Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Georgie)
    Thank you!

I have a question about my offer conditions though - the norm for a STEP offer is 1, 1 yet I've been given 1, 2, does anyone know why this is? Is it me or Girton that's unusual?
    :woo:
    It is unusual, and I could only say it is a positive sign. It's up to you to do your best in preparation + the papers now

ReputationRep:
    Any updates with medics? Two of my friends got fished on Monday. The waiting's becoming a bit of a joke...

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for the day that a medic posts in this thread with some news, only then will I feel like I'm actually in the pool...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma-anna)

Ah it's such a relief to hear a fellow English Churchill interviewee.

I thought my interview went very badly. They didn't seem interested in me and I found them quite dismissive.

Good Luck !!
    MY FEELINGS PRECISELY! It felt kind of like they just wanted to get the interview finished as quickly as possible. It's a relief to hear it wasn't just me they were like that to! ...I suppose, if they were uninterested in all 6 people that they interviewed, they have still got to give the places to some people. But tbh, I keep wondering, if they are like that to their students as well as to interviewees, would we really want to go there? a question to which I do not know the answer

You weren't by any chance the blonde girl who came in just as I was leaving, were you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanishPastry)
    Oh my gosh, I've just received an offer! English student pooled by Queens', received an offer from St Edmund's (if I understand the campus code correctly). It was updated on Track this evening, so I expect the official letter is on its way. So excited!!!

My condition is providing a satisfactory financial guarantee. Does anyone know what that means, exactly?

Good luck to any remaining fish, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    International?
    You need to show you've got the money to pay for living costs and tuition fees for the three year period of the degree.

UK applicants have government loans so its not needed.

ReputationRep:

I have a question about my offer conditions though - the norm for a STEP offer is 1, 1 yet I've been given 1, 2, does anyone know why this is? Is it me or Girton that's unusual?
    WELL DONE! I like it when mathmos succeed, even if I'm still swimming!

I should find out tomorrow, not confident at all

ReputationRep:
    After two weeks of constantly refreshing this thread I thought it was about time to post only if to let all the Medics on here know the waiting will not go on much longer. Having been pooled by Emmanuel I got a rejection this afternoon via track. I had contacted them earlier this week and had been told decisions hadn't been made at that point so I assume this now means that all decisions about open offers have been finalised.

I'd just like to thank Minerva, all your stats and advice have helped keep me and my parents sane in what seemed like a never ending process. Good Luck to all those still waiting Just keep swimming.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamsherlocked)
    MY FEELINGS PRECISELY! It felt kind of like they just wanted to get the interview finished as quickly as possible. It's a relief to hear it wasn't just me they were like that to! ...I suppose, if they were uninterested in all 6 people that they interviewed, they have still got to give the places to some people. But tbh, I keep wondering, if they are like that to their students as well as to interviewees, would we really want to go there? a question to which I do not know the answer

You weren't by any chance the blonde girl who came in just as I was leaving, were you?
    Yes I'm literally so relieved you felt the same. I was despairing that they just wrote me off as soon as they saw me. I wonder how many places they have to fill with the 6...? I completely agree about not even being sure about wanting to go but maybe it is just an act to make you feel like that.

No i have brown hair haha
    I also found the poems in the test really hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proterra)
    Cambridge here I come, offer from Girton for Maths, see you in October Georgie
    Just that small matter of passing STEP now! :P
    Standard offer or 1, 2?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by track for History at Murray Edwards after a re-interview. I'm just so glad this god awful process is over and we can finally have some closure regardless of the outcome !

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've been stalking this thread since my son was interviewed at Peterhouse for BioNatSci in Dec. He found out today that, after being pooled and reinterviewed by Robinson, he hasn't been successful. Found out by email from Peterhouse today. It's helped keep me sane - let alone my son- over the last few weeks to hear others' experiences. Thanks Minerva and all you fishes. Whatever you go on to do you will be amazing, I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    :woo:
    It is unusual, and I could only say it is a positive sign. It's up to you to do your best in preparation + the papers now
    That's still the scary bit no matter what the grades are! As soon as exams are over I'll be heading over to the STEP thread frequently I'm sure. Maybe if we all work together we can get everyone in

(Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•)
    WELL DONE! I like it when mathmos succeed, even if I'm still swimming!

I should find out tomorrow, not confident at all
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! I really really hope we just have good news for swimming mathmos from today onwards, I'd love to see everyone at Cambridge in Oct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma-anna)
    Yes I'm literally so relieved you felt the same. I was despairing that they just wrote me off as soon as they saw me. I wonder how many places they have to fill with the 6...? I completely agree about not even being sure about wanting to go but maybe it is just an act to make you feel like that.

No i have brown hair haha
    I also found the poems in the test really hard
    I am guessing 2 or 3 places.

Yeah people keep telling me "oh they are usually horrible to people who they think are good, the people who feel like their interviews went hideously are usually the ones who get in"...but I'm not sure that's true, at least not in this case

I thought that I did reasonably well in my essay on the poem, but then when we talked about that poem in the interview he didn't seem convinced by my interpretation at all! As for the prose passage which we only talked about, I literally could not find anything to say about it at all!!!

Just that small matter of passing STEP now! :P
      Standard offer or 1, 2?
      Std

ReputationRep:
      This is stupid.

I've had about five emails today from random sites I signed up to years ago saying 'happy birthday!', and every time I almost had a heart attack because I thought it could have been from Cambridge. :sigh:
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Xotol)
      This is stupid.

I've had about five emails today from random sites I signed up to years ago saying 'happy birthday!', and every time I almost had a heart attack because I thought it could have been from Cambridge. :sigh:
      Happy Birthday!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by iamsherlocked)
      I am guessing 2 or 3 places.

Yeah people keep telling me "oh they are usually horrible to people who they think are good, the people who feel like their interviews went hideously are usually the ones who get in"...but I'm not sure that's true, at least not in this case

I thought that I did reasonably well in my essay on the poem, but then when we talked about that poem in the interview he didn't seem convinced by my interpretation at all! As for the prose passage which we only talked about, I literally could not find anything to say about it at all!!!
      Yeah well I thought my first set of interviews went quite well and obviously i didnt get a place so hopefully its the reverse of what you think!!! my essay was an absolute disaster.... and talking about the prose was less bad. but overall it was terrible

ReputationRep:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! I really really hope we just have good news for swimming mathmos from today onwards, I'd love to see everyone at Cambridge in Oct
      Thank you! I'll let you know tomorrow

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Xotol)
      This is stupid.

I had that on Tuesday

ReputationRep:
      Rejection from Emmanuel,Medicine

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.