Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atropos)
    is there a day they are the most likely to call you on ?
    today (after 3), tomorrow and monday from the info given. apparently thry can still call you after this point but chances diminish.....

ReputationRep:
    I phoned my college after being pooled to ask whether they could consider my application for deferred entry because of getting an internship i mentioned on the SAQ and they said they STILL couldn't do that.. Any idea why? Also, they wrote 'we will let you know as soon as there is news of the final outcome' - if they're going to write, does that mean that no other college has picked me anyway? Should I just prepare for a rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Question Mark)
    today (after 3), tomorrow and monday from the info given. apparently thry can still call you after this point but chances diminish.....
    So what are the "calling hours" (from when to when) ?

ReputationRep:
    I guess it is after 3 today and working hours from tomorrow onwards. .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dornam)
    how does this pooling work for EU applicants? i applied to churchill and they would not send me an email with the decision because they said they are busy with the pool. Usually the mail will take up about 7 days to arrive to me from UK and as far as I know the interviews for pooled applicants are next Friday. What should i do considering I have no clue about the outcome of the decision?
    That's a bit harsh. In that case, all you can do is wait. If you have been pooled and then fished you will hear anyway over the next few days; if you were unsuccessful it may show up on Track quite soon (this has happened in the past). I'd suggest ringing them again on Monday or Tuesday, when they won't be as busy as they are today. You are unlikely to be recalled for interview as an EU applicant, so don't worry too much about the interview dates. If they do decide to call you in you will hear in the next day or so anyway.

is there a day they are the most likely to call you on ?
    Can't say. The interview invitation 'window' lasts a couple of days, and it will be up to each college/admissions tutor to decide how and when to get hold of anyone they are calling back; direct offers may hear soon or may hear later. No way of knowing in advance, I'm afraid.

(Original post by Question Mark)
    That's for interviews - direct offers can come in for some days after that.

(Original post by ingénue)
    I phoned my college after being pooled to ask whether they could consider my application for deferred entry because of getting an internship i mentioned on the SAQ and they said they STILL couldn't do that.. Any idea why? Also, they wrote 'we will let you know as soon as there is news of the final outcome' - if they're going to write, does that mean that no other college has picked me anyway? Should I just prepare for a rejection?
    It sounds like they may have already relinquished all claim to you, so any decision about deferred entry would sit with a fishing college, if there is one in your case. Your original college won't know for sure if you've been fished or not until later on today. How quickly they then act on this information, assuming you haven't been fished, is up to them. Some colleges (King's is one) have been notably quick in past years in sending out rejection emails to people who weren't fished. If you have been fished, you'll hear directly from the fishing college, in which case you can have the conversation about deferred entry then.

There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern - varies hugely by college and subject. As I say, use of email, sometimes at very random hours, is becoming more common. When I first started 'watching' the Pool, phone calls were the most usual means of conveying news of offers or interviews but that does seem to be changing. As I've suggested above, college bursars were probably cutting up rough about phone bills, especially as many people give mobile numbers rather than land lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern_Ireland)
    Pooled by King's for HSPS. UMS was 95.5%. Best of luck everybody.
    We meet again! Pooled by King's for HSPS as well. Was quite sad at first, but I still feel hopeful! We did after all have 98 initial applicants for 9 places! Tough competition :/ Best of luck guys!!

ReputationRep:
    Pooled by Trinity College for Compsci, not autopooled, what are my chances of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivzcly)
    Pooled by Trinity College for Compsci, not autopooled, what are my chances of getting in?
    I think that because they actually pooled you because they liked you, and not on the simple basis of test scores, perhaps inherently heightens your chances! Just an op.

ReputationRep:
    Does this mean they are working on sunday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melzel)
    Some of them will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melzel)
    yes ;d the colleges "fight" between each other so they try to do it as quick as possible, at least that's the assumption I've got after reading all that stuff about pooling (i might be wrong, listen to Minerva he knows a lot more )

ReputationRep:
    Fair to say after 3pm today the refresh button is going to be used excessively on my emails....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    x
    hi do you know if, after the application process is all over, rejected candidates are able to find out what score and rating the college gave the interview and if we are given any feedback?

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    yes ;d the colleges "fight" between each other so they try to do it as quick as possible, at least that's the assumption I've got after reading all that stuff about pooling (i might be wrong, listen to Minerva he knows a lot more )
    He? He???

The Pool is now finished - all decisions about who gets an immediate offer and who gets invited back for interview have been made. What we are now waiting for is the colleges to get the final lists (will happen by 3pm this afternoon) after which those people who have been fished will start to hear about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPJY)
    hi do you know if, after the application process is all over, rejected candidates are able to find out what score and rating the college gave the interview and if we are given any feedback?
    Yes you can get feedback, though I don't know how specific it will be. It may have changed, but the system used to be that the feedback was sent to the referee, at least for people applying through schools/colleges. Were you asked on your SAQ if you wanted feedback? If you were and said you did, they will follow that up in due course if you are unsuccessful. If not, you could email them in a couple of weeks if the need arises.

(Original post by JKA17)
    :ditto:
    see above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    He? He???

The Pool is now finished - all decisions about who gets an immediate offer and who gets invited back for interview have been made. What we are now waiting for is the colleges to get the final lists (will happen by 3pm this afternoon) after which those people who have been fished will start to hear about it.
    Ahh this is so nerve-wracking! Thanks for keeping us updated, Minerva (which is most definitely a FEMININE name ahah). If you don't mind me asking, are you currently a student at Cambridge? It's fantastic that you know so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goingforitall)
    Ahh this is so nerve-wracking! Thanks for keeping us updated, Minerva (which is most definitely a FEMININE name ahah). If you don't mind me asking, are you currently a student at Cambridge? It's fantastic that you know so much!
    Nope, they turned me down (fools :tongue:) many moons ago.

ReputationRep:
    If we are called, who will actually make the call? I thought all the colleges' admissions team do not work over the weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All the decision have been made but some colleges only start to contact the applicants a few days later?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.