Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jambodini)
    Will a Cambridge college ever call you using a private/with-held number? I missed an unexpected call on my mobile earlier.

Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedicake)
    Awesome - I'm holding an offer for Girton CompSci too and they only usually take two! Maybe we'll end up being best friends
    I think I'm talking about you if your initials are BJ

ReputationRep:
    ive given up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    I'm guessing you've not heard anything yet?
    No I have not Have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anamzaman)
    hahaha what's "begged repped" . I will let you know as soon as I know something
    Sorry, i was on my phone hahaha autocorrect took over. I mean neg repped :P I pressed the thumbs down button as opposed to the thumbs up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Drowned in the pool.

Good luck to the rest of you waiting
    What do you mean, drowned? Rejected?

ReputationRep:
    I've ended up sending myself an e-mail to see how it's like...

ReputationRep:
    Drowned in the pool for maths, 97% UMS over best 3 so it's not just UMS they look for.

Initially at King's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jqian)
    My friend just got fished by Magdalene for CompSci, his UMS average was 91.5%. So this means that Cambridge don't just look for high UMS, gives me a bit more hope and bit less hope because that's one less space.
    Is your friend at the same school as you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveyoupool)
    Hello all,

I've been following this thread (lurking in the shadows) since it started and at 4.00 today got a call from pembroke college for an offer. Thought i should update in case it helps anyone, seeing as ive been living off your information for the last two days.

Subject : chem eng via nat sci, ums: 95%, college i applied to was clare.

Best of luck to you all, don't lose hope .
    :mad:
    I was pooled from Pembroke for chemeng via natsci

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzz)
    ive given up
    Fellow CompSci poolee, if you've not read my earlier post about my friend getting fished for CompSci with 91.5 UMS average then you shouldn't give up! Of course I'm in the same boat as you, as frustrating as it is waiting and seeing people get fished for CompSci, there's always some hope, you don't know for sure if you've been rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethanyJane)
    No I have not You neither?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, absolutely nada. And to make matters worse, I've just heard some more crappy news:

Today was a training day at my school, but apparently in the staff briefing the Head read out the list of people who had got Cambridge offers...and wrongly included me on the list so when I go into school tomorrow I'm gonna be getting congratulated by teachers on an offer I do not possess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lux-Aeterna)
    I think I'm talking about you if your initials are BJ
    They are , how'd you know! Haha, this is weird if I know you irl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silentlife)
    Is your friend at the same school as you?
    Indeed he is, he told me over facebook today.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faithopejoy)
    What do you mean, drowned? Rejected?
    Yes, I was rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, absolutely nada. And to make matters worse, I've just heard some more crappy news:

Today was a training day at my school, but apparently in the staff briefing the Head read out the list of people who had got Cambridge offers...and wrongly included me on the list so when I go into school tomorrow I'm gonna be getting congratulated by teachers on an offer I do not possess.
    Ohh no! Well you never know! Otherwise just smile and wave! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedicake)
    They are , how'd you know! Haha, this is weird if I know you irl.
    Well we go to the same school and we're both cambridge poolees so that means you qualify as a friend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Yes, I was rejected.
    It's okay man you have four other choices waiting for you. It's Cambridge's loss anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Lost hope... Can't wait to go to Durham! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

you may still get one... there's still a couple of potential hours left! if not that sucks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.