Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacemenrule94)
    Found out via UCAS Track that the other colleges let me drown for HSPS, and Downing didn't take me back, so I guess this is goodbye for now, kids.

The last week waiting in the pool was made so much more bearable by the rest of you fish in a similar state of limbo posting on this thread, so thank you.

As for me, I'm now coming to a university near you! (If you're going to Edinburgh, Leeds, Glasgow or Bath....)

So, final words (this feels like the opposite of an Oscar acceptance speech, on dear):

To those who drowned in the pool, we had a good run. Cambridge wouldn't have put us there if we didn't have a chance of getting a place. We're going on to bigger and better things, I promise you.

To those who are still waiting, don't lose hope. There's every chance you might get in, and if you do, I'll be cheering for you from my slightly-less-prestigious-but-nonetheless-fantastic university

Until we meet again
    Spacemenrule94 x
    Finding out by track is like getting dumped via facebook or twitter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namod)
    Subject Engineering
    And I applied another college but got pooled to Girton. So now I think I have really small chance. And my UMS is not as good as the people here. :mad:
    OK - I'm afraid you're probably right about your chances, but it ain't over until it's over.

(Original post by JKA17)
    I propose a party at Durham for all us poolees who end up there.
    Great idea - it'll be well-attended - and a lot of fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andypoole163)
    yeah got it on tuesday and drowned today, you?
    Well congratulations and commiserations at the same time I am sure you will love love love Durham. Yeah I have an offer creepily I got it on the same day as my Cambridge interview. I have not yet drowned, but pretty sure I will do soon and Magdalene are just awful at communicating! Or as my sister puts it 'pooheads'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honggau)
    That's the end of it
    Thanks all of you guys for a great journey!
    Did they e-mail you back?

ReputationRep:

"It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"

Rocky puts it better than any Cambridge academic could.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in favour for a tsr 2013 Poolies user group? I would hate for us all to forget the journey we've been through together and it'd be good to show that after all this we've still been successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    Anyone in favour for a tsr 2013 Poolies user group? I would hate for us all to forget the journey we've been through together and it'd be good to show that after all this we've still been successful.
    Great idea! Sorry to hear of your rejection man. Just remember, the future's bright...the future's Silver

ReputationRep:
    No. Accept it and let it go man No big deal!

ReputationRep:
    During my reinterviews none of the three interviewers seemed to take any notes, and only one of them seemed had read my file previously... Is this a bad sign? Because at my first interview they seemed to be writing essays on me :L

ReputationRep:
    I just had me phys natsci interview at Fitz today, some of them were fine, some of them weren't really. Anyway, Does anyone have any idea when are colleges going to start giving out decisions after pool interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Great idea! Sorry to hear of your rejection man. Just remember, the future's bright...the future's Silver
    I like this. I like this very much.

Keep cool. I hope you get a great degree from LSE and enjoy your time there.

ReputationRep:
    Minerva- Had an interview at Murray Edwards today. Any idea when they let you know of their decisions...? And will it be via letter? I don't want an email

ReputationRep:
    I like this. I like this very much.

Keep cool. I hope you get a great degree from LSE and enjoy your time there.
    Right back at you!

I have actually applied to Durham...

ReputationRep:
    So... i was sorting through a box of old things today and found an old old sample of upholstery fabric from who knows when. The pattern was some sort of coat of arms on a red background, with the quote "alea iacta est".
    Now, if you have got so far in this thread, you probably know what that means, and you may also know that Julius Caesar uttered these words in the year 49 BC, but did you know that it was on January 10 of that year?

ReputationRep:
    I am very late to this wealth of information and accept that my youngster (a mature and affiliated applicant) is now very unlikely to get a direct offer at this very late stage (no re-interview offers after being placed in the pool).

As my youngster applied to a mature college that has only has one applicant fished every two years in the appropriate course, being fished is extremely unlikely, especially with no invitation to a re-interview.

Do Minerva or any of the other resident experts have facts or opinions about how things work for mature and affiliated applicants apart from the fact that they are considered in a separate pool?

Are they flattered by being put into the pool more frequently than "normal" applicants? Are they officially culled later than regular applicants? What is the general lag between pooled applicants from other colleges being made direct offers and applicants being placed in the pool by the same college receiving their rejections?

The TSR cohort seem to represent a 10% sample size of the Winter Pool. If that is correct, all of the direct offers that will be made have already been made.

My offspring has 4 other very good (but not as good as Cambridge) unconditional offers but we would really like some closure.

ReputationRep:
    (I like this idea)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern_Ireland)
    During my reinterviews none of the three interviewers seemed to take any notes, and only one of them seemed had read my file previously... Is this a bad sign? Because at my first interview they seemed to be writing essays on me :L
    I don't see any reason why it should be. At most they're choosing between two or three of you, whereas before they were interviewing a lot of people over several days (and may have had more than one panel of two involved) so detailed notes would have been important then.

(Original post by josephtsui)
    I just had me phys natsci interview at Fitz today, some of them were fine, some of them weren't really. Anyway, Does anyone have any idea when are colleges going to start giving out decisions after pool interviews?
    (Original post by sarah-madeline)
    Minerva- Had an interview at Murray Edwards today. Any idea when they let you know of their decisions...? And will it be via letter? I don't want an email
    In previous years people have both been phoned if they've been successful, and have waited ages for letters if not. The original college is the one that has to confirm you've been unsuccessful, and some re-interviewing colleges are lazy/inconsiderate about doing their own dirty work. Although they can't give you the official outcome, they could at least have the courtesy to let you know that your formal rejection letter is coming (and some colleges do).

How quickly they'll get back to you is impossible to say. It presumably depends on who else they're interviewing, how much conversation there needs to be about overall numbers across the university, and how difficult it is for them to pick!

ReputationRep:
    This whole process is so so frustrating, had a reinterview and now I'm looking at another week of waiting smack bang in the middle of exams... I guess I'm just really impatient but.... I just want an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andypoole163)
    Just drowned, history applicant for Christ's. Got an offer from Durham so just happy that the wait is over. Best of luck to everyone still swimming, hope it works out the way you want
    See you at Durham! Which college have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there any possibility that medics can get offers now without interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.