The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Drowned by Caius for Engineering... Damn. I've got Imperial and UCL already and am applying to the US too so still some exciting decisions ahead!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm now officially a Cambridge reject.

... hey Durham :thumbsup:
Reply 4662
:/ this feels awful. Trying to figure out how I'm going to find the motivation to revise...
Reply 4663
anyone heard from caius yet? pooled but haven't heard anything yet
Original post by KD35
:/ this feels awful. Trying to figure out how I'm going to find the motivation to revise...

My motivation's coming in the form of "Operation Prove Them Wrong" :tongue:

Reading through this thread... wow. So much drowning.
So many damn rejections :frown:
Reply 4666
Original post by KD35
Thanks. Were you lucky enough to get fished?

nope.
Just got rejected from pembroke for natsci bio...... :frown: was too poor to go anyway so :/
Reply 4667
Original post by wrexhamfc
My motivation's coming in the form of "Operation Prove Them Wrong" :tongue:

Reading through this thread... wow. So much drowning.

I think I'm more annoyed as I didn't believe I could get an interview, and then I didn't believe I'd get anything but a rejection on the 4th Jan but after that I started believing and I failed.

Hope kills a man! :frown:
Reply 4668
At least in future years it won't coincide with the exam period, as you guys are the last to have January AS/A2 exams.
Reply 4669
i believe in life after drowning!
Reply 4670
Original post by joyie
nope.
Just got rejected from pembroke for natsci bio...... :frown: was too poor to go anyway so :/

:frown:

I havent felt this sort of failure for ages..
Getting an interview and getting pooled made me feel invincible, but now, I've got a rejection and I feel down. All that waiting led to this..
Rejected by Sidney Sussex for HSPS - I feel free! Best of luck to anyone else still waiting, I won't miss having to stalk this thread every few minutes!
Reply 4672
Original post by KD35
:frown:

I havent felt this sort of failure for ages..
Getting an interview and getting pooled made me feel invincible, but now, I've got a rejection and I feel down. All that waiting led to this..

i know right? but having to apply so early (sept 9th for me) and doing all the extra cam forms and especially the interview, really helped me figure out where my interests were and what i wanna do with life. so i dont like to think of it as a waste of time... altho i did miss my class tour cos of my interview :/ which is sad cos its my last year with all my wonderful school friends and everyone got to share that memory apart from me :frown:
Reply 4673
Original post by aakd

Can I ask why they would increase the STEP offer even more if you take a gap year?

Because they don't really want you to take a gap year for Maths. You need to keep progressing on a steep trajectory. But, more-so because they are looking for raw potential.

Normally the 1,1 offer accompanies having to do 3 or 4 A-levels at the same time. With more time to prepare for STEP, you need to score higher to demonstrate that you have the same potential as a student who is sitting it in Year 13.
Reply 4674
Original post by rajiv.dua07
Drowned by Caius for Engineering... Damn. I've got Imperial and UCL already and am applying to the US too so still some exciting decisions ahead!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

How did you find out? I'm also waiting to hear from Caius but for English rather than Engineering.
Reply 4675
Pooled by Caius for Law... The wait is unbearable.
Reply 4676
has any medic heard yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4677
Original post by joyie
i know right? but having to apply so early (sept 9th for me) and doing all the extra cam forms and especially the interview, really helped me figure out where my interests were and what i wanna do with life. so i dont like to think of it as a waste of time... altho i did miss my class tour cos of my interview :/ which is sad cos its my last year with all my wonderful school friends and everyone got to share that memory apart from me :frown:

I suppose it made my application much stronger than it would have been but I just feel so dejected. I was overconfident and couldn't foresee any other possibility or at least I chose to ignore the possibility of being rejected, now it's hit hard..

It has also helped me realise I'm not that into Economics lol. I wouldn't worry about that, it's not like it was the last time you were going to see eachother. Spend time with friends and make new memories :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4678
Original post by puchowsijk
Homerton has officially rejected me for Linguistics, by post.

The system is awful. I will leave it there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear about that. :frown: I am also a linguistics fish, not being very hopeful right now as everyone is getting their rejection letters, the waiting game is driving me insane. :frown:
Reply 4679
Omg. Just realised. Today is the 11th so basically if you don't get a letter either tomorrow, monday or tuesday, then you've basically been rejected... Oh dear...

Latest

Trending

Trending