Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ohhhhhhh mmyyyy goooddd, I just got cold called from a foreign number, possibly the worst feeling ever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    It doesn't guarantee you a place however if you have come from:
    a school that is in a poor area or that has poor results
    you have previously been in care or adopted
    you had poor GCSEs results
    you have/had a physical disability or a treated mental disability

these can all help you to get into Oxbridge, however they aren't guaranteed and you still need to work your bum off to get excellent results!

I'm not british so when I came to UK i had to sit GCSE without knowing english (fun times )

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theminimg)
    I'm guessing you applied for history too right? No contact yet (desperately crosses fingers) how about you? Well the numbers were the highest this year than they ever have been... So I suppose we still might be good, just not in line for winning the next nobel prize
    Still not at horrific as King's, over 60 applicants... *cry*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooosy)
    yayayayay i'm not alone! guess they must have liked our interviews what subject/college did you apply for? good luck to you too!
    I applied to Peterhouse to do Philosophy, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    3 o'clock although don't really expect to hear anything, just happy to have been pooled and still be in with a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, comrades.

ReputationRep:
    why are they not calling :'(
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atropos)
    I'm not british so when I came to UK i had to sit GCSE without knowing english (fun times )
    Wow! Thats amazing, i can't imagine going to another country that uses a foreign language and have to take an exam!

ReputationRep:
    Last year they started calling at about 5, so I wouldn't really expect anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    Wow! Thats amazing, i can't imagine going to another country that uses a foreign language and have to take an exam!
    exams are exams, try reading shakespeare, you should see my face when my english teacher handed the book into my hand the first day

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious about this "S" category - I haven't had my letter yet (post is delayed) but I was ill (physically vomited several times between my 2nd and 3rd interviews) on the day: do you think it is likely I will have been put in this category?

ReputationRep:
    JUST GOT A CALL...

...and it was from a guy that my dad does website design for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    No I think they're counted in there, but on this: http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...ly/statistics/ they're not. Not that I really understand!!

At least that's productive! I've managed 780 words of my essay which I started this morning. I do about a sentence and then refresh this thread. Not good.

Ah ok, is it nice? I also visited Durham, its far away for me too, I stayed overnight in one of the colleges. Which college at Durham did you apply for?

Tell me about it. Especially knowing one chap for history has already been fished. Yesterday. GAH.
    I read about that person yesterday. I joked to my friend (also pooled) about us eating him.

Sadly in my awful Cambridge-fuelled rejection haze I've forgotten which college I've applied to, what about you? I might remember if it happens to be the same one!

Apparently the campus at Bristol is quite a bit away from the city, but I suppose you have a city at least and as a student you won't be going out every day (or you won't be eating) on a student budget.

Why isn't the phone ringing? Make it ring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theminimg)
    Well if 10 of the 56 got offers...

46/56

... I don't know...

I've cracked open a box of chocolates and have abandoned *casual working* to calm myself down. It wasn't working. None of it was working....;lsdkjfas;ljfdl;askjd fl;askdjfl;akjsdfl;askdjf;laskdf j

do you know how many history applicants have been pooled or others who've heard?
    No idea re number of history applicants that have been pooled. If you look at last year's statistics 5 of the people pooled were offered places by other colleges, so I'm hoping it's only slightly above that number! Also, it may not have been ten - could have been slightly under in preparation for the pooling system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unbridled)
    Last year they started calling at about 5, so I wouldn't really expect anything yet.
    how do you know it wss 5?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    JUST GOT A CALL...

...and it was from a guy that my dad does website design for.
    Got a call too, just responding to an ad. bahhhh

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooosy)
    Still not at horrific as King's, over 60 applicants... *cry*
    I went to an open day there. Amusingly I met a guy at the open day and he invited me to his 18th the other day.

In other less trivial news.. that sounds terrifying and awful. However now we are all swimming around in this horrible pool place. Drowning.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.