The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3400
Original post by Zhy
Maths at Queens.

Curious... your name is Clara, right? (nice name, I might add) What does the krz part mean?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yes I'm Clara, thank you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3401
Original post by HannahO.o
It's okay I was just playing the easily offended female card :biggrin: I have to say I'd prefer the pool if it wasn't currently driving me insane, on the other hand I get to chill with you guys. I have a feeling this pool will rapidly increase in volume if I don't hear something soon though, my tears could fill a freaking ocean :titan: Yourself?

Aww don't cry hun, your waiting will be over soon. Try to immerse yourself in something to take your mind off the nerves. Talking to people is a good start. :smile:

I'm doing okay. Panicked a little at a phonecall but it's no big deal. What're your plans for today?

Reply 3402
Original post by clarakrz
Yes I'm Clara, thank you. :smile:
First three letters of my last name

Do you mean your surname itself begins with Krz----, or are those the initials of your other names? You've piqued my interest now :tongue:

Reply 3403
Original post by clarakrz
Does that mean direct offers only? Or were the offers following the interviews from last year part of the 28.97%? Thanks so much though this is reassuring :colondollar:

Post interview offers were included in the 28.97% from last year however only 25% of last years offers came from people who were interviewed which would suggest that this year might see approximately 85 offers on total (66 direct offers so far) if they were to stop rolling in now, compared with 102 last year. This year however has seen fewer TSR applicants reporting being pooled than last year, with 290 this year and 352 last year.
I am sure that more direct offers will be made; as the winter pool guide stated, most direct offers will be made between the 5th and the 14th meaning we still have time :smile:

It should also perhaps be noted that only 29 people have reported being called for interviews so far whereas last year 58 people were called for interview in total, of which 26 were successful.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Zhy
Aww don't cry hun, your waiting will be over soon. Try to immerse yourself in something to take your mind off the nerves. Talking to people is a good start. :smile:

I'm doing okay. Panicked a little at a phonecall but it's no big deal. What're your plans for today?

Well school was my initial plan for the day and then I felt like crap so am currently sleeping fitfully, reading and straining my heart every time the phone rings. I'm not crying...yet.
Pingu understands how I feel :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1qfgZ0j2s4
I just got a call from an unknown number...

... it was my Dad, prank-calling me to get my hopes up that I'd been fished.

I am so done right now.
Even the silence is starting to sound loud. I guess they will send the majority out after school but patience was never one of my virtues. I still have hope for us though! What's your name sorry? I feel at a disadvantage because I can't address you properly haha :smile:

Aaaah, same! I've essentially wasted all my time since Friday waiting for a phone call / email from a college.

Plus, my Dad just called me on my mobile to get my hopes up that I had an offer and then bring them tearing down xD

I really hope we both get fished - there's still time!

Oh, and my name's Aithne :smile:
Reply 3407
Well school was my initial plan for the day and then I felt like crap so am currently sleeping fitfully, reading and straining my heart every time the phone rings. I'm not crying...yet.
Pingu understands how I feel :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1qfgZ0j2s4

Check your inbox, sent you something :smile:

Original post by spacemenrule94
Aaaah, same! I've essentially wasted all my time since Friday waiting for a phone call / email from a college.

Plus, my Dad just called me on my mobile to get my hopes up that I had an offer and then bring them tearing down xD

I really hope we both get fished - there's still time!

Oh, and my name's Aithne :smile:

Now my name just sounds horribly boring, Aithne :P There is indeed still time so I should really be revising for my exam on Friday. Ahaha, that's mean! My Mum emailed me an article earlier and obvioulsy I jumped up hands shaking to check it. The cruelty ¬_¬
Have all med offers have been made..? Is it time to give up hope?
Now my name just sounds horribly boring, Aithne :P There is indeed still time so I should really be revising for my exam on Friday. Ahaha, that's mean! My Mum emailed me an article earlier and obvioulsy I jumped up hands shaking to check it. The cruelty ¬_¬

Well, it's a really difficult name to pronounce, if it's any consolation :biggrin:

Ah, get revising :smile: Although I can't really talk, since I'm not being hugely productive, either...

I know! His sense of humour is brilliant but I'm too stressed to appreciate it right now :frown:
Reply 3411
Original post by Cloud Dancer
Have all med offers have been made..? Is it time to give up hope?

probably yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
WHERE ARE THE PHYS NAT SCI OFFERS D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3413
Hi Everyone,

Am new to this thread and I know late in the day. Am the mother of super stressed linguistics applicant and trying to instil calm but without much success.

Ok so he is pooled but no word since. Wonder if anyone knows how or if they work out UMS when we have combination of Pre U and A Level? Obviously there is no equivalent AS for Pre U so we have a slightly artificial UMS as it's only on 2 subjects? Anyone any idea?
How's everyone doing today?
Original post by trin67

Ok so he is pooled but no word since. Wonder if anyone knows how or if they work out UMS when we have combination of Pre U and A Level? Obviously there is no equivalent AS for Pre U so we have a slightly artificial UMS as it's only on 2 subjects? Anyone any idea?

I don't think it matters much, but I would guess they would look at the prediction and give 80+ for a D3, 90+ for a D2 and 93+ for a D1, provided the prediction was credible. But they might not and there's not much point worrying about it now. Your best hope is that linguistics might be slightly easier to get into than some other subjects so the grades required to be competitive might be lower than for say Nat Sci.
Reply 3416
WHY WON'T THEY JUST FLIPPING COMMUNICATE. Even just a 'hi, don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you'.
Reply 3417
Original post by Coffeeshock
Pooled by Pembroke for Engineering, but only just heard this morning I have an offer from Trinity Hall... bit relieved, only swimming for three days! Keep at it people!

Congratzz! Mind posting your subjects and UMS average? Thanks :smile:
Original post by JKA17
WHY WON'T THEY JUST FLIPPING COMMUNICATE. Even just a 'hi, don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you'.

I feel you - they really should!

Although to be honest I'd probably be a bit annoyed too if I got a message from them now that still wasn't a conclusion to this horror :tongue:
Reply 3419
Original post by questingvole
I don't think it matters much, but I would guess they would look at the prediction and give 80+ for a D3, 90+ for a D2 and 93+ for a D1, provided the prediction was credible. But they might not and there's not much point worrying about it now. Your best hope is that linguistics might be slightly easier to get into than some other subjects so the grades required to be competitive might be lower than for say Nat Sci.

I suppose you might be right but thought they specifically didn't do it on predicted grades --shame they don't explain this as it's such a mystery! You kids are all amazing putting up with all this tension for days on end and being left in limbo. Surely they can come up with something better than this. The wait continues ....no one has any nails left! And numbers applying for this subject are also strangely increased this year.

Latest

Trending

Trending