Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Question Mark)
    offer from Warwick and UCL. Not decided yet.......both are good. waiting for LSE.

your right Iwill t ake Lse if that comes through.

I share the stress bro. still suffering but you seem more relaxed on here ..........
    wow well done! Warwick and UCL are great and are still haven't given me replies. honestly the difference between one of them and Cambridge is marginal. by all means reapply if you want but i think you will end up very happy at UCL/Warwick

ReputationRep:
    so nervous still haven't heard anything,
    applied for engineering at caius
    anyone else pooled for engineering ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamil78613)
    Damn, why did i ask? Lol. Joke, you did amazing!!! I know people that have offers with less than that in their BMAT. I feel embarassed to say now, but yeah my BMAT went bad: 6.3, 5.8, 2A. However i do have A*A*A*aa at A level and a UMS average of over 95% across my 3 relevant A level subjects. Oh yeah and i was pooled by Girton By the way, are you Intl?
    You mean international? yes i am from singapore. are you international?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicinefrantic)
    You mean international? yes i am from singapore. are you international?
    Oh okay, no I am not international. When did you hear that you'd been pooled?

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone, i posted a pdf earlier with the stats from yesterday, sorted by pooling college. I am posting it again as a spreadsheet to make it easy to edit and sort in different ways. The data are from the table that Minerva made, compiled from this thread up to Jan 10.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsxcampooljan10.xlsx (57.7 KB, 238 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamil78613)
    Oh okay, no I am not international. When did you hear that you'd been pooled?
    Oh i knew about it after i emailed them. Think it was on mon when i decided to email them. emma replied promtly. The letter came in a few days later..

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I am an international student and applied for Engineering and got pooled but still heard no news . Is there chance I'll be invited to the interview? In case of rejection, when do they usually inform about that? Same question about offer, do they inform about it in January?
    I'm just a little bit nervous, they gave me 1 week-notice before the actual interview and I didn't have visa at the time ( in our country it takes up to 3 weeks to issue visa) , as a result I was put into Winter pool. Did someone have similar situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyandbeyond)
    It seems like everyone has heard something... D: I've heard nothing since my initial pooling email Applied to Fitz for PBS, pooled, and then nothing.

Feels like I'm a little fish swimming in the ocean, not just a pool, so lost. Anyone else in the same situation
    (Original post by alexbumpoo)
    so nervous still haven't heard anything,
    applied for engineering at caius
    anyone else pooled for engineering ?
    (Original post by cainmma)
    Hi everyone! I am an international student and applied for Engineering and got pooled but still heard no news . Is there chance I'll be invited to the interview? In case of rejection, when do they usually inform about that? Same question about offer, do they inform about it in January?
    I'm just a little bit nervous, they gave me 1 week-notice before the actual interview and I didn't have visa at the time ( in our country it takes up to 3 weeks to issue visa) , as a result I was put into Winter pool. Did someone have similar situation?
    dont worry, most of us havent heard. there is no way of knowing what this means as the college are quite slow in responding so you may have an offer or a rejection but not know yet. and you cant predict when you will hear. keep waiting! no chance for interviews at this point, anyway they dont interview pooled international applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Odd that the Oxfordians hear before some of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    A part of me wishes I'd applied there instead...

/blasphemy

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you swimmers know, I'm still watching this thread for news of my friends, everything crossed for you all. Hope you get some blooming good news today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    At least we can say it is 'normal' in the previous years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noonoo)
    Just to let you swimmers know, I'm still watching this thread for news of my friends, everything crossed for you all. Hope you get some blooming good news today.
    I hope we don't let you down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cainmma)
    Your situation is unusual. I suppose they could have considered offering you a Skype interview, but, if they were going to do this, I would have expected you to have heard by now. So I'm afraid you are now in the waiting game like everyone else

ReputationRep:
    The waiting game is even more depressing now that everyone is hearing from Oxford and we're still left hanging in the balance!

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for the miracle to happen...Those Oxford offers are driving me to my deepest insanity!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Argh... Just drowned for Physical Natural sciences for Queens'.
    Thanks everyone in this thread, it's been a really good way to remove some of the stress.
    Good luck to everyone still swimming, hope it all goes well for you!

Now I need to decide what to do... I have a Nottingham and York offer, but i've only really been set on Cambridge..

ReputationRep:
    Good morning all

Latest update report added to the first post here. As I have a bit more time today I have added two tables to the regular format - one with outcomes by pooling college and subject, and one by pooling college.

Good luck to today's interviewees. If they don't tell you when you'll hear, it's usually safe to assume that it won't be until next week.

For the medics still waiting - it seems that the pattern from last year is repeating itself; ie, that many of you are still in limbo. I do hope that the admissions tutors will get on with making their final decisions, but it makes sense to assume that the final moderation meetings won't happen until after any re-interviews.

the tl;dr version for today:

331 posted on their own account
    75 direct offers (three people retrieved by their preference college)
    32 people invited to 35 interviews
    46 rejections confirmed - most colleges feature here now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisgame)
    Thanks everyone in this thread, it's been a really good way to remove some of the stress.

Now I need to decide what to do... I have a Nottingham and York offer, but i've only really been set on Cambridge..
    Commiserations, but those are both good unis with lots to offer, so onwards and upwards

Edit: just as well you posted - found I'd counted you twice :o:

Edit2: Have posted an amended version of today's report now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisgame)

Sorry to hear about that. Did you not apply to imperial? IC has almost the same reputation as cambridge in the field of physics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.