Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stalkingparent)
    Our postings just crossed. So sorry to hear about your email.

We continue to wait - Durham awaits here otherwise too for my son - he favours Trev college for its music room as a keen drummer/guitarist - padded cell is the best place for him. To be honest I really liked Durham and am beginning to wonder about the way you have all been treated here.

I'm sure you will have a great time there. Good luck.
    Slight coincidence

I'll be heading to Durham now, may be a good thing as I'll be doing geophysics there rather than nat sci at cambridge where I will have to do a broader curriculum and Durham is still a great university! I don't feel I was treated bad, just a lack of communication gave me false hope.

Best of luck to your son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    Yay! I was hoping your blossoming romance with Lord of the Flies wouldn't come to an abrupt end
    What the heck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    Yay! I was hoping your blossoming romance with Lord of the Flies wouldn't come to an abrupt end

(I spend too much time on this website )
    Unfortunately now it will be a long-distance relationship

(Original post by josephtsui)
      Just got a phone call from Fitzwilliam today, I got an OFFER!!! This is the best day of my life (so far)! Thank you everyone for the advice and support, and good luck to those who are still swimming. And really don't be too upset if you don't get an offer, there's a lot of luck involved in the whole interview process, so it really doesn't mean anything.

Thanks.
      This is excellent news! So glad to hear it, well done.

(Original post by ukdragon37)
        Unfortunately now it will be a long-distance relationship
        :lol: Is this a reference to the Overheard at Cambridge post? (at least it's not Homerton - Girton :lol: )

ReputationRep:
        For anyone who was re-interviewed at Magdalene, I called up today and they said that they're still in the process of sending out letters etc. and we can probably expect to hear by the middle of next week.

I was pooled by Downing for Law and called to check if my file had been returned, but it hadn't. Hope that's a good sign...

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by bellatrixb)
        Just got an offer from Magdalene(pooled from Clare) for BioNatSci!!!! I honestly was expecting a rejection with how my re-interview went, but I'm absolutely thrilled
        Congratulations Was this by post or by email?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ohlittlewolf)
        Offer from Churchill today after re-interview for English!
        I was pooled by Kings and interviewed by Churchill and Fitz.
        Deferred entry in 2014. My mum is furious but I will probably be over the moon once I get over the hurt from her reaction haha. Apparently getting a deferred place "doesn't count".
        thank you Minerva and everyone, hope others are waking up to good news today.
        (Original post by ma-anna)
        Offer today via track for English at Churchill 2013. So happy!
        ME TOO! so so happy, i can't believe it!!

And that's so cool that all 3 of us on TSR got offers :eek:

Mine is for deferred entry too like ohlittlewolf. ma-anna, did you get in for this year then?! Well done to both of you!

My mum texted me saying there was a letter from Cambridge at home, so I crept out of class to ring her and get her to open it for me...then burst back into my English lesson shouting the news and my whole class were cheering and screaming i love them so much.

As many have already said, thank you so much Minerva for seeing us through this, you've been amazing All the best to everyone else in this thread, I really hope you get good news

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by savagedhearts)
        Congratulations Was this by post or by email?
        Post have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by PD1)
        We're they open offers?
        I think we should find out pretty soon now
        one of them got into churchill with 5.9 5.6 4A. Not sure about the other but it wasnt an open offer.

ReputationRep:
        Minerva - or anyone - do you think e-mailing my College to say that although I am very grateful for & accepting the place eitherway, I was wondering if there was any chance of changing my place of entry from 2014 to 2013? Or would it be rude / pointless? I mean, I know they've probably sent all letters out already, but there's a small chance of one of the offer-holders for this year to ask for it to be deferred for whatever reason, right?
        It's ridiculous, I am so happy personally but my mother is really, really, really angry about it and I'd like to get through the next year without some massive family feud so I'd do anything for even the slightest shot at avoiding that.

ReputationRep:
        Son just come in to room happy to have just got an offer via the "UCAS email your track has been updated" - heart stopping moments whilst he found his log in.

Minerva - you have have used my logon for his details as he is not posting.

Details: PhyNatSci offer from Robinson, pooled by Trinity, by UCAS track at 1650 Friday evening, offer is 4A's (no A* surprisingly).

Good luck to all the rest of you still waiting as it's been a long while for you all. I've been really impressed by the maturity and care shown by all on here. You will ALL excel wherever you go to study.

Thanks as always to Minerva.

ReputationRep:
        Minerva - or anyone - do you think e-mailing my College to say that although I am very grateful for & accepting the place eitherway, I was wondering if there was any chance of changing my place of entry from 2014 to 2013? Or would it be rude / pointless? I mean, I know they've probably sent all letters out already, but there's a small chance of one of the offer-holders for this year to ask for it to be deferred for whatever reason, right?
        It's ridiculous, I am so happy personally but my mother is really, really, really angry about it and I'd like to get through the next year without some massive family feud so I'd do anything for even the slightest shot at avoiding that.
        I'm 99% certain that you've got zero chance of changing their minds. I wouldn't even go there if I were you - you need to look these people in the eye once you get there! I assume you checked the "I would be willing to accept an offer for 2014" box?

