Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    How you hanging in there?
    Just about staying afloat This whole pool business is just painful .... you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lighterthanAyer)
    Just about staying afloat This whole pool business is just painful .... you? :rolleyes:
    Losing my ability to tread water...let's hope tomorrow brings better news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mick.the.fish)
    exactly the same, we were pretty unlucky this year :/

207 for 20-30 places D:
    Likewise. That stat absolutely killed me when I saw it. #shouldhaveappliedtochurchill
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soempty)
    Is it appropriate to contact my originall college to try to find out something about my application status? Has anyone done that?
    No, not at all. I asked the same question, don't do it.

Unless you mean that you haven't heard at all yet (not even whether you were pooled/rejected/offered a place), in which case it should be fine and you should contact them imo.

ReputationRep:
    So I got pooled by Pembroke for Bio NatSci, and Today I got emailed for interviews at St. Johns. Since when does that happen? Absolutly terrified now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamagoodegg)
    Yep here and completely drained. I just want news I (almost) don't care what the outcome is , but this feels like an awfully sadistic torture. Where were you pooled from
    I got pooled from Christ's, you? Tell me about it, I've refreshed my email every 30 seconds since I got the letter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrexhamfc)
    Likewise. That stat absolutely killed me when I saw it. #shouldhaveappliedtochurchill
    Yup :/

Do u reckon you were auto pooled or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 777edr777)
    Got pooled by Downing for Geography, omg this wait is horrible...
    I'm a geographer as well!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This so much. Churchill had roughly the same no. of applicants but twice as many places. Gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordOfFuzz)
    So I got pooled by Pembroke for Bio NatSci, and Today I got emailed for interviews at St. Johns. Since when does that happen? Absolutly terrified now!
    Lucky.. I got nothing, what was your UMS like?

ReputationRep:
    Super Jealous of you sir!
    Make sure you ace that interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lux-Aeterna)
    Lucky.. I got nothing, what was your UMS like?
    Um like 93% i think, depends whether your including a full A2 in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    We're still swimming around silver - This isn't going well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    I intend to, would be terrible to waste such an oppotunity :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mick.the.fish)
    Yup :/

Do u reckon you were auto pooled or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I most probably was autopooled. My UMS was good but I bombed the interviews.

I must say, gentlemen, I do miss the applicants' threads from before decision day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lux-Aeterna)
    We're still swimming around silver - This isn't going well..
    True, but we can't just give up. We're made of tougher stuff than this

My view:

Go to Cam => win
    Go to Durham => Study an actual chem course, live in a castle, get a 1st, win University challenge => win

So I can hardly complain?

Don't give up though!

ReputationRep:
    when you start to dream of being rejected/fished you know it's time to occupy yourself with something slightly more productive than refreshing your email as though you have a nervous twitch

ReputationRep:
    So are we going to get called for re-interview or was this the last day? The Winter Pool PDF says it was, but my Queens' letter says otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    what time was your e-mail fwiw?

If it came today then that gives me hope. If interview requests are being given this late, then surely offers come next?

ReputationRep:
    I most probably was autopooled. My UMS was good but I bombed the interviews.

I must say, gentlemen, I do miss the applicants' threads from before decision day
    Yh same :/
    Dyou think us auto poolees stand a chance??
    Our percentages must be really important for phys nat sci (wishful thinking probably)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.