Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mick.the.fish)
    Can I ask your ums?
    How was interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hmm depends on whether they count the whole maths A-level i have done or not. If they dont and just go on my further maths, physics and chem then it's 92% but if they do count maths then it's 94%. I'm only unsure as they may not look at just the AS grades when they have A2 as well?

I thought my interview was good, relatively straight forward, only question i had major difficulty with was the last one but even that wasn't horrible. I just had one 40 min interview

how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belisarius)
    hmm depends on whether they count the whole maths A-level i have done or not. If they dont and just go on my further maths, physics and chem then it's 92% but if they do count maths then it's 94%. I'm only unsure as they may not look at just the AS grades when they have A2 as well?

I thought my interview was good, relatively straight forward, only question i had major difficulty with was the last one but even that wasn't horrible. I just had one 40 min interview

how about you?
    They probably would count the maths but I'm just guessing :P

My average is 98% but had one dreadful interview, the other interview was pretty good though.
    Both were about 30 mins

Good luck with this all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    Congratulations fellow historian

I officially, give up.
    Don't, I had and it came when I refused to check my emails or carry my phone round with me! think of all the colleges that haven't fished yet, and even if some have it seems to be a bit at random.
    I know these words won't help but I hope you haven't given up just yet. Or you could give up and then it will be a nice surprise (personally what I tend to do)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badatgow)
    watching scrubs to pass the time, came across this song. Might interest you lot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY2lSSmKBNk
    oh god that whole ben storyline was sooo sad. That episode when you realise that Ben has died and Dr Cox was imagining him was just...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenacharlotte)
    Congratulations!!

I'm so jealous, think I might just give up hope now
    Thank you! We have the same name, so you must get fished now!

ReputationRep:
    They probably would count the maths but I'm just guessing :P

My average is 98% but had one dreadful interview, the other interview was pretty good though.
    Both were about 30 mins

Good luck with this all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks, you too!
    I know i shouldnt overthink wording my my pooling letter said that they judged my application to be a strong one and i've been so hung up on whether thats the standard BS or whether they really meant it haha

ReputationRep:
    oh god that whole ben storyline was sooo sad. That episode when you realise that Ben has died and Dr Cox was imagining him was just...
    still super sad after watching for the nth time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisgame)
    It's really annoying for me because on Saturday I lost my phone, and with it the number I put on the application, and I don't really know what to do, at the moment I'm sitting waiting for an email, but what if they try to contact me through phone and cant'?

(Physnatsci Queens)
    Have no fear, the WILL contact you, whether by e-mail or (if you really are the technologically isolated :P) they should contact the school or send a letter through the post.....don't worry, once they like you and fished you out, they want to keep you to say what you're made of

ReputationRep:
    thanks, you too!
    I know i shouldnt overthink wording my my pooling letter said that they judged my application to be a strong one and i've been so hung up on whether thats the standard BS or whether they really meant it haha
    Yes exactly the same :/ different wording but dyou think each college just sends the same letter to everyone?

They most likely do right? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes exactly the same :/ different wording but dyou think each college just sends the same letter to everyone?

They most likely do right? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    apparently some people got letters that said something like you have been unsuccessful in applying this college however you have been placed in the pool.

ReputationRep:
    apparently some people got letters that said something like you have been unsuccessful in applying this college however you have been placed in the pool.
    Well I guess that's a bit of hope we can scavenge for :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    gently hums to himself " one pound fish.....fish going cheap "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisgame)
    It's really annoying for me because on Saturday I lost my phone, and with it the number I put on the application, and I don't really know what to do, at the moment I'm sitting waiting for an email, but what if they try to contact me through phone and cant'?

(Physnatsci Queens)
    Don't worry, they couldn't reach me by phone so they emailed and sent a letter. They'll also make an update on your UCAS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brighter_Star)
    You're a mature student if you'll be 21 by October 2013, but when I visited the mature colleges everyone was a lot older than that I was actually planning on applying to one, but the open days were such a let down - I really felt like the odd one out!

Mature students like us can't be fished by standard-age colleges; our files are marked and put on a separate table only mature colleges can fish from. Good luck to you anyway - if we get fished it would still be Cambridge, of course, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with these concerns!
    I will be turning into 21 just before October 2013 ! I am guessing it is same for you then

And are you 100% sure that we can only be fished by mature colleges !?!?!?
    I never knew that !
    I love the way we could talk about this as we are in a similar situation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know if it's the end for today? Or if they continue fishing until tonight? Starting to lose hope here...

ReputationRep:
    I definitely shouldn't have looked at the past admissions statistics. Only 3 Caius English applicants have been made pool offers in the last 5 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarakrz)
    Do you guys know if it's the end for today? Or if they continue fishing until tonight? Starting to lose hope here...
    It's a hell of a lot quieter today that the weekend, but I guess many people have started college/school today. I'd say there's still a few more hours left.

ReputationRep:
    My winter pool letter along with many others says,

If another college would like to interview you, then you will be telephoned between 5 and 10 January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarakrz)
    I'd say there are still a couple of hours more of fishing to go yet.

ReputationRep:
    I apologise if someone has already asked, I only briefly checked the past few pages, but have any engineers actually heard anything *other than offers from their original college*?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.