Your mother is being ridiculous. I'm not sure how you get her to see sense, but to be honest I have found that reasoning with angry people never works - whatever her problem is, the reaction is probably more emotional than logical. So maybe just make yourself scarce until she gets used to the idea.

If it's a problem you being at home then there should be plenty of things that you can go and do away from home that mean she's not washing your pants for an extra 12 months!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by stalkingparent)
        Son just come in to room happy to have just got an offer via the "UCAS email your track has been updated" - heart stopping moments whilst he found his log in.

Minerva - you have have used my logon for his details as he is not posting.

Details: PhyNatSci offer from Robinson, pooled by Trinity, by UCAS track at 1650 Friday evening, offer is 4A's (no A* surprisingly).

Good luck to all the rest of you still waiting as it's been a long while for you all. I've been really impressed by the maturity and care shown by all on here. You will ALL excel wherever you go to study.

Thanks as always to Minerva.
        Excellent news! Well done to your son.

I know it has been painfully slow, but I do believe that the delays are because they are trying so hard to get it right. I think that PhysNatSci total numbers are tightly controlled because of lab space, so there have to be cross-college negotiations for those last couple of dozen spaces, hence it can be extra slow.

Phew!

ReputationRep:
        My instinct is to say that that doesn't sound like a good idea, but go with whatever Minerva says.

I'm sorry about your mum's reaction - if you don't mind me asking, why is she so angry about it?

By the way, what grades did they offer you? I have to get **A

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by iamsherlocked)

Mine is for deferred entry too like ohlittlewolf. ma-anna, did you get in for this year then?! Well done to both of you!

My mum texted me saying there was a letter from Cambridge at home, so I crept out of class to ring her and get her to open it for me...then burst back into my English lesson shouting the news and my whole class were cheering and screaming i love them so much.

As many have already said, thank you so much Minerva for seeing us through this, you've been amazing All the best to everyone else in this thread, I really hope you get good news
        Yeah my offer is for 2013 but I am already on a gap year so that might have influenced why they gave me 2013 entry. So happy for all of us! Hopefully I can tell you what first year is like ready for when you come in 2014... and don't worry taking a gap year will be an absolute blessing. xx

ReputationRep:

You got an offer?!? Ah that's amazing!! I knew anyone with such an awesome taste in TV must be Cambridge material.

ReputationRep:
        Fitzwilliam college called me at 5 past midday today to tell me that they would like to give me an offer (Phys Natsci)

I applied last year to Jesus and got pooled and not fished. This year I applied to Clare and pooled but re-interviewed by Fitzwilliam. Quite a journey but it's over now

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Stray)
        I'm 99% certain that you've got zero chance of changing their minds. I wouldn't even go there if I were you - you need to look these people in the eye once you get there! I assume you checked the "I would be willing to accept an offer for 2014" box?

Your mother is being ridiculous. I'm not sure how you get her to see sense, but to be honest I have found that reasoning with angry people never works - whatever her problem is, the reaction is probably more emotional than logical. So maybe just make yourself scarce until she gets used to the idea.

If it's a problem you being at home then there should be plenty of things that you can go and do away from home that mean she's not washing your pants for an extra 12 months!
        My instinct is to say that that doesn't sound like a good idea, but go with whatever Minerva says.

I'm sorry about your mum's reaction - if you don't mind me asking, why is she so angry about it?

By the way, what grades did they offer you? I have to get **A

Yeah, i checked the box - didn't really think it through at the time as I figured those chances would be minute, and personally I would rather have a deferred place than no place - besides, I wanted a gap year initially but decided not to demand one so as not to anger the mother.

She's angry about it because in her words, the risk of me changing my mind about university and deciding to not take the place is too great (I've always been quite impulsive and changeable - although, as I have impressed upon her, only an idiot would not come back to a place at Cambridge uni), and she doesn't want to have to 'deal with the stress' of living with me for another year (though I've explained that I intend to find a work placement of some sort abroad for 6-8 months starting September). I know. I know. I don't understand it either, and it's really put such a huge dampener on the whole thing for me. Should've been the happiest day of my life but I've spent most of it crying / arguing / sleeping as a result.

Just gonna have to pray that somehow someone will convince her - cos I've sure tried - or just get used to the idea of her being mad at me for the next few months until she grows to accept it.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by lidabmob)
        Fitzwilliam college called me at 5 past midday today to tell me that they would like to give me an offer (Phys Natsci)

I applied last year to Jesus and got pooled and not fished. This year I applied to Clare and pooled but re-interviewed by Fitzwilliam. Quite a journey but it's over now
        Aahh! I feel your pain/joy. I applied to Clare last year and got rejected. Applied to Queens this year and then I was told I was rejected but actually was pooled, reinterviewed by Churchill and got an offer today...phew!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.