Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    Well I've noticed that there seems some kind of patterns that people from different subjects got fished by the same college around the same time of the day.
    Like today around now it's Magdalene college. Yesterday it's Robinson and 2, 3 others (like Newnham)
    Other colleges do fish as well but hardly anyone has heard from them except for re-interview, right?
    So there must be something.

But I'm just not sure whether each college notifies individually at whatever time/order they feel like or they have any system here with CAO...

Just my guess anyway. But I should give up already so.
    All the colleges made their decisions about who they want to make offers to and who they want to interview, it's just a matter of when/if they contact you now.

ReputationRep:
    Do they take extenuating circumstances into account seriously? Or will they think I'm too much of a risk? my UMS is about 88, my interview went quite well, as did my Law test. Is any one else in a relatively similar position as me? or am I a loner-fish?

ReputationRep:
    A relevant article about the Cambridge admissions process, including pooling in case anyone wants to read it:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...ns-really-work

ReputationRep:
    So is today basically over?

Still no noticeable wave of nat sci offers yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theminimg)
    - offer from homerton?
    Indeed - an unconditional!! Arghhh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mick.the.fish)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fellow Pembroke Natsci poolie?

Yeah I hope tomorrow brings good news. Thankfully I have school to take the issue off of my mind and have a sweet few days extra before I have to endure the pleasure of the Oxford applicants at them getting accepted.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been pooled for medicine? If so, which college has pooled you and do you have to reinterview?
    NB Please include the original college you applied to.
    Thanks

PR100
    Applied: Jesus College (Medicine)
    Pooled by Girton (interview 12th Jan)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think so.

NatSci is a huge subject though, about 120 offers are made through the pool, so it's not too surprising it's taking a while. Especially since all the colleges will be prioritising interview organising and confirming

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully tomorrow more offers will come (since it's a monday all colleges will be open etc. etc.) HOPEFULLY someone will decide to call me.... anybody (e-mail is also acceptable) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjk1995)
    Do we know whether the scores are definitely put into our pooling details?
    Yes, of course they are.

(Original post by ingénue)
    It's fine now, I received an offer from Girton today. Would it be unwise to ask my original college why I was pooled?
    Yes. Completely pointless.

(Original post by louisjevans)
    My re-interview is at 10am but the earliest train I can get into cambridge arrives at 10:07 and I've tried ringing robinson college loads but I get the answer machine all the time L
    Try them again first thing tomorrow.

Yeh! This would be really useful info
    Quite

(Original post by amg_22)
    will they provide overnight accommodation?
    Yes, if it's needed.

What if one interview was good and
    one bad?
    Average score?
    If the interviewers give very different marks for an interview, that is one of the reasons why people get called back for another shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjk1995)
    Do they take extenuating circumstances into account seriously? Or will they think I'm too much of a risk? my UMS is about 88, my interview went quite well, as did my Law test. Is any one else in a relatively similar position as me? or am I a loner-fish?
    We are eerily similar...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uniphysics)
    haha I'm exactly the same :P

Did you apply for Natural Sciences?
    I did! My ums is around 88% across my 3 sciences. I'm guessing from your username you are physical natsci? which college were you pooled from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    Fellow Pembroke Natsci poolie?

Yeah I hope tomorrow brings good news. Thankfully I have school to take the issue off of my mind and have a sweet few days extra before I have to endure the pleasure of the Oxford applicants at them getting accepted.

yup, phys or bio?
    Slightly worried I've just been auto pooled and have no chance of being fished :/

and yeh still a few more days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    We are eerily similar...
    hahah, well at least I've got some company in the pool. We can share armbands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pr100)
    Has anyone been pooled for medicine? If so, which college has pooled you and do you have to reinterview?
    NB Please include the original college you applied to.
    Thanks

PR100
    Applied: Jesus College (Medicine)
    Pooled by Girton (interview 12th Jan)
    I was pooled by Murray Edwards, originally applied to Pembroke. I have to reinterview however there was someone earlier in the thread who got pooled to robinson with a straight offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Do colleges generally make offers to people in the pool for a subject in one shot?

ReputationRep:
    Do international students hear later than locals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpeyj)
    I did! My ums is around 88% across my 3 sciences. I'm guessing from your username you are physical natsci? which college were you pooled from?
    Hey I got 88% average for UMS too! Hello fellow NatSci pooler, had any luck yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unkownname)
    can I still request my college to send the decision via mail? I'm from outside UK and I guess it will take ages for the letter to come...
    Yes, I don't see why not.

ReputationRep:
    yup, phys or bio?
    Slightly worried I've just been auto pooled and have no chance of being fished :/

and yeh still a few more days!
    Long story as to wherever I'm phys or bio. I applied for phys, Pembroke said "lolno" and changed me to bio, despite me wanting to take mostly phys modules :V

My case is the opposite as my UMS is shoddy so I can't have been autopooled... but therein lies the problem! Unlike Oxford, Cam are obsessed with a few little numbers that show you can jump through hoops in exams. Sigh. If they went off of interviews and such I think I'd be in but oh well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.