Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennyhj)
    Dear Minerva,

I was fished for Geography earlier today by Lucy Cavendish. What confuses me is that the offer is for 2014 - which I didn't apply for. I want to start this year, as I already finished secondary schooling in November. Is there anyting I can do?
    Oh shucks! Same boat as me...is it unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 777edr777)
    Hi guys, I called up my college (Downing) today and asked for news, they then emailed me my rejection letter...for anyone else applying to Downing, I think they posted it (I especially asked email) and it was dated 8th Jan if that's any help.
    It owuld be awesome if theyd reconsider maybe some time later in January, but I guess I've left the pond now good luck everyone!
    Really sorry to hear that At least you have closure and you know you're still a great applicant! If they sent me a rejection it should really have arrived by now since I don't live far away, always tomorrow's post Which course did you apply for at Downing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savethegoldfish)
    Same, the other phys nat sci at my school was rejected today, just me left...
    I think it'd be kidding ourselves to think this was a good sign...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, If I still have no news, does this mean my chances are good or bad? got pooled for Economics by Downing btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Hi guys, If I still have no news, does this mean my chances are good or bad? got pooled for Economics by Downing btw.
    I still haven't heard anything and I got pooled by Queens' for Economics, not many Economics students on the thread though so quite hard to tell what's happening

ReputationRep:
    Dear Minerva,

I was fished for Geography earlier today by Lucy Cavendish. What confuses me is that the offer is for 2014 - which I didn't apply for. I want to start this year, as I already finished secondary schooling in November. Is there anyting I can do?
    Not really - double check with them that it is definitely supposed to be for 2014 entry and then if they say yes then if you want to go to Cambridge you'll have to wait until 2014. If you accept that offer you can't then apply to other universities in the UK when the new application cycle opens in September.

Sometimes universities do give strong applicants an offer for the following year if they really want the applicant but know that they can't take them for the upcoming cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_Leaney)
    I still haven't heard anything and I got pooled by Queens' for Economics, not many Economics students on the thread though so quite hard to tell what's happening
    Don't worry, none of us know what's happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    I'll send you them in a PM; I can't remember them all so I've got to go get my results sheet.

Yeah unconditionals are pretty good But now I feel like I don't have to work that hard... do you think I should still sit STEP? Because, otherwise I am going to have something silly like 1 or 2 exams in June!

I thought I did quite well at interview though... and they seemed pleased with my answers. Don't know what went wrong

Thank you!
    Why wouldn't you do STEP anyway for the sake of it. It's fun and will prepare you well for a Mathematics course at any University. Furthermore, if you manage to get really good grades, then you could perhaps reapply to Cambridge, if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    Why, exactly, must they take so much time sorting out the pool?

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone, in case it is helpful, i re-sorted the stats that Minerva posted this morning, by college that pooled you. When you look at it like this, it is easy to see which colleges have sent rejections and which have not bothered yet.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdfcampooljan10.pdf (69.9 KB, 510 views)

ReputationRep:
    *recieves e-mail* : Something has changed on your UCAS application

1st thought: OMG CAMBRIDGE HAVE GIVEN ME AN OFFER
    2nd thought: Actually it may be a rejection..either way atleast it will be closure..

*hectic 5 minutes trying to locate Personal ID, Username and Password*
    *Read message*

.......Interview at Nottingham :rolleyes:

Didn't even know that Track could be used to inform of interviews :P

Been having a browse through the thread, quite a few colleges seem to be handing out the rejections today Anyone fellow Jesus poolees heard anything? Anything at all? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambridge_please)
    Oh shucks! Same boat as me...is it unconditional?

Sort of - I've met the conditions that they gave me (received my IB results a couple of days ago). Is your's unconditional? And which course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gringamom)
    hi everyone, in case it is helpful, i re-sorted the stats that Minerva posted this morning, by college that pooled you. When you look at it like this, it is easy to see which colleges have sent rejections and which have not bothered yet.
    Is this official or why am I not in it (Magdalene - HSPS) - pooled, but no offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cytang)
    What about international medical applicants?? I think UK government set a quota that Cambridge can only admit 7.5% of us, a total of 21 over all medic applicants. Caius college could only admit 2 so I got pooled and swimming since then... heard that Caius is really slow in sending out decisions...
    Hmmm I didn't know there was a separate quote for med students.....it seems we're stuck in the same boat my friend, my college seems pretty slow too.....and I mean SLOOOWWW......people didn't start getting rejection letters until the last week of January If you want, you can e-mail them, requesting that they send their response letter via e-mail rather than by post to help try and speed up the process.....not much though you can do after that I'm afraid....

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Dear Minerva,

When you filled in the SAQ, did you tick the box saying 'consider me for 2014 entry'? Most people do it without realising, and so that could be why you got it.

It's still an offer, so congrats!

ReputationRep:
    I got pooled by King's for HSPS, still no news !

ReputationRep:
    Sort of - I've met the conditions that they gave me (received my IB results a couple of days ago). Is your's unconditional? And which course?
    Nope I need an A* in Further Maths ...Engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray)
    I don't think they're meaning to neg you. I nearly did it to someone the other day when they said they'd been rejected. It's like a reflex "opposite of like" - I think people forget that it negs your rep rather than just saying "Oh, that's not good".
    Not really the orthodox modus operandi, but then there aren't any set rules.

Personally I think it's better to write a response if you want to show support...
    (Original post by cambridge_please)
    Nope I need an A* in Further Maths ...Engineering
    Engineering is one of the subjects that they prefer applicants to take (useful) gap years. Whether or not that interests you is personal but it's definitely a positive sign (even if you are annoyed by the conditions).

ReputationRep:
    Just been drowned by Caius for Land Economy. Good luck to those still waiting/being interviewed these couple of days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdTong)
    Selwyn natsci physical, rejected from pool via email. Good luck to everyone else still waiting. I am at peace.
    International? Ooh, it's begun! Commiserations though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.