Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    To anybody who's interested, I emailed my college (Magdalene) on Monday night asking for news, and today at about 11 I got a reply. It says that they can't tell me anything yet as 'Decisions on Winter Pool applicants are still being made at this stage' but that 'you should be hearing the outcome of your application by the start of next week'.
    I have decided to interpret this as an almost definite rejection, they just can't tell me yet for some unknown reason. We've definitely established that almost all of the decisions have been made. This just makes no sense...
    However it means that your file isn't with them so you still stand a chance to be considered by other college... Not a bad news I guess if you forgo the extra waiting...

ReputationRep:
    Selwyn natsci physical, rejected from pool via email. Good luck to everyone else still waiting. I am at peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cytang)
    However it means that your file isn't with them so you still stand a chance to be considered by other college... Not a bad news I guess if you forgo the extra waiting...
    They could have my file back and just have a policy of not giving out rejections until a certain day? It could mean anything really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soempty)
    Rejected from Homerton. Lol at how people are randomly negging me.
    I don't think they're meaning to neg you. I nearly did it to someone the other day when they said they'd been rejected. It's like a reflex "opposite of like" - I think people forget that it negs your rep rather than just saying "Oh, that's not good".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    They could have my file back and just have a policy of not giving out rejections until a certain day? It could mean anything really.
    Well you might be right but as long as there's no rejection letter, you are still fighting for an offer! Good luck then I guess, It's long out of our hands...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray)
    I don't think they're meaning to neg you. I nearly did it to someone the other day when they said they'd been rejected. It's like a reflex "opposite of like" - I think people forget that it negs your rep rather than just saying "Oh, that's not good".
    think that may have been me for the reasin stated above!! im going to like it later when it lets me... just felt bad and wasnt really thinking! (+ as soon as I hit it pressed undo on my phone but that didnt work! ) good luck wherever you end up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray)
    Well if thats the case I dont hold anything against them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cytang)
    Well you might be right but as long as there's no rejection letter, you are still fighting for an offer! Good luck then I guess, It's long out of our hands...
    True. It's just painful! Thank you very much, you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    True. It's just painful! Thank you very much, you too
    Yeah I was down and seriously disheartened... Cambridge is the only varsity that I applied to abroad... though I have my local offers. But my friends and family were really supportive and I managed to finally get up on my feet despite the week long torture... Just hope for the best and may your effort be fruitful

ReputationRep:
    Dear Minerva,

I was fished for Geography earlier today by Lucy Cavendish. What confuses me is that the offer is for 2014 - which I didn't apply for. I want to start this year, as I already finished secondary schooling in November. Is there anyting I can do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    To anybody who's interested, I emailed my college (Magdalene) on Monday night asking for news, and today at about 11 I got a reply. It says that they can't tell me anything yet as 'Decisions on Winter Pool applicants are still being made at this stage' but that 'you should be hearing the outcome of your application by the start of next week'.
    I have decided to interpret this as an almost definite rejection, they just can't tell me yet for some unknown reason. We've definitely established that almost all of the decisions have been made. This just makes no sense...

I wonder if you have the famous "B" marking?

ReputationRep:
    Well i just got my rejection letter for classics at newnahm :/ i guess id rather have it sooner than later.

Good luck to the rest of you, now I'm gonna go make my mark on the world without cams help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Question Mark)
    I heard the exact same thing as that guy did when I phoned Jesus on Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Question Mark)
    I wondered this too, but then realised it was rather pointless. What will be will be

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they do actually make further decisions at this point? Even the winter pooling document is a tad ambiguous.

ReputationRep:
    The other Phys Nat Scis are dropping like flies... I very much doubt that this time tomorrow i'll still be swimming :/

ReputationRep:
    Guys in the winter pool - don't get down and keep focused, i was in that myself and it all worked out ok in the end

the thing is its easy to get so stressed and worried but really, at the end of the day these things are out of our control so we should just hang tight and cross our fingers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I called up my college (Downing) today and asked for news, they then emailed me my rejection letter...for anyone else applying to Downing, I think they posted it (I especially asked email) and it was dated 8th Jan if that's any help.
    It owuld be awesome if theyd reconsider maybe some time later in January, but I guess I've left the pond now good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisgame)
    The other Phys Nat Scis are dropping like flies... I very much doubt that this time tomorrow i'll still be swimming :/
    Same, the other phys nat sci at my school was rejected today, just me left...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambridge_please)
    I got in...for next year!!!!!! What the hell i'm already 19...they want me to be 21...should I go? It's Lucy Cavendish.
    The same happened to me! Did you apply for a deferred entry? I didn't! This is confusing:s

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.