Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEVLA12)
    Yep! Thats them- at least that reduces are chances slightly :confused:
    How many historians have been fished already...? should i give up hope?
    5 according to the last count! But last year I think half of us history fishes were fished! + no one on here has been fished from the all girl colleges (Newham etc) or Girton, so there's still a high chance we could get picked! (this is from the latest figures which is on the first thread btw)
    Btw what's your UMS average??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annehogarth)
    5 according to the last count! But last year I think half of us history fishes were fished! + no one on here has been fished from the all girl colleges (Newham etc) or Girton, so there's still a high chance we could get picked! (this is from the latest figures which is on the first thread btw)
    Wait wait wait, there has definitely been at least one person fished by Newnham, I was talking to her on here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tildamall)
    Ummmmmm. Honestly I know I won't turn it down- I'm looking around it tomorrow so unless I really hate it I'll accept, apparently it is a really nice college though...
    I suppose I do too really. Oh I hope you like it then! I have been to Newnham before and to be fair it is really nice, it's still quite old and pretty and in a good place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    Wait wait wait, there has definitely been at least one person fished by Newnham, I was talking to her on here...
    It's not on the list then, I thought there might have been but was trusting the official stats cause it's hard keeping track but you get the point, there are still a lot of colleges we haven't heard anything from!

After looking below though maybe not?? Sure it was for history?

ReputationRep:
    I'm for history, pooled by sidney sussex and still haven't heard anything- is it likely they will fish any more for history?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oggdeferrer)
    Just spoke to a lovely woman at St John's in the admissions department (who was very apologetic regarding the whole thing!) and she said that they haven't received any files back yet, and theoretically they may not know anything until the end of January. Arghhhhh this is so frustrating!

Anyone heard anything today?
    The final date for decision entry into CamSIS is Friday 25 January 2013, but Colleges are asked to enter
    decisions without delay once these have been finalised.

(Original post by JKA17)
    Correct. Izz was fished by Newnham for MML, after being pooled by Trinity Hall.

ReputationRep:
    Its like there are only historians left right now!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    Its like there are only historians left right now!!
    Dw i assure you all the nat scis have been left out too :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for history as well... I really hope there are still some places left!

ReputationRep:
    It's not on the list then, I thought there might have been but was trusting the official stats cause it's hard keeping track but you get the point, there are still a lot of colleges we haven't heard anything from!
    Gotcha indeed I've been keeping a little tally on a post-it note. There doesn't seem to be even a vague pattern with who has been contacted, other than that some colleges don't seem to have said anything to anybody.

ReputationRep:

I know that TildaMall has been fished by Newnham for history, but definitely no one from Murray Edwards. Downing don't even seem to be fishing anyone, so assuming that means they're waiting for reinterviews or already have spaces filled?
    UMS- 93%. not sure if i was auto pooled or not (hoping not)

ReputationRep:
    does the fact that I hadnt heard anything from my college mean anything? I'm dying here...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I thought they have? Perhaps not for whatever your subject is, but I've seen people fished by Newnham and Girton, more than one from each, too.

ReputationRep:
    I know that TildaMall has been fished by Newnham for history, but definitely no one from Murray Edwards. Downing don't even seem to be fishing anyone, so assuming that means they're waiting for reinterviews or already have spaces filled?
    There was also a girl called theminig or something like that who was fished by Newnham for history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawn6789)
    Kicking myself for not picking up the phone, they'll call back, right?
    Do 1471. If it was a landline and the area code was 01223 then it was Cambridge..

ReputationRep:
    Historians:
    There have been six fished. One was for an interview, the others were all direct offers, two from Homerton, two from Newnham and one from Corpus Christi. We also have had someone say that her friend was fished by St Catherine's, but that isn't included in the figures.

ReputationRep:
    The latest file does show at least 3 poolies at newnham, and more at Girton and Murray Edwards. Maybe you have the wrong .doc?

ReputationRep:
    hopefully just re-interviewing but they may have just not contacted anyone yet (they do seem very found of their letters ) but it may mean that one of us could be given a direct offer.
    My UMS is 94.5%, and it's + 93% for auto pooling but they may have still liked us! In my first interview the interviewers were asking me whether I've looked around + to go look around some more (seems very cruel now though ) What did they say to you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh.)
    Do 1471. If it was a landline and the area code was 01223 then it was Cambridge..
    We haven't subscribed to the call-back service No one ever calls our landline as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawn6789)
    We haven't subscribed to the call-back service No one ever calls our landline as well
    Check your emails if they want you then they'll get hold of you somehow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.