Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jqian)
    I now know 3 people who would be going into Bristol if they don't get fished for CompSci!
    I've applied to Bristol for CompSci, not a fan of the uni, did any one go there on 14th of November for a pre-offer day? Personally I prefer York and Southampton over them, not too sure really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    I just wanted to say I got an email a few hours ago telling me I got a direct offer from Magdalene college for PBS!!!!

YEAHHH!!

And thanks @grammar12 for posting on TSR that you had also, it's what made me check my emails.
    Another one yo! Congrats, finally!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•)
    Hey, me and you are in the exact same position! Maths at Johns... What you thinking about it all?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Well my UMS avg is 96% for Maths and 95% for Further Maths but I'm not at all sure about how well my interviews went, I think I didn't do very well in the one with Dr Johnston and Alex Shannon. Really just hoping for a place anywhere, waiting is the worst. How were your interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzz)
    I've applied to Bristol for CompSci, not a fan of the uni, did any one go there on 14th of November for a pre-offer day? Personally I prefer York and Southampton over them, not too sure really
    I went on the 31st October. I haven't been to York or Southampton yet so I can't judge!

(Original post by MarinaEve)
    Do you guys reckon there is a Cambridge stigma about people who go to Homerton (from other students, etc) ??
    Some people (personally I find them slightly idiotic) can be quite snobby towards certain colleges. I however absolutely love Homerton, it's such a great place! Being out of the town a bit can be such a nice experience, you can walk on the grass, it has lovely buildings, a nice library and just buckets of space. Don't worry about it, it's the university that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    The odd thing was, that my phone rang 5 minutes before the email came through but nobody was on the other line so i was really annoyed but then this came through. I literally haven't stopped smiling nor dancing around the house
    Wow, they were impatient to share the news! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SParm)
    No.
    Thanks! Really don't know what to expect from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickyr212)
    Another one yo! Congrats, finally!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!! I will see you there then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silentlife)
    Do colleges generally make offers to people in the pool for a subject in one shot?
    I'd be interested to hear the answer to this if you have one, Minerva

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Thank you!! I will see you there then!
    Three of us going! Woohoo!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jqian)
    Another compSci, first of all congratulations on your offer!

Secondly, mind I ask what your UMS average was?
    It was around 96% for the two AS and one A2 I have done. The A2 being 92% in Maths.

Good luck fellow CompSci applicant! Stay optimistic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzz)
    I went to Bristol on the 31st of October. I haven't been to York, but I think it's going to be a tough decision between Bristol and Southampton. Southampton might win on the facilities front, but Bristol probably have an overall better reputation although perhaps not for compsci.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    I'd be interested to hear the answer to this if you have one, Minerva
    Likewise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimistic_Owl)
    It was around 96% for the two AS and one A2 I have done. The A2 being 92% in Maths.

Good luck fellow CompSci applicant! Stay optimistic!
    You didn't tell me this at the interview.

How can I...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    Three of us going! Woohoo!!!
    Aha yeah!! Do you reckon it will be just us two doing PBS at Magdalene?

TSR has had a pretty good fishing rate for PBS it seems!

ReputationRep:
    confidence is increasingly thinning. So close, yet so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okey666)
    I went to Bristol on the 31st of October. I haven't been to York, but I think it's going to be a tough decision between Bristol and Southampton. Southampton might win on the facilities front, but Bristol probably have an overall better reputation although perhaps not for compsci.

(Original post by jqian)
    I went on the 31st October. I haven't been to York or Southampton yet so I can't judge!
    I also went to Bristol on 31st of October, but there were loads of people there so I probably didn't meet you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Okay see a lot of you guys at Bristol then!
    I'm losing all hopes now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Anyone got fished for Economics yet?
    Check out the OP - the daily update report will give you the answer, or

(Original post by Question Mark)
    A quick search on yhe thread will give you the answer.
    This.

(Original post by miss_kristin)
    I still haven't received anything from Churchill...Probably they will send me a letter to Bulgaria...Can they send me a letter saying I was rejected?
    Yes- email them and ask for an email copy of your decision letter.

(Original post by 06waraujol)
    Do they still ring tomorrow even though the majority of people will be at school?
    Possibly, or they may wait until later in the day, or they may send an email. I wouldn't fret about it; if there's an offer waiting for you it'll still be yours even if you can't take a call or check your email.

BTW - there've been several examples of emails stuck in spam folders - don't forget to check them!

ReputationRep:
    What's the daily OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.