Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so does anyone have any suggestions... I achieved 3 A*s at A level but haven't been pooled... shouldn't I have been 'autopooled' rather than rejected...

ReputationRep:
    desperately hoping for this moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLE54m3wbDo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma-anna)
    so does anyone have any suggestions... I achieved 3 A*s at A level but haven't been pooled... shouldn't I have been 'autopooled' rather than rejected...
    Do you do maths or medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    Do you do maths or medicine?

No, English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma-anna)
    No, English
    I think it might be based on you obtaining at least 93% (or something like that) average in your ASs.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie133)
    I think it might be based on you obtaining at least 93% (or something like that) average in your ASs.
    Well the pool document says "In the case of post-qualification applicants the equivalent criterion is: A*A*A* or better at A Level."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    There is something I don't understand.
    There are two documents about the Pool thing and they have different information, very little but quite important
    In this http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/a...tutors2013.pdf at the final stage section, they say all files will be returned to the preference college on the 7TH OF JANUARY
    but in this http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/a...ficers2013.pdf it's said it's the 9TH OF JANUARY
    So what's the exact date? Judging by the fact that some colleges (King, Trinity) have already given out rejections so it should be the 7th of January but I emailed St John yesterday to ask about my file and she said today that she had no information suggesting it'd be 9th of Jan.
    What the hell?
    Have Trinity given out rejections?

ReputationRep:
    1 unread Email in inbox. (instant rush of adrenaline). It's from UCAS. (more adrenaline, hands start shaking). Something has changed on track. (onset of mild hyperventilation/near to tears due to convincing myself its telling me it's a rejection from Pembroke). Log on to track. (after pep talk from my father that it doesnt matter whatever it says)

Offer from Durham. Never have I been more happy notoberejectedfrommy firstchoicebutinsteadacceptedbyj ustasgoodauniversity!!

pretty cruel troll by track, but still delighted - and hopefully will get to meet some fish from here, if Cambridge is stupid enough to reject any of you! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justkeepswimming)
    1 unread Email in inbox. (instant rush of adrenaline). It's from UCAS. (more adrenaline, hands start shaking). Something has changed on track. (onset of mild hyperventilation/near to tears due to convincing myself its telling me it's a rejection from Pembroke). Log on to track. (after pep talk from my father that it doesnt matter whatever it says)

Offer from Durham. Never have I been more happy notoberejectedfrommy firstchoicebutinsteadacceptedbyj ustasgoodauniversity!!

pretty cruel troll by track, but still delighted - and hopefully will get to meet some fish from here, if Cambridge is stupid enough to reject any of you! xxxx
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:

Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    I think he's talking about trinity hall (as far as I'm aware trinity college gives rejections on thursday ;o)

ReputationRep:
    Trinity Hall I guess. Just search this thread, today quite a few rejections.

Now I'm not very sure about their system and what to expect at the moment after researching their documents. Probably tomorrow they will give me a rejection letter then.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from Emma?

ReputationRep:

Well Done! However, you missed out a 't' near the beginning of what I see as the result of you going on a short-lived spacebar-strike, until Cambridge replies. It should be 'nottobe' at the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atropos)
    I think he's talking about trinity hall (as far as I'm aware trinity college gives rejections on thursday ;o)
    That's the prediction I gave you, about it being on thursday (based on last year), so don't trust in it too much.

ReputationRep:
    I am awaiting a rejection tomorrow. I read last year's thread and Caius should do it tomorrow. It's good that I will be on a flight since 12 o'clock.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get fished today??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    There is something I don't understand.
    There are two documents about the Pool thing and they have different information, very little but quite important
    In this http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/a...tutors2013.pdf at the final stage section, they say all files will be returned to the preference college on the 7TH OF JANUARY
    but in this http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/a...ficers2013.pdf it's said it's the 9TH OF JANUARY
    So what's the exact date? Judging by the fact that some colleges (King, Trinity) have already given out rejections so it should be the 7th of January but I emailed St John yesterday to ask about my file and she said today that she had no information suggesting it'd be 9th of Jan.
    What the hell?
    One seems to be for the admissions tutors and the other for admin staff so maybe they give a couple of days leway in case admissions tutors don't stick to the deadline? If this is the case, the 9th is more likely to be the actual date, so plenty of time left!

ReputationRep:
    Well Done! However, you missed out a 't' near the beginning of what I see as the result of you going on short-lived spacebar-strike, until Cambridge replies. It should be 'nottobe' at the beginning.
    damn, that's embarrassing as a hopeful English applicant.. that'll teach me to proof read in the future..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The exaggerater)
    Sorry to hear that, seems CompSci is a very competitive subject this year.
    Don't suppose it will be too long until my rejection letter comes through now.
    We should just be happy that Cambridge see something in us.
    Well you can try and guess which uni won't get to play with my quantum computer now

(Original post by Rhiannonymous)
    I'm sorry to hear that At least now you can focus on more important things and start to recover from the anxious waiting knowing you still got pretty dang far! I'm sure in time you'll find that whichever one of your "rushed" choices you've picked, you'll feel it was right to go there, despite the disappointment you feel now.

Best of luck Greggz!
    Thanks I'll probably go to career's advice office in my college so they can help me "readjust" :P good luck to you, hang in there! Maybe Jesus will be your saviour

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.