Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what do i do if my address has changed?
    how do i tell them to email me instead???

ReputationRep:
    I really don't take rejection well haha, definitely going to let the brave face commence when I receive the dreaded letter. Unless i get an offer from LSE, i'm reapplying next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyie)
    what do i do if my address has changed?
    how do i tell them to email me instead???
    Email the college you applied for with your UCAS number and your full name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacemenrule94)
    Gah, looks like we're both still left in the lurch by Downing, then
    Us and every other Downing fish, there are schools of us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwatt6)
    Yep they rang me on Saturday afternoon to say they'd like to give me an offer for engineering but they said they would send me the details but still haven't is anyone in the same situation?
    Im in almost the same position, I originally applied to Homerton (for theology) but my letter said I'd been pooled, however they emailed me on Saturday afternoon to say I'd actually got an offer! I still haven't got the letter either so don't worry! x

ReputationRep:
    Any Jesus fish heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected via e-mail by Downing for Chem Eng (via NatSci). Although i'm really disappointed, it's actually quite a relief to finally find out my decision, rather than being kept waiting. But I have to say, absolutely no regrets in applying to Cambridge, the whole experience has been brilliant - from frantically trying to do some background reading for the interview, to the actual interview itself, to meeting so many new people and making friends, to finally spending about an entire week on my laptop on The Student Room with my email on constant refresh!
    It probably just wasn't meant to be though, but i'm proud of being pooled, and the fact that Cambridge thought I was good enough has made me grow a huge deal, and I'm sure that I'll still have a great time at Imperial/UCL. To all those that are still waiting, I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you, don't lose hope and keep swimming! This is the end of the Cambridge road for me - For those who get in, congratulations, that's an amazing achievement, but for those who don't (like me), take pride in the fact that you managed to get this far, that's something in itself, and you'll do brilliantly wherever you go! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist17)
    I am a Jesus fish (mind you a very small drowning one) and have heard nothing, although I'd be rather happy if I received a rejection letter and some feedback.

Especially so I can send them a bitter email complaining about their admissions procedure to get it out of my system

(Original post by Abbie94)
      Im in almost the same position, I originally applied to Homerton (for theology) but my letter said I'd been pooled, however they emailed me on Saturday afternoon to say I'd actually got an offer! I still haven't got the letter either so don't worry! x
      Kindly take this conversation to this thread.

I know you didn't mean anything by the chat, but it wasn't the most tactful of things to do. All the best!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Chrisgame)
      Email the college you applied for with your UCAS number and your full name.
      thanks!

ReputationRep:
      For any medic applicants like myself, I've had a quick browse through last year's winter pool thread... it seems to be that from here on for those of us who havent been called for reinterview, it may simply be a case of waiting for the open offers to be given out :/ Which from what I read can happen as late as the 18th January...
      However from what I've seen about open offers, they are generally given to people who have been unsuccessful after reinterview

Basically what I'm saying is I found some relatively unreliable information, and have interpreted it in a way that allows me to give up hope and get on with my life. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      "Why would you, such a big dreamer, a 'brand' want a offer from cambridge university?"

"Because at the minute i'm a big fish in a small pond"

"You're not a big fish, you're not even a fish!"

Every time someone else gets an offfer.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by economist17)
      (Original post by the.austrian)
      I am a Jesus fish (mind you a very small drowning one) and have heard nothing, although I'd be rather happy if I received a rejection letter and some feedback.

Especially so I can send them a bitter email complaining about their admissions procedure to get it out of my system
      Jesus fish here too, what subjects? architecture for me

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oromis263)
      Kindly take this conversation to this thread.

I know you didn't mean anything by the chat, but it wasn't the most tactful of things to do. All the best!
      Thanks. I am in a rather aggressive mood..

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lydpaper)
      Jesus fish here too, what subjects? architecture for me
      Engineering, interview was the scariest day of my life! Have you heard anything back since your letter?

ReputationRep:
      A brave response! You'll go far. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ileng1)
      ahhhhhh congratulations!!!! what phone did they call you on may i ask? sidney sussex is such a nice college also! whats your offer?
      It was on the house phone It's A*AA.
      Good luck for receiving one! x

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by josephtsui)
      Hey I have an interview at Fitz on Friday for natsci phys. I'm really more nervous than excited though. What subject are you applying for?
      I've applied for law! I'm staying over the night before, so nervous about that and the interview, but I am excited to see what the college is like, and happy I got pulled out the pool!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by the.austrian)
      Engineering, interview was the scariest day of my life! Have you heard anything back since your letter?
      Nope, were you there on the 7th by any chance?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rhiannonymous)
      Lol I agree! XD Did you have special reason to or were just dying from the wait like I am? :P Do you mind me asking how you worded your e-mail?
      No special reason, was just getting fed up and wanted to know. And still do!! I just wrote something very straight to the point (as advised by my dad) as they're very busy, and thanked them for their time. I don't think it can do any harm

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.