80*2
    90*1
    95*1
    100*1

BB curls:

47.5*2*8
    45*8

Felt a bit meh again today. As I suspected my squat suffered from the kerfuffle on Wednesday along with failing a rep. If I don't get two reps on sunday I might start increasing the volume in each workout or worse comes to worst, reset to 90% and add another set ¬¬.

Press although hard is starting to feel strong. 65*2*5 is close to a PR tbh. Will probably drop back to one set though. Feels a lot more tricep dominant having started push pressing.

PC doesn't want to budge again. Decided to have some fun and do some high pulls. They're especially fun when done from hang, it feels like you have some magical power that makes the weight bounce up and down. Surprising how much more weight you can use with them too (100 didn't feel that hard) just by cutting short a power clean by 6 inches or so.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

Session 1:

PP:

85*2+f

Squat:

80*3
    100*3
    120*1
    132.5*1
    145*1

Session 2:

Deadlift:

157.5*5
    177.5*3
    197.5*1+f

Still feel meh, think I'm starting to overreach or something. For push press I'm probably going to add another set on Wednesday and add some push jerks to help with my crappy leg drive. Think I'm gonna go ahead and just reset the squat weight to 122.5*5 and add another set. I never seem to get a weight once I fail it. Will take me a couple weeks to work back to a (kind of) PR weight (lol @ me trying to PR in a squat).

First time I've failed a deadlift in ages. Couldn't even budge the second rep an inch.

Yes I do suck this much at lifting weights.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

PC:

87.5*f

High pull:

87.5*2*1

BB curl:

42.5*7,6,6

Press:

57.5*3*5

Squat:

80*2*3

At least my OHP doesn't feel that bad.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

Squat:

80*3
    100*1
    107.5*3
    117.5*3
    122.5*5
    107.5*3

PP:

76*7*3

+a few push jerks betwen 60-70kg
    +high pulls from hang between 60-80kg for 3-5 reps.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Squat:

80*3
    100*1
    112.5*3
    122.5*3
    127.5*5
    112.5*3

Press:

67.5*2*5

BB curls:

50*3*6

PC:

77.5*1
    82.5*1
    85*1
    87.5*1
    90*1+f

Despite waking up at 4am to travel half way across the country to do an interview, accumulating many miles of walking, I actually had an amazingly good workout. Squats didn't seem affected by the ton of walking. Press is basically a PR as I probably could not have done 67.5*2*5 with a 68.5*1*5 press (it didn't feel amazingly hard either). Only missed the 2nd rep of power cleans due to not getting my hands under the bar quick enough.

Interesting how great workouts sometimes come about when you think the odds are against you.

Also lol weighed 94kg at the gym today.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

PP:

85*2+f

Squat:

115*3
    122.5*3
    130*5
    115*3

Deadlift:

85*5
    105*5
    125*5

PP was painfully close to lockout. Will probably do 77.5*8*2 on wed then 86*2 on sunday and see where that takes me. If nowhere, reset ¬¬. Damn Golgi tendon reflex or whatever it's called.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Press:

60*3*5
    65*1

BB curls:

42.5*7,7,6

Hang High Pulls:

70,75,80,85,90*2

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

Squat:

80*3
    100*1
    115*3
    125*3
    132.5*5
    115*3

PP:

77.5*8*2

Hang high pulls:

Worked up to 90*2*2

+Some push jerks up to 80kg (although 80kg was **** as I had to lock it out).

ReputationRep:
    Squat:

117.5*3
    127.5*3
    135*5
    117.5*3

Press:

70*5 (PB)

PP:

65*3*2

BB curls:

50*7,6,5

Hang High Pulls

70*3*2

Actually got a press PR after like 5 months lol, was a bit ugly though. For some reason my knee is hurting again, just in a different place. Seems like clean pulls from the floor aggravate it :confused:. Can still squat without pain though.

Couldn't be ****ed to go any heavier on the high pulls today.

ReputationRep:
    Gz on the press

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

Session 1:

PP:

86*2

Squat:

100*1
    120*1
    130*1
    137.5*5 - progress????

Session 2:

Deadlift:

140*5
    160*5
    182.5*5

Well I inched forward today on the squat although the reps are a bit of a grind. Not sure if I should go back into TM or just wait until I stall again.

Didn't fail PP today which was nice. Inching towards my original goal of around 87.5*3/90*2.

Deadlift was absolute 10 RPE. Several reasons why I think this might have been:

1. I never perform as well as I can after a deload, esp after failing miserably the week before.
    2. I did a higher rep max squat today which I haven't done before
    3. I weighed myself at 93kg even though I've been sporadically eating more food lately i.e. I should quit being a ****** and eat more
    4. Might not be fully recovered as I didn't do a proper deload.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Press:

61*4*5

BB curls:

42.5*8,7,7

Hang high pulls:

95*5*1

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

Session 1:

Squat:

120*5*5

PP:

78.5*9*2

Session 2:

Hang High Pulls:

95*2*1
    97.5*3*1

+ snatch grip for gorilla traps
    60*3
    60*1
    70*2*2

Couldn't be bothered to do any push jerking. Was too knackered.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Press:

71*5 (PB)

PP:

67.5*3*2

Squat:

95*2*5

BB curls:

50*7,6,6

Hang High Pulls:

70*2
    75*2*2

boooooo, although grindy the reps were better on my press than last week and I hit another mini PR.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever tested your 1RM for the press?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.