Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandraSophia)
    Thank you! But since I'm an international applicant from Malaysia, that means I don't have a second round of interviews right? So all I can do now is wait and pray fervently that I get fished out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You may be re called for interview (I think) but the chances are, you won't be because you're an international applicant (and understandably so).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Reece)
    REJECTED :'( well, Im not too upset, but I received the e-mail from Kings this morning at 09:06 for Architecture
    Boo! At least it's closure I guess..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanmayee)
    You applied to queens as well didn't you? Is it just me or does your letter say you can hear from them about another interview between 5th and 10th? (whereas everyone on here is saying between 5th and 7th)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    My letter from Queens' said that too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Just been given a call from Sidney Sussex for a medicine reinterview.

I suppose I should be happy for being given another chance, but I'm not sure how much more of this **** I can take. I've got 5 exams coming up all in quick succession, with perhaps a 'life-changing' interview (seeing as I've received no offers as of yet) sandwiched between the exams. Not to mention that this pooling has messed up with my revision.

Not sure what to think.
    Congratulations, I've been stalking this page for a while looking out for fellow medical poolees. I hope you don't mind me asking what your stats were, in terms of BMAT scores and UMS %ages?
    And yes this is my first message on the forum, I finally gave into temptation and joined to ask you this question! Apologies for sounding like a desperate wannabe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarr)
    Boo! At least it's closure I guess..
    Yeah, I cant forget about rubbishy Cambridge and go for gold at Nottingham!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    I got pooled by Trinity too, but for straight Maths. There were two Trinity Maths Applicants who posted here, about their offer from Churchill. Unfortunately, I can't really predict what's going to happen, or I wouldn't feel in Limbo myself. However, only 6 colleges have so far contacted Maths applicants who have been pooled (of those posted on TSR anyway). So there's still hope. If not, judging by last year, Trinity will inform us on thursday and put us out of our misery.
    I have been following the thread since I got my letter on Thursday.
    I am starting to think that Trinity pooled way too many maths applicants..
    How do you see you chance being fished?
    The problem is most of the colleges who usually fished for Maths poolies have started (and probably ended as well). Starting to get really nerve-wrecking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    You may be re called for interview (I think) but the chances are, you won't be because you're an international applicant (and understandably so).
    Yeah, it's just far too much hassle to interview international applicants again. Totally understandable. Thanks again for clarifying things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawn6789)
    My letter from Queens' said that too!
    As did my Caius letter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    INTERVIEW AT MAGDELENE!!!!! (pooled for BioNatSci at clare). I'm so happy, but so nervous, and it's on the day of the biology exam so I'm just praying they can change it, and ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :eek:
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brighter_Star)
    I know we never talked, but I've been lurking in the Cambridge threads for quite a while and just want to let you know how sorry I am I really thought you'd get in - there's no justice left in this world (or, well, this pool).
    Many thanks It'll be alright, it's just disappointing as one would imagine. I'll just write my own theory of justice and rub it in their faces

(Original post by Silverland)
    So sorry to hear about your rejection chicken :<

(did they ring you up? I'll glady join you at Durham at this rate though)

Have a missed much myself? Any big Natsci fishings?
    I was emailed best of luck though

(Original post by Kidioteque)
    Pick UCL, I'm gonna need some friends in Laaaaaaaandaaaaaaan! Yeah, it's natural that when you want something so much it'll hurt to have it taken away from you, but try to find comfort in knowing you were good enough but the numbers just didn't work in your favour. Not to mention the fact that Cambridge is not flawless, and you've ducked a massive workload and potentially poor social life by not getting in. Every cloud and all that
    Very true I'll see what happens... I've been leaning more towards UCL recently because of the course but keep on thinking no because of London :lol:

(Original post by Matthew_Reece)
    REJECTED :'( well, Im not too upset, but I received the e-mail from Kings this morning at 09:06 for Architecture
    Bro, build a design a chapel that's bigger and better than King's' chapel and build it right next to theirs then get an even better and louder choir to out sing them.

That'll show 'em :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellatrixb)
    INTERVIEW AT MAGDELENE!!!!! (pooled for BioNatSci at clare). I'm so happy, but so nervous, and it's on the day of the biology exam so I'm just praying they can change it, and ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :eek:
    What time did you hear sorry?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! When did you hear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathinpool)
    I have been following the thread since I got my letter on Thursday.
    I am starting to think that Trinity pooled way too many maths applicants..
    How do you see you chance being fished?
    The problem is most of the colleges who usually fished for Maths poolies have started (and probably ended as well). Starting to get really nerve-wrecking.
    32 of the 99 student who received Maths offers via the Winter Pool last year, were from Trinity and I'm not really sure of my chances, but I really hope that some college (any college!) fishes me out soon. Even if they ask for S,S in STEP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unbridled)
    Congrats! When did you hear?
    By email, around 10 minutes ago

ReputationRep:
    By email, around 10 minutes ago
    Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll get in

ReputationRep:
    i now have an interview at Peterhouse for economics as well as Selywn. what does this mean? if its because i am a 'good' applicant wouldn't they just give me an offer? or is it that they are interviewing 4/5 for a place?

ReputationRep:
    Got pooled by Emma, and at 4.20pm on Saturday I had an e-mail with a direct offer from Selwyn, very happy! (For Human, Social and Political Sciences)

Best of luck to everyone xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    32 of the 99 student who received Maths offers via the Winter Pool last year, were from Trinity and I'm not really sure of my chances, but I really hope that some college (any college!) fishes me out soon. Even if they ask for S,S in STEP.
    I know that as well. But apparently Churchill gives 13 maths offers to poolies last year, and I supposed it contacted all of them at about 12:30 today. If that applies all the other 6 as well, not much places left...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    x
    It's a shame you perhaps didn't get in, because you'd have been amazing at Footlights!

Ditto the bit about writing your own theory of justice. We should all play to our strengths and prove Cam wrong :lol:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amg_22)
    i know have an interview at Peterhouse for economics as well as Selywn. what does this mean? if its because i am a 'good' applicant wouldn't they just give me an offer? or is it that they are interviewing 4/5 for a place?
    I got offered an interview too. It just means there is a reason for them wanting to see more of you before giving an offer. The fact that two colleges made your interview offers is a good sign - they'll be fighting over you if they want to give you a place each (although I don't that's fair - you should be able to choose which one you go to)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.