Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickyr212)
    Another one pooled for PBS here, sorry ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile
    from which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayim)
    Yes it Caius! The only other friend of mine waiting is from there too..
    Me, my friend and almost everyone I've seen from TSR who applied to Caius haven't heard back yet so it seems obvious that they messed up the letters some how. Nothing to do but wait I guess

ReputationRep:
    Which day do they normally call on? Friday? Saturday? Sunday? HELP!E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atropos)
    if bad GCSE's help then I'm here for the winner i have 3 GCSE's (ACE) :d

unfortunely, it's not the reason
    oh wow that's actually pretty impressive what course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unbridled)
    I don't have any exams to revise for, so I'll guess I'll be watching the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy today xD
    Lucky! Haha, how many exams in June?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pressureoverload)
    I am about to dieeeeeee. Can't stay afloat anymore.
    me neither. I'm just sitting by the phone.

ReputationRep:
    Got pooled by Downing for MML, seems to be a lot from downing! I hate all this waiting....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJRA)
    Me, my friend and almost everyone I've seen from TSR who applied to Caius haven't heard back yet so it seems obvious that they messed up the letters some how. Nothing to do but wait I guess
    I do know one person with an offer though, for comp sci.
    Oh well, more time to hope..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooosy)
    Swimming is getting veeery tiring... any hope for me and my 85% UMS average?
    YAY! Sorry, I'm just so happy at finding someone who hasn't got like 97 UMS average as mine is about 85 too. I guess we have the benefit of knowing we interviewed well but I'm a little scared that colleges won't want the risk of taking someone with lower UMS. I guess all we have to do is wait and see, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theminimg)
    Well. Somewhere in the endless sleepless hours of the last few days I've been looking up the stats for History offers through the pool and I think 56 were offered last year.. Which might mean that they might call us today if they were to call, because with an average ish of 2 per college you'd think they'd just make a couple of calls at the end of a long day instead of coming into work tomorrow or the day after (??)

Well... Firstly I don't have an offer from Durham (yet*hopes*) and it's a very long way away and rather cold.. I'd have to re-think after all of this is over!

The horrible thing is I know that the phone won't ring at 3 on the dot because that's not what happens... urgh.
    I have also gone through all imagineable stats and what not, and yes I agree, you would think, but apparently some are rubbish and don't understand what a completely awful situation this is and don't bother telling people very quickly.
    There is also the added confusion of people being given offers from their original college which then goes down in the stats as a direct offer, which makes the picture look very slightly better.
    I have next to me my mobile on full volume, a landline phone, my phone with one email account running and my laptop with another (don't know which one it would be), and a pen and pad ready. Sad. I'm clearly stressed, my 15 year old sister just volunteered to use her Saturday afternoon to help me research for my EPQ to calm me down. I must stop looking at the clock...

Well fingers crossed for you!! With both Durham and this pool I never visited Bristol, I just applied, did you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've been pooled for History. Post-A2 applicant, A*AAA (with extenuating circumstances). Have ANY historians had contact with anyone from any of the colleges since Friday?

ReputationRep:
    G'aaaaaaaaggghhhh first call of the day it it went dead straight away!!! D: 1471 says it was a foreign number!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPJY)
    oh wow that's actually pretty impressive what course are you applying for?
    maths at trinity (but they don't want me ;'(), btw. by saying ACE i didn't want to say the word these are the grades

ReputationRep:
    why does everyone think the calls will only happen after 3pm?

ReputationRep:
    Do they just ring landlines? I'm out shopping today. My dad opened my letter and told me I've been pooled at 12. Arrggghh I'm stressed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_x)
    Hi guys, I've been pooled for History. Post-A2 applicant, A*AAA (with extenuating circumstances). Have ANY historians had contact with anyone from any of the colleges since Friday?
    One guy got pooled to Corpus Christi from Selwyn for History yesterday I believe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theminimg)
    Me too, UMS 96.5% applied for rather over-subscribed Clare -hoping for the best!
    :console: Fellow Clare applicant here! When I look at the statistics it FREAKS ME OUT that numbers were 56 this year! Have you had any contact with any of the colleges since being pooled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkll93)
    Here we go again, I'm back for another swim...

Last year I was pooled by King's for HSPS.
    This year I've been pooled by Downing for Philosophy.

Last year I had this year as security. This time round I'm just really scared it won't work out.

WHY WHY WHY!!!!
    Oh no! Hopefully it'll all work out - fingers crossed for you

I've been pooled by Downing for HSPS - it's a college that seems rather keen on setting applicants afloat. In my first interview there, they talked to me about the pooling process and suggested I look into it. Hardly encouraging!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    One guy got pooled to Corpus Christi from Selwyn for History yesterday I believe...
    Good for him, although this makes me feel unbelievably nervous now!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has revision flash cards, my technique for the day is that I have to go through them all before I'm allowed to refresh the thread so that it forces me to actually do some revision...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.