Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    How very nice and considerate of him - would that they were all like that!
    Yes thank goodness- he could've just ignored the email, and that would have been fine. I had to say something, because I kept obsessing about how bad the interview was, and actually lost sleep over it. I'm just happy to have some kind of closure, even though I'm still waiting on the result of the aforementioned disastrous interview

Maz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverDawn)
    Ah, not this year, I was rejected. I wish you the best of luck there! And I am not really sad, I will go there for postgraduate
    Oh dear. But yes, there is always that.
    Plus, I'm sure you will do great wherever you end up for your undergraduate. Which university/ies are you thinking of?
    And thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pr100)
    If any pooled applicants could let me know as soon as they heard word back on the decisions from their pooled college could you contact me. Thanks
    *I was pooled by Girton and had an interview on saturday for medicine and am DYING to hear!
    Hey, when you say you were pooled by Girton, do you mean that you originally applied there and were reinterviewed by a different college? Or do you mean the opposite?

Thanks
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Minerva-- I suspect you have already answered this heavy question,( can't find an answer though), but what's your general advice on reapplying for the same course next year please? Would Cambridge look unfavourably on this second application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trin67)
    Minerva-- I suspect you have already answered this heavy question,( can't find an answer though), but what's your general advice on reapplying for the same course next year please? Would Cambridge look unfavourably on this second application?
    Not necessarily - but you would need to be clear about the ways in which you need to strengthen your application compared with this year - it won't just be about your actual or potential grades. Generally, it is advised that people should apply to a different college second time round.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that's helpful and I can see applying to another college makes sense. Oh but what a thought --all this again and maybe the horrors of the pooling that go with it....And it's only 9 or 10 months away!!! I appreciate your reply-- many thanks!

(Original post by trin67)
      Nope, if anything they would probably prefer you apply for the same course if you reapply, because it shows that you are actually sure of the subject, rather than undecided.

However, beyond knowing you have applied before, I do not think they know what subject or college you applied to in the previous year. If you've got any questions, send them my way, I was a re-applicant. Send them on PM or on a different thread though.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Stray)
      Obviously I can only speculate, but I know that Kings have a reputation for being among the most prompt and efficient in letting people know what their situation is.

That would suggest that either an email or letter has been sent but not arrived, or you're one of the 'B' marked students at another college, who are still deliberating, or have been slow returning your file.

Which of course still isn't an answer!
      Thanks, guess the answer is to keep calm and carry on swimming

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DanishPastry)
      I got an offer from York as well, so maybe I'll be seeing you there, if I make that choice.
      Yay! What subject is it? this is exciting as most people on here are off to Duhram or one of the London unis!

ReputationRep:
      Have there been any rejections from Fitz yet? Or might they be waiting for the 25th to send out decisions?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jackkkkk)
      Well Done ) See you at Corpus in October !!
      Thanks I guess I will do

ReputationRep:
      Drowned by letter today- Fitzwilliam Geography

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by j.or)
      Drowned by letter today- Fitzwilliam Geography
      Sorry to hear that. After re-interview?

ReputationRep:
      Dear Minerva, I didn't receive the cambridge's decision letter even until now neither did I receive any track letter from UCAS. Am I maked as a "B" student?

BTW, I have sent letters to CLARE, and faculty there didn't reply me as well as she usually will reply my other messages.

ReputationRep:
      When will they send replies for med? :confused:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by medicdude)
      Commiserations when/how did you hear?
      I heard yesterday by email, but at least they sent me a nice email not just a rejection through track.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Shirleybear)
      Dear Minerva, I didn't receive the cambridge's decision letter even until now neither did I receive any track letter from UCAS. Am I maked as a "B" student?

BTW, I have sent letters to CLARE, and faculty there didn't reply me as well as she usually will reply my other messages.
      There's no way of knowing - particularly as we don't know if you have been pooled in the first place.

I think you should email Clare again, and if that doesn't work try the Cambridge Admissions Office, explaining that you have not received your decision letter and that you have had no response from your preference college.

ReputationRep:
      Dear Minerva,

I did not have my AS results while I applied to Cambridge. Would this greatly disadvantage my application as there is no indicator of my performance in college?

ReputationRep:
      OFFER FROM GIRTON POST RE-INTERVIEW
      Came by letter

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by _Georgie)
      OFFER FROM GIRTON POST RE-INTERVIEW
      Came by letter
      Congratulations! :party:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.