Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    University wide?!
    Yes.

But i used TSR statistics so it isn't a complete representation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_rose41)
    Newnham just rang and gave me an offer for English!
    Gah, jealous, well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theminimg)
    do you know when they stop making calls today? Now is a bit late anyway
    It's late but we international applicants haven't even got the decision letters/emails. at least that applies to most of my friends. (only 1 or 2 received the decisions)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy973)
    Got pooled by Clare for Natural Sciences.

There's no one at my house and we don't have an answering machine.. Do you think they would email/call my mobile if they can't get hold of me on my landline?
    i would definately think so and they send you a letter anyway. the guy said to me that they really just are phoning to take you out of your misery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Yes.

But i used TSR statistics so it isn't a complete representation.
    You will be the chosen one

ReputationRep:
    Got another interview at Robinson college!! I'm happy yet nervous/freaking out!! Eeeeeeeekk!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    Let's please say they do, or how will any of us sleep?
    I got my Trinity Interview Invitation at 11:04pm on a Saturday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    I got my Trinity Interview Invitation at 11:04pm on a Saturday!
    By phone?!?!? or e-mail?

ReputationRep:
    Seems like they are starting to call people
    Sigh. Losing all hope now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKA17)
    I think that was generally. I haven't heard anyone fished for history today, only yesterday.
    The fact that people were fished yesterday and haven't been so today is rather nerve-wracking. Hopefully this is just specific to the colleges involved as opposed to a more general attitude regarding when history fishing should take place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_x)
    The fact that people were fished yesterday and haven't been so today is rather nerve-wracking. Hopefully this is just specific to the colleges involved as opposed to a more general attitude regarding when history fishing should take place.
    I think it is. People were saying how only some colleges 'jump the gun' or whatever it was, so I'm assuming the rest hold off and don't start telling people until they're meant to. We must all keep smiling

ReputationRep:
    RIGHT, I'm wrenching myself away from my landline/computer for five minutes to make myself a cup of tea. Still have my mobile on me, however!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atropos)
    we basically went over the questions i did in the test, nothing but that what about you ?
    So you didn't get asked about personal statement or anything general right? I didn't and that's all I was wondering. But did you not answer any more questions during the interview; questions which you hadn't answered in the test?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    You will be the chosen one
    :lol: I don't hold much hope for that right now :moon:

(Original post by louisjevans)
    Got another interview at Robinson college!! I'm happy yet nervous/freaking out!! Eeeeeeeekk!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck with that

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've been pooledddd for chem eng via engineering from king's... I don't really know what to think being in this limbo-land. But good luck to all of us, i really really hope we get fished

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Reece)
    By phone?!?!? or e-mail?
    By email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivo)
    Just out of interest, where did you get that stat?
    The admissions statistics page for Cambridge here then choose:
    When - Last 5 years
    Show - Applications, Identify winter pool offers, acceptances.
    For - Medicine.

You'll see the graph showing the number each year made offers and also how many of them were through the pool. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooosy)
    Same it's KILLING me! And not sure, at the time I enjoyed them, all the interviewers were lovely and really interesting and interested in what I said, I didn't feel too stupid, but there was so much more I could have said (which obviously I only realised afterwards...)
    But with comparably 'low' UMS I guess our interviews must have been okay to get us into the pool
    How were yours?
    Yeah my experience sounds really similar! I really enjoyed my interviews because I went in knowing I was probably a few steps behind (in comparison with those who have glowing academic records) so I just threw caution to the wind and hoped that it was enough! I think we should be quite proud though, knowing that we are still being considered, I just really hope it's enough.

ReputationRep:
    This is so depressing. I am leaving this forum and my house shortly .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisjevans)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! I feel really greatful for another opportunity but jeez, another bloody interview! I am so nervous already. What course and which college did you apply to?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.