Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been Pooled by Queen' for Natural (phys) Sciences.

Probably auto pooled, I have 95% average, but my interviews were terrible :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCMercury)
    I've been pooled by Clare for English. My main hope is that I don't get called in for interview, I have exams in two weeks and extra stress, even about this stuff, is unlikely to be helpful. I'm a bit scared of working out my UMS average for what it will tell me, hopefully my 100% in the English paper will carry me a little father!
    Don't work out your UMS, focus on your exam work instead

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I've been pooled by Homerton for Linguistics. A shame, but we'll see what other colleges will think - if they want to contact me at all, that is.

ReputationRep:
    Pooled by trinity college for maths, 97% in maths average 90% in the other 3

ReputationRep:
    Pooled by Magdalene for Law. UMS average below autopooling threshold. Don't fancy my chances.

Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCMercury)
    I've been pooled by Clare for English. My main hope is that I don't get called in for interview, I have exams in two weeks and extra stress, even about this stuff, is unlikely to be helpful. I'm a bit scared of working out my UMS average for what it will tell me, hopefully my 100% in the English paper will carry me a little father!
    English you say... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Pooled by Magdalene for Law. UMS average below autopooling threshold. Don't fancy my chances.

Good luck everyone.
    Stay positive and try to focus on your revision (assuming you have exams this month). All of you guys in this thread have shown your interviewers that you are of the standard they are looking for. Let's hope they fish you (even your original college may do so)!

ReputationRep:
    Been pooled by St John's for music. I don't think it was an autopool as my grades were A* A A and my UMS average wasn't high enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)

Good luck everyone.
    Hey I got pooled as well Let's hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    Pooled for geog by st johns.... not hopeful though since my ums is only 87% :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lighterthanAyer)
    Hey I got pooled as well Let's hope for the best!
    For some reason this makes me feel better aha, nice to have somebody in EXACTLY the same position! Just hate how there's yet MORE waiting...good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern_Ireland)
    English you say... :P
    I blame stress!

ReputationRep:
    Been pooled from Emma for HSPS - literally gutted. Hoping and praying that another College might want me; good luck everyone. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atropos)
    Pooled by trinity college for maths, 97% in maths average 90% in the other 3
    Hi, you're in a very similar position to me, Trinity for Mathematics; I got 95.3% in Maths and 91% Overall. Feel quite depressed at the moment, but at least there's no auto-pool for Maths and neither of us would make it anyway, so we know we were chosen as a result of the interview, in oppose to by default. How many questions did you answer in the 'Interview Quiz' and which ones? Just curious, haven't found any other applicants to discuss this with so far. Also, be sure to tell me of any news for your application and I'll do the same for mine. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Just been pooled from Trinity Hall for MML, probably autopooled... But it's not straight rejection!

ReputationRep:
    Pooled from Robinson for Computer Science. Good luck to everybody!

ReputationRep:
    Placed in the pool by Selwyn for History.

I'd rather had just had a straight rejection, all this stress is too much :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Placed in the pool for Biology Natural Sciences by Pembroke.
    Delighted to still have a chance but I did really like Pembroke.
    Best of luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow swimmers

Pooled by Pembroke for Maths with Physics.
    UMS avg.: 93% (maths 98%, further maths 90% thanks to D1)
    9:30am test was awful, subsequent interview was better, and I came out of my last interview feeling quite glad I ended the day well.

Let's see what happens!

ReputationRep:
    A question for Minerva, if possible. Do you feel that the rules about colleges not contacting poolees until after subject meetings on Saturday have been tightened this year? They sound quite strict in the University Winter Pool instructions to the Colleges, but I don't know whether they sound this strict every year.
    YOu did a wonderful job with this thread last year, and this year I hope that it will help and support my son who has found himself in the pool

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.