Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    has anyone with an interview been given a time or date yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helly)
    I'm thinking inflatable dinghy
    Possibly entire water ambulance, I think I'm sustaining permanent injuries...

*hugs* we can do this! Anyone got any better distraction ideas than trying to revise whilst stalking this page and ending up just staring at the wall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    I think i better leave right now,
    before i fall any deeper...
    I'm rooting for you man. You've GOTTA get out today or tomorrow! *huge support hug*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melzel)
    just got offered a place by Fitzwilliam for Law
    Ahhhhhhhh ffs, one more vacant place gone. Congratulations nonetheless!

On the plus side, my UMS is the same as yours. Was the offer made by phone or by email?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Worried for me? Dude, it's a university, not a war-zone. Trust me, I've heard the horror stories about the place, but a lot of good things too.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but this really isn't the best time to be creating more anxiety for me by attempting to convince me that my second choice university - and the one glimmer of hope that I've been clutching onto throughout this whole tiresome process - is essentially ****.
    I thought you have a UCL offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    I thought you have a UCL offer?
    Nope, I didn't apply. Slightly wishing I had, now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    Hi, I've been pooled by Trinity for Maths, so similar situation as you guys. I know that there have been a fair few offers/interviews given out for Maths so far (on TSR), however they have all been from Girton, Hommerton, Robinson or Newnam. Other colleges also take Maths 'Poolees', so I wouldn't give up hope at all yet, we may just have been taken by a different college that hasn't started to deal with Maths yet, or hasn't started to deal with anything yet. Remember, it's a sunday, so it's quite possible that they'll start telling us tomorrow.

Also, I haven't had a look at them all, but to Atropos, 32 Trinity Maths 'Poolees', were given offers last year. I don't know how many were pooled, but that's still high taking into account that 99 Maths Poolees overall were given offers. So being pooled by big colleges like Trinity and St.Johns will hopefully increase our chances.

Moreover, as Maths doesn't have an auto-pool system, we were pooled because our colleges were likely oversubscribed, but they think that we are up to the standard for Cambridge.

Finally, as Cambridge require STEP for Maths, colleges looking for 'Poolees' are more likely to give us offers, as a lot us sadly won't make the STEP requirement, hence they can afford to give out more offers than places available.

That should make you feel calmer. Although I admit the wait is very annoying and hard to bear. I'm struggling to to do any work for my exams, out of nervousness about this. I don't really want to go anywhere other than Cambridge! But Good Luck to you all!
    I have also been pooled by Trinity for Mathematics, and haven't heard anything since the fourth. I'm incredibly nervous right now...

I really hope they do not invite me for re-interview, though. Since I live in Sweden it would be both difficult and expensive to book travelling tickets with such short notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPJY)
    true, but it must play a damn good role. furthermore, what other areas can you name that be would the reason why lse is so highly ranked?
    Universities are often ranked for the quality of their (post grad) research rather than the quality of undergraduate teaching. There are also a lot of measurable things (like money spent per student, various ratios, etc.) that are quantitative (and used) but not really useful if you want to find out everything. The fact is that LSE has very low student satisfaction for its rating.

Also, Cambridge has a number of world-class academics who are rubbish at lecturing. Cambridge is ranked highly because of its research, not because it has the funniest lecturers.

There are people who go to LSE, Imperial, etc. and do enjoy it. But there are a worrying amount who don't - and Universities like Warwick and UCL don't seem to have that problem.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhhh ffs, one more vacant place gone. Congratulations nonetheless!

On the plus side, my UMS is the same as yours. Was the offer made by phone or by email?
    By phone (landline)

ReputationRep:
    so that's conditional? What grades do you have to get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooosy)
    Possibly entire water ambulance, I think I'm sustaining permanent injuries...

*hugs* we can do this! Anyone got any better distraction ideas than trying to revise whilst stalking this page and ending up just staring at the wall?
    I'm circling the drain! I can feel it!

Where else have you applied/had offers from?

ReputationRep:
    By phone (landline)
    Thanks for the info. Really very happy for you, just also very jealous!

They fished four people for Law last year, so there's still a bit of hope I suppose
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I didn't apply. Slightly wishing I had, now...
    Ohh, in that case, LSE is going to be way better than anything else you have I thought you had UCL, and was saying you may want to pick that instead, nvm

ReputationRep:
    In case anyone wanted to know:
    My average UMS is 88
    I was pooled by Pembroke
    I thought my interview was a disaster- I left in tears....
    well done!!
    I was pooled by pembroke- but for history... still waiting

ReputationRep:

Congratulations was it by phone or email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greensea)
    I have also been pooled by Trinity for Mathematics, and haven't heard anything since the fourth. I'm incredibly nervous right now...

I really hope they do not invite me for re-interview, though. Since I live in Sweden it would be both difficult and expensive to book travelling tickets with such short notice.
    If I'm right, they don't give interviews to international students; I think I read that somewhere in this thread. But anyway good luck, that's three of us so far! Make sure you tell me about any progress and I'll do the same for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helly)
    I'm circling the drain! I can feel it!

Where else have you applied/had offers from?
    No no no, cling on to the taps I applied to Sheffield (Offer - favourite so far!) Leeds (offer) QMUL (offer) UCL (nothing yet since the questionnaire...) and King's Cambridge... You? Where's your second choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    Ohh, in that case, LSE is going to be way better than anything else you have I thought you had UCL, and was saying you may want to pick that instead, nvm
    Haha, yeah I was very apprehensive about the LNAT so I didn't go for UCL/KCL. Cheers anyway aha

ReputationRep:
    I am ridiculously jealous of you all! I still haven't heard anything from Caius (maybe tomorrow will be the day)

ReputationRep:
    didn't even apply here, checking out what's going on from a friend. it just seems so cruel; when we were interviewed at oxford nobody had a clue what was going on, we were all blissfully ignorant. it's so transparent at cambridge. i couldn't take it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.