Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamijyo touma)
    Yeah. Pooled by Robinson and still waiting. I guessed from the email you have got they have yet to make the final decision, hopefully? Good luck.
    Good luck to you too, i think that we've still got a lot of waiting to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarakrz)
    Hey everyone, I decided to send an email to my original college to ask whether the decision for my application had been made, as I did not get an interview and have not been contacted since the 4th. I applied to Fitzwilliam to read History of art and they answered that they should know a final decision on my application by the 25th January. What could this mean? I just find it strange they would answer that given the fact they finalized their decisions about a week ago...
    For the most part, yes they will have done, but there will still be a few decisions outstanding. There are a few possible scenarios here: they're just being lazy getting their rejection letters out (and that is the most likely, I'm afraid); you're on their reserve list while they wait and see what they thought of the candidates they re-interviewed (if there were any, we don't know); or you are one of the legendary 'B's and Fitz are waiting on another college to make a final decision about you. There is technically a fourth scenario, which is that some other college agreed on 3rd/4th January to make you a direct offer but hasn't yet, though that is really very unlikely now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarakrz)
    Hey everyone, I decided to send an email to my original college to ask whether the decision for my application had been made, as I did not get an interview and have not been contacted since the 4th. I applied to Fitzwilliam to read History of art and they answered that they should know a final decision on my application by the 25th January. What could this mean? I just find it strange they would answer that given the fact they finalized their decisions about a week ago...
    Exactly the same for me!! Fitzwilliam for PBS, pooled, heard nothing and then told we have to wait even longer. D:
    I think it may be that we are either being considered by Fitz themselves, who may give us an offer after all, or that another college is interested in us, but is interviewing poolees, seeing whether they want them first. If they decide that they like us better, we hopefully will be made an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wanted to add myself to the stats as i have been following a little and also maybe warn any people that have applied to girton that they may get their decisions soon. I got pooled by girton for chem eng via phys natural sciences and got a rejection via ucas track about an hour ago. Good luck everyone left !!
    & also thanks very much minerva for putting this whole thing together. it has been very reassuring

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just been rejected via UCAS. The funny thing is I don't even care. If Cambridge think they can treat people like this just because they're Cambridge then I don't want to go there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I received my rejection from Selwyn for bio nat sci this afternoon. Got home after my chemistry exam to find it :/ but I am honestly just relieved, I am happy not to have the pressure, and happy to know I was almost good enough

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected by Girton for Maths .... I initially applied there....n they made me wait a week to hear it!...n I haven't gt the letter yet tho...it got updated on ucas track :'(

ReputationRep:
    Well it is officially over! My track just changed to unsuccessful - the most cruel way!
    Surprisingly not that upset more relieved really!

Good luck to everyone else, hope it works out for you!

Law pooled by Selwyn btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisebee)
    Hi just wanted to add myself to the stats as i have been following a little and also maybe warn any people that have applied to girton that they may get their decisions soon. I got pooled by girton for chem eng via phys natural sciences and got a rejection via ucas track about an hour ago. Good luck everyone left !!
    & also thanks very much minerva for putting this whole thing together. it has been very reassuring
    Glad it was helpful.

(Original post by Ann4)
    Just been rejected via UCAS. The funny thing is I don't even care. If Cambridge think they can treat people like this just because they're Cambridge then I don't want to go there.
    Completely.

To both of you - Cambridge's loss, not yours.

Shameful behaviour, to let that happen. A letter is not exactly a difficult thing to produce, and could have been emailed if the colleges were that pushed for time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeeGee3)
    Just got rejected by Girton for Maths .... I initially applied there....n they made me wait a week to hear it!...n I haven't gt the letter yet tho...it got updated on ucas track :'(
    (Original post by Halleb9)
    Well it is officially over! My track just changed to unsuccessful - the most cruel way!

Law pooled by Selwyn btw
    Well, it's looking like the wooden spoon of shame is jointly awarded to Girton and Selwyn this year.

If this wasn't a family show ..... instead, I'll just call them 'so-and-sos'. But you all know which word I'm probably using behind the scenes :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Halleb9)

Law pooled by Selwyn btw
    I got pooled by Selwyn and my track just updated too, but I got a letter in the post earlier as well. Hope it works our for you wherever you end up- where do you want to go?

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Trinity for Land Economy!!! Just got it by email after having two reinterviews on Friday! Impossibly hard offer though... Best of luck for the rest of you!!

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Murray Edwards after re-interview
    This thread has been the only reason I made it through this process, so a massive thank you to everyone who has taken the time to answer questions - you've all been amazing and every single one of you deserves good news.
    Good luck to all the fish still swimming!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I've been drowned. I had a feeling this was just postponed rejection... Oh well. All things considered, I was lucky to even get this far. Still hurts though.

Minerva, thank you for volunteering your own time and effort to help us through the pooling process. This thread was useful. It was actually nice going somewhere (between checking my voicemail, post and inbox), where I could relate to others throughout all the anxiety and uncertainty. There wasn't really anywhere else I could do it, and I think I'd have gone (even more ) insane on my own.

Best of luck to you all, wherever you go

ReputationRep:
    Daughter pooled by Queen's on 4th January, no news at all since. No re-interview nothing, BUT, just had a phone call giving her an open offer for Vet Science. It can still happen. Good luck everyone else swimming in that pool!

ReputationRep:
    Drowned, PBS, St John, a general letter as requested via email, for your stats.

Thank you everyone!

But I will soon forget this hehe

ReputationRep:
    I uess all those that just got update on ucas track but haven't got letters yet will prob get the letter tomorrow ...I feel kinda upset but relieved at the same time....I guess itll take a few days to pass to get over the rejection since Cambridge was a dream :'( ah well guess its Wariwick from here on now! ...its just the case of finding the motivation to do STEP now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mp1995)
    Offer from Trinity for Land Economy!!! Just got it by email after having two reinterviews on Friday! Impossibly hard offer though... Best of luck for the rest of you!!
    (Original post by Littlefoot)
    Offer from Murray Edwards after re-interview
    This thread has been the only reason I made it through this process, so a massive thank you to everyone who has taken the time to answer questions - you've all been amazing and every single one of you deserves good news.
    Good luck to all the fish still swimming!
    Congratulations to both of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeeGee3)

I'm sorry Head up though, you'll have a blast wherever you go.

For anyone wondering why they are being rejected by the college they applied to after being pooled, that's just the way it works., even if your 'pool' was rejected by another college. It's not that they've just kept your file for a week.

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for getting me through the past painful week .... I'm gonna sign off now! n good luck to all those still swimming

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.