Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Everyone in this thread seems to be pessimistic. It's bugging me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    I know, its pretty odd that the two of us got fished by Magdalene. I shall see you next year it seems! The only thing i don't like about Magdalene is the fact that the accommodation is very varied and you aren't guaranteed an en-suite but hey, we got into Cambridge!

some people are never satisfied. A few hours ago you were s****ing your pants and now we are worried about the en suite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrexhamfc)
    Everyone in this thread seems to be pessimistic. It's bugging me.
    What is the difference between being pessimistic or being a realist in this scenario?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpeyj)
    Oh haay!! Good to know there is someone else like me, out there in the deep, dark depths of this pool and no, no luck yet. Which college were you pooled from?
    Murray Edwards.....But it's one of the biggest fishers in Cambridge and if I've been pooled from THAT.... You went for Selwyn right? Best of luck to you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jqian)
    What is the difference between being pessimistic or being a realist in this scenario?
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    Is auto pool just for A level students? Or is there an equivalent for Scottish students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4foryouglencoco)
    Is auto pool just for A level students? Or is there an equivalent for Scottish students?
    I love your username.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cm13d)
    Well my UMS avg is 96% for Maths and 95% for Further Maths but I'm not at all sure about how well my interviews went, I think I didn't do very well in the one with Dr Johnston and Alex Shannon. Really just hoping for a place anywhere, waiting is the worst. How were your interviews?
    Exactly the same for me, thought that one was pretty patchy... My other one went pretty well though mind! (I thought anyway)... Who knows, not feeling confident about hearing tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    Yes, AAA

If your heart isn't set on Bristol I wouldn't go tbqh. They gave me an offer anyways~
    They must have liked you then! Yeah, I doubt I'll go...
    Hope you get good news from the pool soon! (if you haven't already..?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpeyj)
    Selwyn well I guess they must have seen something else in us to put us in the pool!
    hahaa yh I guess so

I sort of want to take a gap year so it gives a me a little confidence that if I was to reapply there may be a chance xD

ReputationRep:
    pooled from caius to robinson for hsps...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone thinking of reapplying next year?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many places were available for PPS last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Yeah it is. Ah, I haven't had time to really research Magdalene much except google it and thought, "aww pretty" before getting all hyperventilated again. I have looked at the 'finance matters' bit though, which was the only down side I saw. It seems very expensive to eat there.
    It may be expensive to eat there but accommodation is much cheaper than at UCL where my second choice is. It's about 60 pounds difference per week I think! But the bathrooms are a bit annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cecil_bear)
    They must have liked you then! Yeah, I doubt I'll go...
    Hope you get good news from the pool soon! (if you haven't already..?)
    lol I guess. Doesn't matter much though.

Thanks. You too. I haven't been fished yet, but those around me are. I can live whatever, as I've said before I have other dreams. The only part I'll truly be pained by is not getting to meet the awesome friends I've made on tsr who have been fished or have offers. I'll miss them. I truly will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Question Mark)
    some people are never satisfied. A few hours ago you were s****ing your pants and now we are worried about the en suite
    First world problems hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzz)
    every time someone from CompSci gets fished I feel like this

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME CAMBRIDGE, WHY??
    There's still a fair few of us swimming around, and the very slight chance that TH decide they love us after all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)

you can find all the statistics you're looking for here

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...ly/statistics/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso)
    Is anyone thinking of reapplying next year?
    Only if I get 3 A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    There were 134 offers and 104 acceptances.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.