The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got pooled (or rather, learnt that I did) by Pembroke for Philosophy. I do the IB so no autopooling. Joining the fishy parade :3
Reply 2641
I think we are the only fish that actually want to be netted.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Just got rejected from the pool by King's for English. Life goes on :smile: Good luck to all who are still anxiously afloat!
Reply 2643
my dear fellow fishes,

hang in there and dont lose hope!
Original post by wildmoon
I suppose I do too really. Oh I hope you like it then! I have been to Newnham before and to be fair it is really nice, it's still quite old and pretty and in a good place:smile:

Thanks, I haven't looked at Murray Edwards but it's Cambridge you know, all the colleges are still better than most and you get so many advantages just going. Plus there are loads of us in the same boat, we can all bond over it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2645
Original post by Tildamall
That's me, I'm a historian and was fished by newnham, but that's from Emmanuel- which college pooled you because some have better chances?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile: unfortunately I was pooled by Magdalene, so not the greatest :/
Original post by Achilleasrn
Just got pooled (or rather, learnt that I did) by Pembroke for Philosophy. I do the IB so no autopooling. Joining the fishy parade :3

There is auto-pooling for the IB, but only post-exams. If you achieve 41/45, including 7,7,6 in 3 HL, then you get auto-pooled.

Similarly, if you're an international candidate who was interviewed abroad, getting a score of 8.5 in your interview = auto-pool.

Also, Scottish people with four SQA Highers at A1 are auto-pooled, and post-school Scottish applicants need A1A1A1 in three AH's.
Reply 2647
What are those fish called that nibble at feet?

Original post by annehogarth
It's not on the list then, I thought there might have been but was trusting the official stats cause it's hard keeping track :tongue: but you get the point, there are still a lot of colleges we haven't heard anything from!

After looking below though maybe not?? Sure it was for history?

Yes it's me! Fished by Newnham of history, pooled by Emma.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JKA17
Its like there are only historians left right now!!

Well we are the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2650
what is sidney sussex like for being pooled in comparison to other colleges? They get about 2 people fished each year for history- is this good in comparison?
Reply 2651
Well we are the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are mathmos on your list? :tongue:

Yes it's me! Fished by Newnham of history, pooled by Emma.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratz! Very jealous but glad some of us made it! :biggrin: Hopefully there will be a couple more of us getting picked out soon.
Also to all the King's people so sorry :frown: just remember that you'll be amazing where ever you end up!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2653
There is only one person fished from trinity college is this because they haven't started fishing those or is it because nobody likes fishes from trinity :biggrin: ?
Original post by The Polymath
There is auto-pooling for the IB, but only post-exams. If you achieve 41/45, including 7,7,6 in 3 HL, then you get auto-pooled.

Similarly, if you're an international candidate who was interviewed abroad, getting a score of 8.5 in your interview = auto-pool.

Also, Scottish people with four SQA Highers at A1 are auto-pooled, and post-school Scottish applicants need A1A1A1 in three AH's.

Yep, I'm aware of that - neither is true for me though. Haven't finished the IB yet. I've been following this thread for a while and I guess its time for me to feel its horrors from the inside.
Reply 2655
Original post by nomnum
Just been officially rejected by King's for ChemEng via NatSci!
Kinda disappointed but glad to be free of this limbo finally!

Best of luck to everyone :smile:

I genuinely dont want to hear anything from my preference college in the future...
Reply 2656
Original post by Atropos
There is only one person fished from trinity college is this because they haven't started fishing those or is it because nobody likes fishes from trinity :biggrin: ?

You know what they say about Trinity fish...

Reply 2657
Original post by Zhy
You know what they say about Trinity fish...

dunno, all i know is that I am a fat fish HAVE ME!!!
At this point, I've kind of resigned myself to being rejected, but I still don't want to leave the house in case they ring the landline! Oh dear!
Original post by Atropos

There's a guy who got fished from Trinity for Maths on the 20th of Jan. Let's not lose hope unless Trinity contact us, which I think will be thursday (if they do have to contact us; I really hope not!)

Latest

Trending

Trending