Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    How you hanging in there?
    Just about staying afloat This whole pool business is just painful .... you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lighterthanAyer)
    Just about staying afloat This whole pool business is just painful .... you? :rolleyes:
    Losing my ability to tread water...let's hope tomorrow brings better news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mick.the.fish)
    exactly the same, we were pretty unlucky this year :/

207 for 20-30 places D:
    Likewise. That stat absolutely killed me when I saw it. #shouldhaveappliedtochurchill
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by soempty)
    Is it appropriate to contact my originall college to try to find out something about my application status? Has anyone done that?
    No, not at all. I asked the same question, don't do it.

Unless you mean that you haven't heard at all yet (not even whether you were pooled/rejected/offered a place), in which case it should be fine and you should contact them imo.

ReputationRep:
    So I got pooled by Pembroke for Bio NatSci, and Today I got emailed for interviews at St. Johns. Since when does that happen? Absolutly terrified now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamagoodegg)
    Yep here and completely drained. I just want news I (almost) don't care what the outcome is , but this feels like an awfully sadistic torture. Where were you pooled from
    I got pooled from Christ's, you? Tell me about it, I've refreshed my email every 30 seconds since I got the letter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrexhamfc)
    Likewise. That stat absolutely killed me when I saw it. #shouldhaveappliedtochurchill
    Yup :/

Do u reckon you were auto pooled or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 777edr777)
    Got pooled by Downing for Geography, omg this wait is horrible...
    I'm a geographer as well!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This so much. Churchill had roughly the same no. of applicants but twice as many places. Gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordOfFuzz)
    So I got pooled by Pembroke for Bio NatSci, and Today I got emailed for interviews at St. Johns. Since when does that happen? Absolutly terrified now!
    Lucky.. I got nothing, what was your UMS like?

ReputationRep:
    Super Jealous of you sir!
    Make sure you ace that interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lux-Aeterna)
    Lucky.. I got nothing, what was your UMS like?
    Um like 93% i think, depends whether your including a full A2 in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    We're still swimming around silver - This isn't going well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    I intend to, would be terrible to waste such an oppotunity :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mick.the.fish)
    Yup :/

Do u reckon you were auto pooled or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I most probably was autopooled. My UMS was good but I bombed the interviews.

I must say, gentlemen, I do miss the applicants' threads from before decision day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lux-Aeterna)
    We're still swimming around silver - This isn't going well..
    True, but we can't just give up. We're made of tougher stuff than this

My view:

Go to Cam => win
    Go to Durham => Study an actual chem course, live in a castle, get a 1st, win University challenge => win

So I can hardly complain?

Don't give up though!

ReputationRep:
    when you start to dream of being rejected/fished you know it's time to occupy yourself with something slightly more productive than refreshing your email as though you have a nervous twitch

ReputationRep:
    So are we going to get called for re-interview or was this the last day? The Winter Pool PDF says it was, but my Queens' letter says otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    what time was your e-mail fwiw?

If it came today then that gives me hope. If interview requests are being given this late, then surely offers come next?

ReputationRep:
    I most probably was autopooled. My UMS was good but I bombed the interviews.

I must say, gentlemen, I do miss the applicants' threads from before decision day
    Yh same :/
    Dyou think us auto poolees stand a chance??
    Our percentages must be really important for phys nat sci (wishful thinking probably)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.