Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  no-new-messages.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  15.7 KB
    All day the same sentence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawn6789)
    It's such a horrible feeling because you can't actually let go when you're in a limbo. Do people reckon that the majority of us will hear tomorrow (if we get into another college) ?
    If you're gonna be re-interviewed, tomorrow will probably be the last day you'll hear just so that it's reasonable to arrange travel etc. But there are some people that won't hear until after the 2nd round of interviews as colleges will have an interest but are comparing you to the people they are re-interviewing so won't make a decision until that point

ReputationRep:
    My theory is those on 93% who just got autopooled with a bad interview (me) are at a disadvantage to those with just below 92% who were pooled due to a good interview and a very nearly as strong paper record. We'll see.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Right. So Ive been stalking this thread since Minerva's original post (thank you btw) and I've been feeling really bitter about everyone's fishing stories (lol) and literally as I was refreshing the page (on my phone) I got a phone call from a blocked number and long story short I've got an unconditional offer from Sidney Sussex for AMES. I was pooled by Newnham. And this was just at 18.22 so keep faith colleges are still working! All the best, it feels so good to be on land again though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    This is how the letter read:
    Congrats! I'm currently a Magdalene student, you'll love it here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    Well considering my obsession with Coldplay I should probably post a song as well. This one's probably apt for most of us.

Here's another rather appropriate one.

• PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dia23)
    Right. So Ive been stalking this thread since Minerva's original post (thank you btw) and I've been feeling really bitter about everyone's fishing stories (lol) and literally as I was refreshing the page (on my phone) I got a phone call from a blocked number and long story short I've got an unconditional offer from Sidney Sussex for AMES. I was pooled by Newnham. And this was just at 18.22 so keep faith colleges are still working! All the best, it feels so good to be on land again though
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    I was originally pooled by Churchill College for Computer Science and received an email just under half an hour ago from Magdalene College with an offer !! Fished at last! I don't know the conditions yet. Good luck to those still waiting, it's not over yet, anything could happen still!!

ReputationRep:
    All the people getting into Magdalene are making me sad whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy dont you love meeeeeeeeeeeeee, maryyyy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimistic_Owl)
    I was originally pooled by Churchill College for Computer Science and received an email just under half an hour ago from Magdalene College with an offer !! Fished at last! I don't know the conditions yet. Good luck to those still waiting, it's not over yet, anything could happen still!!
    :congrats: looks like I'll stay in the pool...

ReputationRep:
    Another compSci, first of all congratulations on your offer!

Secondly, mind I ask what your UMS average was?

ReputationRep:
    Well done That's 3 CompScis fished now. Will try and stay optimistic (as your username says). :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cm13d)
    Pooled by St Johns for Maths, would really like an offer from any college. I got a desktop calendar of inspiring quotes for Christmas and I never really remember to change those so I only just got round to changing it from Thursday 3rd. The quote for Friday 4th was "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat".

I thought that was surprisingly appropriate. Anyway, it at least inspired me to finally sign up to TSR after following this post for the last two days :goodluck:
    Hey, me and you are in the exact same position! Maths at Johns... What you thinking about it all?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering do you think your surname affects when you will be contacted? Ie if your right down the bottom end of the alphabet are you less likely to hear in first few days ?
    Just clutching at straws to be honest

ReputationRep:
    I get an email and I'm like 'OHMYGODCAMBRIDGE? OFFER? PRECIOUS?' then it's from Amazon and I'm like '**** YOU CAMBRIDGE DIDN'T WANT TO GO THERE ANYWAY!'.

Repeat for each email I get.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Well done

(Original post by silentlife)
    :congrats: looks like I'll stay in the pool...
    I hope you get fished out soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh.)
    If you're gonna be re-interviewed, tomorrow will probably be the last day you'll hear just so that it's reasonable to arrange travel etc. But there are some people that won't hear until after the 2nd round of interviews as colleges will have an interest but are comparing you to the people they are re-interviewing so won't make a decision until that point
    Thank you Guess I'll continue to wait.

ReputationRep:
    I can see they notify offers by college!
    4,5 colleges down now.
    God bless us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    I hope you get fished out soon
    Thank you. Wish they also scored people on sense of humour - you'll get 10 out of 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarr)
    Hope so, someone said earlier that most of their friends who got direct offers got them 3-5 days after the pool closed. So crossed fingers!

The clinging hope is horrible though, I can't get anything done and every time the phone rings I freak out..
    Ah! Hopefully! I know, me too. My heart skips a beat whenever the phone rings. Guess we'll just have to wait.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.