Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkspence1)
    I GOT FISHED!!!! YAYAAYAYAYAYAYA Robinson are going to make me an offer for medicine. they said i'll get my letter next week but that i might want to know before then Have faith everyone It could be you next xxx
    Well done! That's amazing! I have also applied for medicine but I'm still waiting to be fished

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkspence1)
    I GOT FISHED!!!! YAYAAYAYAYAYAYA Robinson are going to make me an offer for medicine. they said i'll get my letter next week but that i might want to know before then Have faith everyone It could be you next xxx
    WELL DONEE......although does make me feel slightly more jealous/depressed still AWESSSSOOOMMMMMEEE!!! xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    Prof Ben Green and Dr James Newton on 5th Dec. What did you do in your interview though?
    we basically went over the questions i did in the test, nothing but that what about you ?

ReputationRep:
    HAVE MEEE ROBINSON

i love red bricks <3
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    :reel: :reel: :reel: :reel: :reel: :reel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyandbeyond)
    Hi! I've seen you floating around some of the cambridge threads before Hopefully we're the only ones pooled for pbs so we have a good chance of getting fished (I wish! :rolleyes:)
    Aha, yeah that is a pretty apt word to describe what I'm currently doing now. But yes hopefully we will be fished, even though there are slightly more of us PBS applicants on this thread than first anticipated. There must be at least 10 spaces remaining!

ReputationRep:
    Newnham just rang and gave me an offer for English!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weronika_)
    Well done! That's amazing! I have also applied for medicine but I'm still waiting to be fished
    Me too, last year 50 people were fished for Medicine so we're in with a chance .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    HISTORIANS AMONGST US:

Am I to assume, through either ridiculous oversubscription and people already being notified, we can rule out the following colleges:

Clare, Corpus Christi, King's, St Catherine's and maybe Gonville & Caius?
    Most Gonville and Caius applicants haven't heard anything yet including my friend whose a history applicant. Not sure how competitive it is there though.

Edit: Turns out there are 48 History applicants this year at Caius which does make it one of the most popular choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theminimg)
    do you know when they stop making calls today? Now is a bit late anyway
    No idea, but someone said last year they really got going at more like five

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    yeah I saw that too, but do people really want to start doing that at 5pm on a Saturday? Seriously???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJRA)
    Most Gonville and Caius applicants haven't heard anything yet including my friend whose a history applicant. Not sure how competitive it is there though.
    Gonville & Caius had 48 applicants for history

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...ly/statistics/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    Me too, last year 50 people were fished for Medicine so we're in with a chance .
    Just out of interest, where did you get that stat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theminimg)
    yeah I saw that too, but do people really want to start doing that at 5pm on a Saturday? Seriously???
    Let's please say they do, or how will any of us sleep?

ReputationRep:
    This is more bearable for other people. People who are hoping to take PBS dont have any other years to compare to! we have no idea how many people are accepted into the course and how many get fished. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    For history or generally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atropos)
    that's what i meant if magic existed and we knew about it, it would automatically become logical, give me an example of maths that would be destroyed if magic existed (I can see where this conversation is going ;DD)
    But as I say, magic is by definition illogical. Magic is basically the art of doing something completely impossible to explain logically. Therefore, it's presence would cause there to be contradictions, which ruins Maths as a whole; Maths is only valid as long there can be no contradictions. Have you read Godel Escher Bach? If not, I'd recommend it, it's very interesting and would explain this to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_rose41)
    GRATZ!! SO jealous what did they say on the phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_x)
    For history or generally?
    I think that was generally. I haven't heard anyone fished for history today, only yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_rose41)
    Congratulations, that's fantastic news

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.