Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Well it's certainly better than nothing! Congratulations, and good luck for the interview
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henry.harrod)
    Been pooled by Clare for Engineering... Same boat as last year!
    Is there anyone else here pooled by Clare, if so, did you get a letter or email?
    Hellllooooo! Pooled by Clare for engineering too... Which day were your interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    Which subject?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Physical Natural Sciences

ReputationRep:
    Do they pass on your writing samples and additional forms (like the ECF)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuckMuffin)
    Hellllooooo! Pooled by Clare for engineering too... Which day were your interviews?
    4th December, yours?

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering if there's any way to find out how many people were pooled for engineering this year or in previous years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henry.harrod)
    4th December, yours?
    Same - that was the Tuesday right?

Ahh I remember that time, stressfully waiting in the Hepple room, awaiting my turn at Byrne's tricky problems :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuckMuffin)
    Same - that was the Tuesday right?

Ahh I remember that time, stressfully waiting in the Hepple room, awaiting my turn at Byrne's tricky problems :P
    How do you feel it all went? Also, if you dont mind me asking, what UMS average have you got?

ReputationRep:
    Pooled by Cauis for hsps..

ReputationRep:
    Kind of glad I wasn't pooled - sounds stressful.

ReputationRep:
    Not a Cambridge applicant or anything but I just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck hope you all get the news you've been hoping for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRBall)
    I've been asked to come for an interview at Corpus Christi, is it a good or bad sign that I received an invitation to interview very quickly after being told I was put in the pool? (only a few hours)
    How did they contact you?

ReputationRep:
    If your interviews went really bad, does that mean you are more likely to be asked to attend another interview at this stage?

ReputationRep:
    I've been asked to come for an interview at Corpus Christi, is it a good or bad sign that I received an invitation to interview very quickly after being told I was put in the pool? (only a few hours)
    I'd say it's a pretty good sign - it means you're a candidate that they were interested in and wanted to know more about without other colleges getting you first! The colleges are under no obligation to pick you out of the pool, so I'd be cautiously optimistic!

Good luck for your interview! (Also, Corpus Christi? Niiiiiice.)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Congratulation to all of us for still being in the competition! Im an international poolee, so i'm unlikely to be called for a second interview. So , should i be expecting an email or a phone call? from my original college, or if i do get an offer, from the college that fished me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Georgie)
    Thanks for replying, that's good to know! I didn't realise that the 3pm stated would be a strict rule, so at least now I can happily sleep in until midday (catch up on last nights sleep) without thinking I'll have missed something
    One last question - as the pool has already happened, why might someone not hear very soon and be left waiting until near the end? Assuming they're eventually fished, I mean.
    What biborcsiga said

(Original post by bíborcsiga)
    I know I'm not Minerva, but I think someone might have to wait until the end/second half of January, because they were on a college's wait list. Essentially, they were half-fished, but the college knew it didn't want to re-interview them (nor make a straight offer), instead went on to re-interview a couple other students. After the second round of interviews they compare the candidates, so this way someone might get an offer or a rejection quite late. Also, I think you can be wait-listed by your original college.
    At least this is what I gathered last year, when two of my friends were pooled, so I followed this thread (well, the 2012 version). Good luck!
    Yup

It's good news, but the timing of your recall means nothing at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insomniacramblings)
    Do they pass on your writing samples and additional forms (like the ECF)?
    They'll all be in your file so will have been available for review by admissions tutors from other colleges.

(Original post by c00085)
    Hi just wondering if there's any way to find out how many people were pooled for engineering this year or in previous years?
    No it is not possible to find this out from the published data. See the OP

(Original post by When you see it...)
    Kind of glad I wasn't pooled - sounds stressful.
    It is.

(Original post by honggau)
    How did they contact you?
    Doesn't matter. It makes no difference and means nothing.

(Original post by ABaz)
    If your interviews went really bad, does that mean you are more likely to be asked to attend another interview at this stage?
    You might think it went very badly but they may not have agreed. If however you are right, and there was a big difference between how you did in one interview compared with the other, that is grounds for pooling and - if fished at all - makes it more likely you'll be recalled for interview (assuming you are UK based).

(Original post by gigi3359)
    I'd say it's a pretty good sign - it means you're a candidate that they were interested in and wanted to know more about without other colleges getting you first! The colleges are under no obligation to pick you out of the pool, so I'd be cautiously optimistic!

Good luck for your interview! (Also, Corpus Christi? Niiiiiice.)
    His chances of an offer now are roughly 1 in 2, so yes it's a good sign in that sense. I read his question differently, as meaning that he wanted to know if the fact that he got the invite very quickly is of significance (which it isn't) rather than whether getting the invite at all was a good sign (which it is).

(Original post by magic012)
    Hey guys! Congratulation to all of us for still being in the competition! Im an international poolee, so i'm unlikely to be called for a second interview. So , should i be expecting an email or a phone call? from my original college, or if i do get an offer, from the college that fished me?
    If you are fished by another college, you will hear from them directly as your original college will have given up all claim to you in that case.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Minerva for the updates - they are really help full.

ReputationRep:
    how does this pooling work for EU applicants? i applied to churchill and they would not send me an email with the decision because they said they are busy with the pool. Usually the mail will take up about 7 days to arrive to me from UK and as far as I know the interviews for pooled applicants are next Friday. What should i do considering I have no clue about the outcome of the decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is there a day they are the most likely to call you on ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.