Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silentlife)
    No more interview invitations are going to be made, right?
    I got one 2 hours ago so there's still chance! Anyone else have a phone interview??

ReputationRep:
    And to think I have ichthyophobia :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    So what's the deal with the lack of responses today? Does that mean we're coming to the end of it or is it just an anomaly / more will come tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mp1995)
    I got one 2 hours ago so there's still chance! Anyone else have a phone interview??
    Don't think they'll be phoning at this time of the day and today is the last day too...

ReputationRep:
    To all the dear fishes that have swum and are still swimming in the pool. I am the mummy of one you but I feel for you all and I have been reading every post from the beginning. It has been a very stressful few days that seems like an eternity. But you are all brilliant in your own unique way to have got to the pool in the first place and this is what you must hold on to. Don't think of it as a rejection if it happens to you, it's simply a case that there is just not enough space for you all. I don't envy the Cambridge staff as it must be agonising to turn any of you away. But just think how fortunate the other uni's will be to have you on board. I know you will all go on to do great things wherever you end up.

Good luck and lots of love to you all and this includes my own little fish! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brighter_Star)
    And to think I have ichthyophobia :unimpressed:
    had to google it but...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jqian)
    Nooo, fellow CompSci poolee, why does this year suddenly have a massive spike in CompSci applicants...
    It's annoying, will be interested to see the admissions stats after to see how many more they take on this year...

(Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•)
    Unlucky dude it was cool meeting you that time anyway, and you will do ace wherever you end up!
    Good luck with your interview!

(Original post by Kidioteque)
    Ah man, sorry to hear that. Good luck with everything :hugs:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Oh no! Commiserations.
    (Original post by SerialVelocity)
    :/ well I'm very sure you'll do great anywhere else you go.
    Thanks guys, surprising not too bothered, all that time spent expecting rejection in the pool seems to have paid off Although the amount of mentions of Cambridge on TSR are quite depressing...

ReputationRep:
    Why are people saying this is the last day of receiving offers?
    I thought the last day was the 15th?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achilleasrn)
    So what's the deal with the lack of responses today? Does that mean we're coming to the end of it or is it just an anomaly / more will come tomorrow?
    Well there won't be any more calls for re-interview any more seeing as the interview are starting on Thursday, but there should definitely be some more direct offers coming through until the end of this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annehogarth)
    had to google it but...
    I'm not even kidding, I genuinely have it! As if this whole process isn't stressful enough without the constant reminder of those creepy creatures :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahO.o)
    To all the dear fishes that have swum and are still swimming in the pool. I am the mummy of one you but I feel for you all and I have been reading every post from the beginning. It has been a very stressful few days that seems like an eternity. But you are all brilliant in your own unique way to have got to the pool in the first place and this is what you must hold on to. Don't think of it as a rejection if it happens to you, it's simply a case that there is just not enough space for you all. I don't envy the Cambridge staff as it must be agonising to turn any of you away. But just think how fortunate the other uni's will be to have you on board. I know you will all go on to do great things wherever you end up.

Good luck and lots of love to you all and this includes my own little fish! xx
    wow, all 185 pages? That's impressive.

Thanks though! Best of luck for your fish too. I'm sure (s)he'll end up at an amazing plaice and won't be a fish out of water
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    wow, all 185 pages? That's impressive.

Thanks though! Best of luck for your fish too. I'm sure (s)he'll end up at an amazing plaice and won't be a fish out of water
    I see what you did there :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mp1995)
    Thanks!! Land Economy
    Which college did you get pooled from? and where is your interview

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain this to me? The pool closed on the 4th Jan, so why don't they send all the post-pool offers on the 5th of Jan? Do they take the files of those they like back to their college to deliberate??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I got my letter today( EU-applicant not UK) and I have been pooled. The problems is that my phone has been turned off so they have not been able to contact me by phone between the 5th and 8th. Do you think they would have sent an email instead if they tried to contact me? Should i call them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even kidding, I genuinely have it! As if this whole process isn't stressful enough without the constant reminder of those creepy creatures :ashamed2:
    well this is awkward...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss06)
    I see what you did there :rofl:
    I couldn't let the op-perch-tuna-ty pass by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    I couldn't let the op-perch-tuna-ty pass by
    I sea what you did there...

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you like fishies? :sad:

(Original post by \/ibhav)
    I sea what you did there...
    You shore did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie133)
    Well I'm not too hopeful, but at least this means there is still a chance so thanks for the hope!
    did she give any interviews or was it a direct offer?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.