The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Namod
You're the first person to ever do that, even last year no one did that.

Lol it's only fair I get a -1 myself XD

Honestly it was just an accident, I was planning on clicking something else when my computer does that annoying hyper-jump upwards when it's slow at loading and it did it just as I was about to click..... :angry: :colondollar:
Reply 3941
Dear Cambridge,
I'm sorry that i didnt revise very much and wasted my time on someone throughout my AS exams an didnt get very good UMS- i now realise how stupid that was and i really regret it :frown: cos now i'm going round an round in this pool and not getting anywhere.
but i promise if you do accept me i will not be lazy like that and work very hard.
Please do fish me.... i'm a good fishy
:please:
Original post by piette
Drowned today :tongue:
St John's - Music

Ah tough luck! Still, you've had your good innings by making it this far :smile: Where else have you applied to?
Reply 3943
[video="youtube;6BhF3BDmyLs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BhF3BDmyLs[/video]

I was thinking, this whole wait is like this..
At the start I love everything about Cambridge, by the end I hate the things I once loved..

Weird.
I am an international student. I just received my pooling letter and it keeps me up all night....
i cant help thinking about it
Have they already started picking the pooled ones?

Just email me please! no anymore airmail , it always keep me days behind the news:mad:
Original post by arnoldtam
I am an international student. I just received my pooling letter and it keeps me up all night....

Just email me please! no anymore airmail , it always keep me days behind the news:mad:

Wow that was quite late! O_O The pool closed last Friday so all the colleges have already made their decisions. Still a lot of people yet to hear anything though so hold tight! :smile:

Where did you apply to and for what subject?

You came in a bit late mate... They've almost picked up all the pooled ones :tongue:
Reply 3947
after refreshing my inbox every five minutes ALL of today i FINALLY GOT A MAIL FROM THE CAMBRIDGE ADMISSIONS OFFICE!!! only to answer a question i asked them last week... :banghead:
Reply 3948
Original post by Rhiannonymous
Ah tough luck! Still, you've had your good innings by making it this far :smile: Where else have you applied to?

I have unconditional offers from Durham, Bristol and Royal Holloway :smile:
Original post by joyie
after refreshing my inbox every five minutes ALL of today i FINALLY GOT A MAIL FROM THE CAMBRIDGE ADMISSIONS OFFICE!!! only to answer a question i asked them last week... :banghead:

What question? :tongue:
Reply 3950

Same here. :rolleyes:
Reply 3951
Original post by Achilleasrn
You came in a bit late mate... They've almost picked up all the pooled ones :tongue:

Actually I just received my pool letter today as well.... I do hope they email the decisions to internationals now
Original post by piette
I have unconditional offers from Durham, Bristol and Royal Holloway :smile:

Woo unconditional! :O Did you take a gap year/already finished your A Levels? (or equivalent?)

Whichever one you choose, best of luck! :smile:
Do medicine decisions come in later than the rest? Judging by last year they do?
Reply 3954
Original post by SarahAlexis
This intrigues me- so if you messed up your AS exams, resat them and then did very well in A2 and achieved 3A* in one sitting without any retakes at A2, would this be enough to negate the bad AS performance and resits (which they don't like) or would they still look at it?

Post A-level they use your A2 results, and A*A*A* will get you auto-pooled.

The A2 modules are generally harder, and they talk a lot about trajectory, so your AS marks wouldn't necessarily count against you (and might even be in your favour if it looked like you were late in finding your stride rather than a slacker in Year 12).
What dates do most rejections come about?
Reply 3956
Original post by Achilleasrn
What question? :tongue:

something irrelevant about scholarships...

i'm an int'l student too, but i asked for email and they sent me one.. which college is this that made you wait!! thats mean... is it churchill?
Reply 3957
Original post by medicdude
Do medicine decisions come in later than the rest? Judging by last year they do?

maybe they wait until interviews are over

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ajka
Keep swimming fish!
I was in your position 2 years ago! Had to go for an reinterview at Fitzwilliam, pooled by Emma for engineering.
Got into Fitz! If you have a reinterview your chances are pretty good, I think it's ~50% just keep calm and try and think why your other interviews didn't go as well.
Hopefully see some of you in Fitz! :biggrin:

Hi! I have a reinterview for eningeering at Girton, but I was wondering when you had yours was it similiar to your earlier ones as mine were heavily technical and not a lot of general chat...
Reply 3959
Original post by silentlife
What dates do most rejections come about?

no way to tell, depends on your college. a few and have given them out already but the deadline is like the 25th? so i guess it could be anytime btwn now and then...

Latest

Trending

Trending