Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been following this thread for the last few days as I have a little fish swimming in the pool too! I just wanted to say what an inspiration it is to see the support, good grace and humour in the face of possible disappointment, that has been evident in this thread. You little fishes should all be very proud of your achievement so far. Please look at your next step as swimming out of this pool to grace the other excellent universities out there, all of them will be so much better for having such resilient and intelligent young people as part of their student body.
    Good luck to you all if there are interviews to be had and also to those who may still be in with a chance of a direct offer even at this late stage.
    As for my little fish I know she will make the most of whatever university she actually ends up at and I can only imagine it will be the same for all you fishes out there too.
    Good luck and just be happy!

ReputationRep:
    Do rejections come through post or email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Thank you
    Quick question, Minerva; the handbook says that we're 'unlikely' to get a direct offer after interviews have began. Do you think the amount of direct offers will be reduced a lot after today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achilleasrn)
    Quick question, Minerva; the handbook says that we're 'unlikely' to get a direct offer after interviews have began. Do you think the amount of direct offers will be reduced a lot after today?
    Well, yes I would think so, in general terms, but yesterday was perhaps surprisingly quiet on this front. The difficulty is that I can only track when people report things, which may not be soon after they actually happened. What I have noticed this year is that there seem to be fewer interviews than previously. This could just be random variation, given that the TSR cohort is not necessarily representative, but on the overall figures and average numbers of offers (direct or otherwise) we would be expecting to see a few more than we have at the moment. This may mean that colleges have adhered to the guidance more closely this year (ie, not to call people back unless absolutely essential) in which case proportionately more direct offers would be expected.

As the timetable says, direct offers will be continue to be issued up to the 14th, ie Monday next week, so there is still some hope for those of you who haven't heard anything at all yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sleep now until around 5pm as I have been awake for the last 28 hours or so... praying that when I wake up I will have been fished.

PLEASE BE KIND TO ME, ADMISSIONS OFFICERS... I CANNOT TAKE ANY MORE STRESS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloud Dancer)
    Do rejections come through post or email?
    People have heard both ways.

(Original post by piette)
    I'm going to sleep now until around 5pm as I have been awake for the last 28 hours or so... praying that when I wake up I will have been fished.

PLEASE BE KIND TO ME, ADMISSIONS OFFICERS... I CANNOT TAKE ANY MORE STRESS
    You need to keep levels of normality through this as otherwise other aspects of your life (eg: exams, school, work) might end up suffering. You don't need to constantly be awake, if they call you and you don't pick up then they'll just call back again later

ReputationRep:
    How weird is it that nobody on the whole of this thread has heard from Queen's or Emma...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I couldn't take it anymore - I emailed downing asking abt the status of my application... Just have a bad feeling Iv been rejected

ReputationRep:
    To those already fished, what did your phone say when they called? I have a missed call from Unknown, and it won't let me call back, more than likely just spam though.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I suppose they have already sent rejection letters by post and when we receive tomorrow it will be dated today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    I suppose they have already sent rejection letters by post and when we receive tomorrow it will be dated today.
    Why do you suppose that?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you suppose that?
    Because it was like that last year and now is the 5th day how comes we haven't heard anything?

Well offers might still come but slim chance.

ReputationRep:
    Minevra,
    I was pooled by Trinity Maths...
    How do you see the chance of getting fished now from past years...

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas as to why it has been so quiet on the PhysNatSci front?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4foryouglencoco)
    Same question here D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you know, you might have been given a direct offer like before the pool closed but they havent gotten around to listing all those ppl and sending emails to them, or maybe they'd like to give you one but first want to see how the interview ppl go so incase one of them was waaay better than expected they might wanna change the offers so dont worry that interviews have started cos it just may be that the fishing college is not sending out info yet at least thats what i'm hoping.... :/

ReputationRep:
    Plop! Have just drowned! Email from Clare College regarding an application for geography, so bye bye thread, Cmooonnnnn ..... DURHAM!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Drowned Clare for Engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amber13)
    Plop! Have just drowned! Email from Clare College regarding an application for geography, so bye bye thread, Cmooonnnnn ..... DURHAM!!!!
    awesome! i love durham.. dunno bout geography but their natsci course is great.. i dare say it might even be better than cambridge's :P dont neg me i was just expressing my opinion :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4foryouglencoco)
    According to the stats more people applied to natsci than ever before this year, 2834 this year compared to 2278 in 2009 (thats around 550 more people in the space of 5 years, and the course usually only admits around 700) sadly i too am waiting for an offer for physical natsci

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.