Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anyone in this thread has already received an offer, but I'll just let you guys know that a friend of mine from school was pooled on the 4th and later in the evening received a phone call from Queens' offering him a place. He applied for Vet Med at Selwyn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jqian)
    Wait, you already have 3A* 1A at A2 level and you expected a rejection?!
    if you have achieved A*A*A* at A2 you meet the auto-pooling criteria...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    I don't know if anyone in this thread has already received an offer, but I'll just let you guys know that a friend of mine from school was pooled on the 4th and later in the evening received a phone call from Queens' offering him a place. He applied for Vet Med at Selwyn.
    Queens rather than Selwyn jumping the gun this year, interesting!

ReputationRep:
    Trying my utmost to fall in love with my second choice uni :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Georgie)
    One last question - as the pool has already happened, why might someone not hear very soon and be left waiting until near the end? Assuming they're eventually fished, I mean.
    I know I'm not Minerva, but I think someone might have to wait until the end/second half of January, because they were on a college's wait list. Essentially, they were half-fished, but the college knew it didn't want to re-interview them (nor make a straight offer), instead went on to re-interview a couple other students. After the second round of interviews they compare the candidates, so this way someone might get an offer or a rejection quite late. Also, I think you can be wait-listed by your original college.
    At least this is what I gathered last year, when two of my friends were pooled, so I followed this thread (well, the 2012 version). Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbominableSnowman)
    If you say so my friend.
    Haha. I'd much rather have a some element of hope rather than nothing at all, even if we have a somewhat torturous wait..
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Trying my utmost to fall in love with my second choice uni :lol:
    I would have with UCL if I wasn't torn with whether I'd want to study in London or not :lol: the course is pretty awesome but... it's London and expensive

I hope you get some good news tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh.)
    Haha. I'd much rather have a some element of hope rather than nothing at all, even if we have a somewhat torturous wait..
    Again, live and let live-whatever works for you mate. But I'm personally opting for unfaltering pessimism from here on in, as if I'm wrong I get a pleasant surprise, whereas optimism, no matter how cautious leaves people prone to disappointment (not least in situations like this). At any rate I think we can safely say that whoever invented the pool definitely dabbled in sadomasochism.

ReputationRep:
    Again, live and let live-whatever works for you mate. But I'm personally opting for unfaltering pessimism from here on in, as if I'm wrong I get a pleasant surprise, whereas optimism, no matter how cautious leaves people prone to disappointment (not least in situations like this). At any rate I think we can safely say that whoever invented the pool definitely dabbled in sadomasochism.
    ^ Nailed it.

ReputationRep:
    Been pooled by Clare for Engineering... Same boat as last year!
    Is there anyone else here pooled by Clare, if so, did you get a letter or email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henry.harrod)
    Been pooled by Clare for Engineering... Same boat as last year!
    Is there anyone else here pooled by Clare, if so, did you get a letter or email?
    Email.

ReputationRep:
    Email.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Now now, who peed in the pool.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    Now now, who peed in the pool.
    It was an admissions tutor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    I would have with UCL if I wasn't torn with whether I'd want to study in London or not :lol: the course is pretty awesome but... it's London and expensive

I hope you get some good news tomorrow!
    Similar situation for me but with LSE rather than UCL :lol: I've come to the conclusion that the pros outweigh the cons; plus, in five years' time, when you're earning ****loads working in the City, those living costs will seem minute!

Hmm, same. Thanks, man. I hope you do too! Really very surprised to hear you'd been pooled. What will be will be, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzz)
    I've been pooled by Trinity Hall for CompSci, but it wasn't an Auto-Pool
    Thought I'd find you hereee

ReputationRep:
    I've been asked to come for an interview at Corpus Christi, is it a good or bad sign that I received an invitation to interview very quickly after being told I was put in the pool? (only a few hours)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRBall)
    I've been asked to come for an interview at Corpus Christi, is it a good or bad sign that I received an invitation to interview very quickly after being told I was put in the pool? (only a few hours)
    Which subject?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRBall)
    Well it's certainly better than nothing! Congratulations, and good luck for the interview

ReputationRep:
    Pooled by king's for natsci. anybody else?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.