PP:

81*9*2

BB curls:

42.5*2*6

Deadlift:

135*5

Hang High Pulls:

80*2*2

Was feeling tired by the end of this workout. Not tempted to do two sessions as I have a ton of revision to do.

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Press:

72.5*4

PP:

70*3*2

BB curls:

50*3*7

Squat:

102.5*2*5

Hang High Pulls:

90*2*1
    95*1

Been a long day, and it manifested itself on my OHP. Think I might try it again next week and if it's the same I'll switch to triples.

Probably going to stop doing power movements. Don't have the motivation or the time to properly do them. Besides I won't have access to Oly stuff soon.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

Session 1:

PP:

91*f

Squat:

147.5*5 (PB)

Session 2:

Deadlift:

135*5
    157.5*5
    180*5

Felt a bit tired today.

Think I may need to reset my pressing stuff soon. Will do 3x5 press on Monday and 5x2 push press on Wednesday to see if I can do a quick fix.

Squatting felt intense today. The reps went up easy but by the 5th rep I was shaking a bit haha.

Deadlift felt slightly easier than last week although a little slow off the floor. Should be good to hit 190*5 in a couple weeks providing that my grip holds (I'm going back home next week and the bar I have is slippery :/). Typically I start to regain my strength the third week of a reset so I think I'm on track.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Press:

63.5*3*5

BB curls:

42.5*7,7,6,6,6,6

Press felt a bit hard, will see if I recover by Friday.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday:

Squat:

130*5*5

PP:

81*5*2

BB curls:

42.5*2*6

Deadlift:

137.5*5

ReputationRep:
    Friday:

Press:

72.5*4+f

PP:

70*3*2

BB curls:

52.5*3*5

Squat:

105*2*5

meh press felt better but I still failed. Will just have to deload then. Might try PP max though.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday:

PP:

82.5*2

Deadlift:

140*5
    162.5*5

Today was awful, not only have I discovered that I'll need to quickly find a gym in order to be able to squat but everything felt reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy hard probably due to all the work I did moving stuff about yesterday.. Will hopefully find a gym tomorrow so I can do my squats. Also attempt 185*5 deadlift next week.

EDIT: oops forgot to mention that I'm back home now and my gym equipment/improvisations are knacked.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you squat at your current gym?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Why can't you squat at your current gym?
    Forgot to mention that I've moved back home yesterday and I used to just use some old equipment/improvisations (e.g. hay bails for and wooden posts) but it's really not that safe anymore.

The only gyms near me are quite a few miles away and even then they're either crap or they are sort of expensive 'health centres' filled to the brim with unnecessary equipment so that's the reason why I've been putting off going until now. Don't think my mum would want me to buy new more equipment or if I have the will to invest in it atm seeing as I'm leaving again in a couple months.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

150*5 (PB)

Press:

55*5*5

Deadlift:

145*1
    165*1
    185*3

BB curls:

42.5*7,7,6,6,6,6

Phew I got to the gym and in just enough time to set a Squat PB. Getting quite good now, don't think I can call it a weak lift anymore.

Because I felt quite good today I decided to make up for the lost deadlift volume, but my low back was still a bit tired so just left it at 185*3, dunno if I made a bad choice or not. Today's workout didn't feel that taxing.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Squat:

130*5*5

PP:

75*9*2

Deadlift:

140*5

BB curls:

42.5*6

Decided to move my days one along. Maybe should've added weight to my squat as it felt easy. Did reduced rest times instead though. A plus note is that I can now go full depth and not experience any knee pain. Knees feel great and I get a great stretch reflex out of the bottom from going low bar.

Low back felt a bit fatigued during my light deadlift set. Hope it's not a bad sign of no gainz.

I've also acquired a free 2 month membership at virgin active lol. There's only one squat rack and it's interesting what it's used for while I was there: BB rows with back nearly perpendicular to the ground, shrugs, Curls, deadlifts, and finally one guy who decided to squat in it (although with ****ty depth obviously). Felt out of place :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Saturday:

Press:

65*5

PP:

65*3*2

Squat:

105*2*5

BB curls:

52.5*5,5,5

Pressing was delightfully easy today.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

152.5*5 (PB)

PP:

85*2

Deadlift:

185*5

Squat was quite hard, had a bit of back rounding too.

PP was easy.

Deadlift was absolute max effort, will probably bomb out in a week or two ¬¬. Shame I can't seem to progress this lift.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday:

Press:

57.5*5*5

BB curls:

37.5*6*6

ReputationRep:
    Thursday:

Squat:

132.5*5*5

PP:

77.5*9*2

BB curls:

37.5*2*6

Deadlift:

140*5

ReputationRep:
    Saturday:

Press:

67.5*5

PP:

67.5*3*2

Squat:

105*2*5

BB curls:

47.5*3*5

Press felt harder than I would've liked but meh still good.

ReputationRep:
    Repping some nice numbers.

ReputationRep:
    Monday:

Squat:

155*5 (PB)

PP:

87.5*2

Deadlift:

142.5*5
    167.5*5
    190*5 (PB)

Pretty amazing session today. Was feeling pretty tired as well from playing Chess and Starcraft all day yesterday

Never had a 20kg 5RM increase to my squat before without having to reset and I still feel like I've got a few kilos left. Felt like I didn't have anymore reps when I did the third but they just kept going up; amazing stretch reflex out of the bottom.

A little trouble locking out push press but nothing too difficult.

And I finally set a deadlift PR. Not only was I dubious that I could after last weeks max effort with 185 but I actually failed a rep in the process to getting 5 reps. Had a rep where I got it 3 inches off the ground but it went out in front of me so I had to put it back down again and somehow I managed to get 2 more reps after this. Never had this happen before. Not sure if I'll attempt 192.5 next week or not or if I'll redo 190, but I know that my time is limited before I have to reset again so I might make the most of it.

So yeah I think Weightlifting Jesus is watching over me or something.

ReputationRep:
    Great pulling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Monday:

Squat:

155*5 (PB)

PP:

87.5*2

Deadlift:

142.5*5
    167.5*5
    190*5 (PB)

Pretty amazing session today. Was feeling pretty tired as well from playing Chess and Starcraft all day yesterday

Never had a 20kg 5RM increase to my squat before without having to reset and I still feel like I've got a few kilos left. Felt like I didn't have anymore reps when I did the third but they just kept going up; amazing stretch reflex out of the bottom.

A little trouble locking out push press but nothing too difficult.

And I finally set a deadlift PR. Not only was I dubious that I could after last weeks max effort with 185 but I actually failed a rep in the process to getting 5 reps. Had a rep where I got it 3 inches off the ground but it went out in front of me so I had to put it back down again and somehow I managed to get 2 more reps after this. Never had this happen before. Not sure if I'll attempt 192.5 next week or not or if I'll redo 190, but I know that my time is limited before I have to reset again so I might make the most of it.

So yeah I think Weightlifting Jesus is watching over me or something.
    Ah you play SC2 as well?! You should add me and then we can play some games! Though I just started and am not very good but I learn fast!

Nice PRs as well. Reckon you're close to a 100kg PP?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.