Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanmayee)
    I apologise if someone has already asked, I only briefly checked the past few pages, but have any engineers actually heard anything *other than offers from their original college*?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    As far as i know, noone on here has heard yet but i do have one friend who has a second interview interview, im just hoping engineering offers are being given out last for whatever reason, a small one i know

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.
    I got pooled by Trinity College for Maths with Physics and am still waiting for reply.
    I got 2A* for A-level Maths and Further Maths before I applied with average UMS 100% and 96%, following with AS Physics and Chemistry 96%, with pg 7A*.
    Does "with physics" affect the chance of being fished? And if I have not received anything yet, does it mean I am done?
    If there are anymore Trinity poolies please reveal yourself so we can share our blue here;D
    The process is so torturing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzz)
    But most of the colleges that were going to fish already did so...
    Still, until the 14th we will never know!

To be honest, I admit that I think it's unlikely I'll be getting an offer soon but so does everyone when they are in the pool. I guess just keep hope and if you really really want to get into Cambridge that badly, then re-apply next year. I made myself a promise if I get at least 3 A*'s this year, I may take a gap year and re-apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Although I'm trying to work out where she'd get the list of successful applicants from, as we've not been in school and UCAS doesn't update... :holmes:

Anyway, I really hope you hear soon! Make sure you let us all know when you get fished
    I don't think I will! But thank you good luck to you too! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Long story short, you sit around waiting for a phonecall or email saying that you've been given an offer ('fished from the pool' as many say), asked for another interview, or not given a place.

The OP is extremely helpful so I recommend reading it a few times.
    Thank you! But since I'm an international applicant from Malaysia, that means I don't have a second round of interviews right? So all I can do now is wait and pray fervently that I get fished out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Was literally just about to write a message to you - really sorry to hear of your rejection, but at least King's told you early on instead of prolonging the trauma. Where's your second choice? You're gonna do unbelievably well no matter where you go, it's Cambridge's loss!
    Either Durham or UCL. I haven't decided yet. But thanks for the kind words, they're greatly appreciated I'm happy they got to me quickly but it's still negative news. I was thinking about it for quite sometime during school (because I checked my email around 11 and there it was) so it's still lingering on my mind.

That's the way the cookie crumbles

ReputationRep:
    It's weird how this pool makes me feel, in the morning full of hopes by evening depressed ^^ ohh Cambridge WHY U NO LIKE ME!!!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much lost all hope. Looked at the statistics and only 1 person in the past 5 years has been fished for classics having applied to newnham. I have no durham to turn to either ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jqian)
    Still, until the 14th we will never know!

To be honest, I admit that I think it's unlikely I'll be getting an offer soon but so does everyone when they are in the pool. I guess just keep hope and if you really really want to get into Cambridge that badly, then re-apply next year. I made myself a promise if I get at least 3 A*'s this year, I may take a gap year and re-apply.
    hah I've posted few days ago that I will reapply if I get 3A*'s, it's a shame that I didnt apply for a gap year from IBM now

ReputationRep:
    I know we never talked, but I've been lurking in the Cambridge threads for quite a while and just want to let you know how sorry I am I really thought you'd get in - there's no justice left in this world (or, well, this pool).

ReputationRep:
    X
    So sorry to hear about your rejection chicken :<

(did they ring you up? I'll glady join you at Durham at this rate though)

Have a missed much myself? Any big Natsci fishings?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlieao)
    Pretty much lost all hope. Looked at the statistics and only 1 person in the past 5 years has been fished for classics having applied to newnham. I have no durham to turn to either ;(
    Dont worry, if it has happened before, it can certainly happen again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nawid.daoud)
    Nope, still waiting. Pooled from Tit Hall. I don't think any Engineers on here have heard back yet.
    I've been pooled for engineering at caius and haven't heard from anyone yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul C.)
    I received an offer to read Architecture earlier today... ...I was really nervous over the weekend ... having no idea of how it is going to be it's really stressful. Congratulations to all the other applicants and for those still in pool KEEP UP HOPES !!!
    Who fished you, if I may ask? Congrats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bealey101)
    As far as i know, noone on here has heard yet but i do have one friend who has a second interview interview, im just hoping engineering offers are being given out last for whatever reason, a small one i know
    You applied to queens as well didn't you? Is it just me or does your letter say you can hear from them about another interview between 5th and 10th? (whereas everyone on here is saying between 5th and 7th)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Either Durham or UCL. I haven't decided yet. But thanks for the kind words, they're greatly appreciated I'm happy they got to me quickly but it's still negative news. I was thinking about it for quite sometime during school (because I checked my email around 11 and there it was) so it's still lingering on my mind.

That's the way the cookie crumbles
    Pick UCL, I'm gonna need some friends in Laaaaaaaandaaaaaaan! Yeah, it's natural that when you want something so much it'll hurt to have it taken away from you, but try to find comfort in knowing you were good enough but the numbers just didn't work in your favour. Not to mention the fact that Cambridge is not flawless, and you've ducked a massive workload and potentially poor social life by not getting in. Every cloud and all that

ReputationRep:
    I have decided that the purpose of Cambridge pooling is to lower disappointment levels over rejection, as candidates are left begging for a rejection letter to end their misery.

ReputationRep:
    Anymore Trinity Mathsmo left here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathinpool)
    Hello everyone.
    I got pooled by Trinity College for Maths with Physics and am still waiting for reply.
    I got 2A* for A-level Maths and Further Maths before I applied with average UMS 100% and 96%, following with AS Physics and Chemistry 96%, with pg 7A*.
    Does "with physics" affect the chance of being fished? And if I have not received anything yet, does it mean I am done?
    If there are anymore Trinity poolies please reveal yourself so we can share our blue here;D
    The process is so torturing.
    I got pooled by Trinity too, but for straight Maths. There were two Trinity Maths Applicants who posted here, about their offer from Churchill. Unfortunately, I can't really predict what's going to happen, or I wouldn't feel in Limbo myself. However, only 6 colleges have so far contacted Maths applicants who have been pooled (of those posted on TSR anyway). So there's still hope. If not, judging by last year, Trinity will inform us on thursday and put us out of our misery.

ReputationRep:
    REJECTED :'( well, Im not too upset, but I received the e-mail from Kings this morning at 09:06 for Architecture

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.